• Playwire Ad Area

Does Cael pop a bottle of sparkling cider whenever an undefeated wrestler loses?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Members of the undefeated '72 Miami Dolphins reportedly pop a bottle of champagne every time a previously undefeated NFL team takes its first loss of the season.  The 2007 New England Patriots went 16-0 before losing in the Super Bowl so the Dolphins had to wait a long time for that refreshing relief.

Seriously though, do you think Cael celebrates a little bit inside when a previously unbeaten wrestler takes his first career loss?  Even if it's his own guy?  He's had several wrestlers finish with only 3 losses but no one has come closer to his unblemished 159-0 mark in NCAA D-1.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

you surely know that Mountain Dew is one of the most heavily caffeinated sodas out there...

As a PSU fan, I'm sure you know that Cael has said that Mountain Dew is his one vice, despite him being LDS.  Very disappointed that if you weren't aware of this info.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

39 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You think a guy who goes to Worlds and stays in the back room while his assistants man the corner really celebrates other's failures? I do not.

To be fair, head coaches not being at matside isn't completely unheard of in Worlds or NCAA.  It doesn't seem to be in Cael's makeup to celebrate other's failure, but I've only talked to him a couple times.  What do I know?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

To be fair, head coaches not being at matside isn't completely unheard of in Worlds or NCAA.  It doesn't seem to be in Cael's makeup to celebrate other's failure, but I've only talked to him a couple times.  What do I know?

Tom Ryan is known to watch NCAA finals matches involving his wrestlers from inside the tunnel.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Tom Ryan is known to watch NCAA finals matches involving his wrestlers from inside the tunnel.

Ryan is in the tunnel because it's a well-known fact that tOSU doesn't know how to get out when it matters most

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

7 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Members of the undefeated '72 Miami Dolphins reportedly pop a bottle of champagne every time a previously undefeated NFL team takes its first loss of the season.  The 2007 New England Patriots went 16-0 before losing in the Super Bowl so the Dolphins had to wait a long time for that refreshing relief.

Seriously though, do you think Cael celebrates a little bit inside when a previously unbeaten wrestler takes his first career loss?  Even if it's his own guy?  He's had several wrestlers finish with only 3 losses but no one has come closer to his unblemished 159-0 mark in NCAA D-1.

I actually watched that superbowl (Giants vs Patriots) at a hotel bar in Rio de Janeiro in the company of several members of the undefeated Dolphins team.  They were thrilled when the Giants won. 

• Fire 2

On 9/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

you surely know that Mountain Dew is one of the most heavily caffeinated sodas out there...

Funny thing is that "caffeine" is not part of the mormon Word of Wisdom. Hot Drinks - tea & coffee. Booze - though the "revelation" says barley drinks are OK - Joseph Smith drank beer.

MEAT - sparingly, only in times of Cold and Famine. Not many Mormons even believe this one.

Cael is doing a good job. Let hm have his Mountain Dew.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.