• Playwire Ad Area

Former Ohio State Wrestlers Warn Jim Jordan Is Not Fit To Be Speaker

Jimmy Cinnabon

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

so you didn't know about it,

did a quick google search to the always-reliable factcheckers

and now you're an expert. got it.

just listen to / read his words ya nut.

Come on man.  Biden’s not racist, he just hires people based on their skin color, and donations. 

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

so you didn't know about it,

did a quick google search to the always-reliable factcheckers

and now you're an expert. got it.

just listen to / read his words ya nut.

The problem with Facebook news is it purposefully omits information so it is not reliable or meaningful.  It is worse than useless.

5 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Come on man.  Biden’s not racist, he just hires people based on their skin color, and donations. 

Says the guy who proclaims that it's ok to be white. 

If any of it were true,  he then SHOULD be your man. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

57 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

FB news?

it's right there on video. 

They never remove context from videos and then put them on social media.

I only posted on this because you actually ridiculed someone for - get this - fact checking Facebook news.  Perhaps the worst admonishment in history.

now do biden's bro david byrd. 

Are you drunk?

David Byrd? From Tango & Cash?

Or, is this clown trying and failing to reference Robert Byrd? The US Senator from West Virginia?

The one time Klan leader who had a “come to Jesus” moment, changed just about everything he once believed in, and received the highest possible rating from the NAACP? The guy who was eulogize as a champion of civil rights, upon his death, by the NAACP?

https://web.archive.org/web/20100707183755/http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-mourns-the-passing-of-u.s.-senator-robert-byrd/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

They never remove context from videos and then put them on social media.

I only posted on this because you actually ridiculed someone for - get this - fact checking Facebook news.  Perhaps the worst admonishment in history.

I never understood people’s problem with fact checking, other than those are the people that are really much more interested in the narrative than the truth. 

Can there be any other reason someone would have a problem with other people seeking out to see if something is actually true?

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

It’s not okay to be white?  Am I missing something?

It started as a joke.  People were discussing how nutty pampered affluent white people reacted to innocuous statements and hypothesized that if we posted a bunch of flyers that said “It’s Alright to be White” it would be decried as racist.  They did and it was. 

• Fire 1

I just find it humorous that people use "fact checked" websites for their truth and then swear by it.  I have used them before as a point of my information gathering on a topic but by no means are they the be all of everything "true".  I found that most of the sites use indirect things to prove or disprove things..ex, "Biden wasn't telling the truth because he said that thing happened on a Wed when in fact it happened on a Tue', when the day of the week had nothing to do with the topic...or the "fact checkers" take things out of context.  It was really bad on CNN for Trump and Covid crap.

Oh and the irony of people trying to bash others about just believing everything they read on the internet, then prove they are right by saying they used a "fact checking" website...can't make this stuff up

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I just find it humorous that people use "fact checked" websites for their truth and then swear by it.  I have used them before as a point of my information gathering on a topic but by no means are they the be all of everything "true".  I found that most of the sites use indirect things to prove or disprove things..ex, "Biden wasn't telling the truth because he said that thing happened on a Wed when in fact it happened on a Tue', when the day of the week had nothing to do with the topic...or the "fact checkers" take things out of context.  It was really bad on CNN for Trump and Covid crap.

Oh and the irony of people trying to bash others about just believing everything they read on the internet, then prove they are right by saying they used a "fact checking" website...can't make this stuff up

No one should believe everything they read on the internet, whether it is Facebook news or snopes.com.   Difference between the two is you can safely assume Facebook news is a lie and move on.  Still using your old buddy Sean's byline I see!

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

It’s not okay to be white?  Am I missing something?

It's a slogan that white power groups have adopted and use as one of their primary slogans today. 

If you were to go to the Stormfront site,  which is a hub for white power groups,  the slogan is all over the place.  Not their rallies too. You'll see many wearing those shirts. 

So, pair Off Thr Mat's words with the use of that slogan,  which she uses,  and then tell me which conclusion that one should draw. 

Thirty years in the bidness easily informs me of the person we're dealing with. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

It started as a joke.  People were discussing how nutty pampered affluent white people reacted to innocuous statements and hypothesized that if we posted a bunch of flyers that said “It’s Alright to be White” it would be decried as racist.  They did and it was. 

It'd had been better if that's really what happened.  What a bs'er.

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Thanks for proving my pernt again that fantasy is reality and reality is fantasy 

So,  how do determine what's true when facts disprove something?

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

“Fact-checkers” have been shown to be decidedly partisan.  Even when they get one right they tend to hedge. 

Why,  yes,  alternative facts,  Kellyanne Stormfront!

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

No one should believe everything they read on the internet, whether it is Facebook news or snopes.com.   Difference between the two is you can safely assume Facebook news is a lie and move on.  Still using your old buddy Sean's byline I see!

I never find errors with real factcheck sites.  That's why they exist. 

As should be the case with any adequately informed public,  I can read through a factcheck claim and immediately be able to determine its ttuthfulness.

In the case of Biden being a segregationist, it was clearly documented as false.  My ten year old grandsons,  who are sharp anyway,  could determine that from the story. 

Of course most are not a member of either group, but interesting groups are gelling on the right nonetheless.   One believes anything and they very much will themselves to do so.  The other believes nothing apart from their own narrative.  The latter group learns nothing new.

22 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

As should be the case with any adequately informed public,  I can read through a factcheck claim and immediately be able to determine its ttuthfulness.

In the case of Biden being a segregationist, it was clearly documented as false.  My ten year old grandsons,  who are sharp anyway,  could determine that from the story. 

Of course he was for integration, but he was for the right integration and not the bad integration.  He was for the NIMBY integration.  

12 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Of course he was for integration, but he was for the right integration and not the bad integration.  He was for the NIMBY integration.  

Whatever that means,  Stormfront.

You know how I can also tell he wasn't opposed to integration? Because YOU'D be his biggest supporter!

56 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

It's a slogan that white power groups have adopted and use as one of their primary slogans today. 

If you were to go to the Stormfront site,  which is a hub for white power groups,  the slogan is all over the place.  Not their rallies too. You'll see many wearing those shirts. 

So, pair Off Thr Mat's words with the use of that slogan,  which she uses,  and then tell me which conclusion that one should draw. 

Thirty years in the bidness easily informs me of the person we're dealing with. 

I mean, I don’t know about all that storm front or whatever. 

But…yeah…it is in fact okay to be white. 

Another question: why do you always feel the need to give us your resume?