• Playwire Ad Area

Wrestle-offs Schedule and Results

flyingcement

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

This helps explain the Cael Carlson transfer

It doesn't really explain the original Nachohouse transfer the year before, though.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Arizona State had their wrestleoffs.

At 157lbs Teemer bwat Kolloc 4-2

At 165lbs Ruiz beat McClane 6-5

At 184lbs Negron beat Valencoa 6-4

Last one surprised the shit out of me.

Why? Cael isn’t his brothers.

Now, Tony at 184? That’s wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Why? Cael isn’t his brothers.

Now, Tony at 184? That’s wild.

I still thought Cael, a guy I thought could win a match or two at NCAAs (maybe just one...l at 184 after going up from 174, would smash Negon, a guy who was a tiny 165lber last year after going up from 157 who went 4W-13L down the stretch last year, especially up at 184.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Whoa... some close one's there and surprising results. Is Valencia heading up or down? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Whoa... some close one's there and surprising results. Is Valencia heading up or down? 

ASU wrestle offs mean absolutely nothing. Barely enough out there to call it an exhibition. However, nobody ever wants to or doesn’t care about losing. Some of the results are definitely worrisome but won’t reflect in the starting lineup 100%. 

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

ASU wrestle offs mean absolutely nothing. Barely enough out there to call it an exhibition. However, nobody ever wants to or doesn’t care about losing. Some of the results are definitely worrisome but won’t reflect in the starting lineup 100%. 

From a lineup standpoint I assumed Negron would be at 174. Think that’s still the plan?

23 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Vasquez looked like he has recovered nicely. No Larkin though. 

49 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

Vasquez looked like he has recovered nicely. No Larkin though. 

I think Larkin will RS. Thought he would wrestle 157 next year. But he is registered at 65kg at the Farrell in 2 weeks. 

Edited by SunDevil

8 hours ago, SunDevil said:

I think Larkin will RS. Thought he would wrestle 157 next year. But he is registered at 65kg at the Farrell in 2 weeks. 

Maybe Parco moves up to 57 next year. Wonder if Sutkovic will be the starter at 197 or if it is going to be Montalvo. Negron and Valencia back to back will be interesting. I also wonder if Ruiz will RS or if they'll go with him over McClane. 

Maybe Parco moves up to 57 next year. Wonder if Sutkovic will be the starter at 197 or if it is going to be Montalvo. Negron and Valencia back to back will be interesting. I also wonder if Ruiz will RS or if they'll go with him over McClane. 

Up? I thought Parco should move down to 141. He looks small for 149.

15 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Up? I thought Parco should move down to 141. He looks small for 149.

Well if Larkin doesn't go 57 then somebody will. They get Yas back from injury/RS next year at 133. Unless Vasquez gets hurt again or transfers I don't see him moving up. 141 is perfect for him. Somebody is going to sit next year and be unhappy. 

3 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

Well if Larkin doesn't go 57 then somebody will. They get Yas back from injury/RS next year at 133. Unless Vasquez gets hurt again or transfers I don't see him moving up. 141 is perfect for him. Somebody is going to sit next year and be unhappy. 

Could very well be Teemer again next year at 157. Have to figure they have Chlebove, Yas, Vasquez, Ramos, Parco, and Larkin for essentially 3 weights with no redshirts to play with next year. I’d think somebody leaves.

Edited by RegularStalling

Penn lineup starting to get clearer after some public wrestleoffs this weekend - may be other wrestleoffs that are not public.  I think the Keystone and early season matches might also help sort out the lineup.

125 - Ryan Miller is back and very solid, his closest challenge was a 2 pt win over frosh Max Gallagher.  Impressed that Max is that close to Ryan. 3rd at this weight is Brady Pruet.

133- Michael Colaiocco OT over Alex Almeyda. Both are very tough.  Challenging Ivy and EIWA weight with the freestyle world champ and defending NCAA champ perhaps defending this year?

141- NCAA AA CJ Composto wins the bracket, 2nd is Nico Nardone

149 - Andy Trocynski wins the 4 man bracket, closest match with Kelly Dunnigan - Jackson Polo and Jackson Dean provide depth at this weight.   Cross Wasilewski taking a gap year and won the Princeton Open at 149.   I hear Swisher is now at 157 - maybe we will see him at the Keystone?  Not sure of whether he plans to cut to 149 as some on this board have predicted.

157 - no public wrestle off - One of Penn's Captains, Lucas Revano, reportedly coming down from 165 and not sure who else might challenge for this spot

165 - Kaya Sement wins the round robin over Cole Spencer and Cam Connor.  Its a cool name but I have not seen him in many matches.  Looking forward to it!

174- Nick Incontrerra is the man

184 - Max Hale is the man

197 - Cole Urbas held off Martin Cosgrove - not sure if Cosgrove might go up?  I think e competed in high school at 215 for some matches.

285 - John Stout has grown into the weight and won the round robin over frosh Zach Delsanter and Matt Cruise. 

13 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Could very well be Teemer again next year at 157. Have to figure they have Chlebove, Yas, Vasquez, Ramos, Parco, and Larkin for essentially 3 weights with no redshirts to play with next year. I’d think somebody leaves.

I thought Chlebove was a senior and this was his last year. Same for Teemer. I think if they don't have the space either Ramos or Vasquez transfers. 

17 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

I thought Chlebove was a senior and this was his last year. Same for Teemer. I think if they don't have the space either Ramos or Vasquez transfers. 

According to wrestlestat they both should have one more year after this one.

15 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Maybe they thought some of those guys would grow to 174-197

18 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Don't forget Manville coming in next year (145) and little Larkin who is probably in the fold.