• Playwire Ad Area

Who would you choose?

wrestlingshoe

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But could Askren work for someone? 

He has no desire to coach at the college level. Just think he would be a good draw, fun, and he's doing an amazing job at the club level it seems. Even some of my non wrestling HS students recognize his poster on my wall from MMA. 

2 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Askren has said he’d consider coaching Wisconsin.  Seems like much would need to come together to make it so.

I’m liking the idea of coach Vito in the future.

I almost put Vito on my list. Love to watch him. If he can translate his wrestling to coaching that would be amazing. Funt to watch. Dynamic. Technical. 

Tervel Dlagnev.  There isn't anyone in college or international ranks who has anything bad to say about him.  He was instrumental in Kyle Snyder's development as well.  A great role model and everyone sings his praises as being great in terms of technique instruction.  Experience building relationships and recruiting top kids as well.  Nebraska is lucky to have him but I could see him becoming HC somewhere.

Askren is a superstar kids/club coach, but the Twitter X rants about cryptocurrency, conspiracy theories, and right-wing political stuff (like re-tweeting Cernovich) would be a problem with big college admin who are very liberal/PC.  

• Fire 2

good topic.
HC's have to wear a lot of hats so my list will be small.
but gimme
James Green (in the future)
Brandon Slay
Reece Humphrey
Tony Ramos

Reece seems like a guy who can build rapport with college kids, instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potentially some great coaches there, but...

A lot of these guys who are being mentioned may have the tools, but aren't in the college ranks.  Unless they have an "in," I imagine it would be tough to get an AD to look at them.  Kemp, Mocco, Dake, Burroughs, Askren, Slay, Humphrey aren't in college rooms or (more importantly) offices.  An AD isn't going to want to take a chance on a club coach who is going to violate multiple NCAA rules and create headaches for the AD.  

I'm not privy to individual circumstances, but it is certainly possible that Slay (for instance) has a great relationship with the Penn athletic department and they'd love to hire him.  The same could be true for any number of the other guys.  However, knowing athletics like I do, most ADs are going to be risk averse and in full-time CYA mode.  You'd likely need a "visionary" type AD, someone plugged into wrestling, or a pre-existing relationship to get an AD to hire an RTC coach or club coach.