• Playwire Ad Area

Weigh ins at Worlds

AnklePicker

How do weigh ins work at the senior world championships?  Is it even possible that Micic actually made weight?  I got nothing but respect for the dude's accomplishment, but I can't figure out how you can be a head taller than a guy AND have bigger arms, legs and hips.  Doesn't add up.  

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

How do weigh ins work at the senior world championships?  Is it even possible that Micic actually made weight?  I got nothing but respect for the dude's accomplishment, but I can't figure out how you can be a head taller than a guy AND have bigger arms, legs and hips.  Doesn't add up.  

The other guy is well under 57 and doesn't cut at all?

His face didn't look like a guy who's cut weight either. Higuchi's bones were coming out his face. Uguev the same, and if anyone can make 57 and look decent it would be him as Uguev is a tiny, tiny human.

Micic is the naturally bigger person out of all these guys AND looked the healthiest and least drained. Again, to me he didn't look like a guy who had cut weight.

Then you look at Micic's instagram and you see posts from after Tokyo  about he's going to have to go up to 65kg and stuff and it becomes even more suspicious...

Genuinely on the fence about this. I think there is a decent chance UWW/Lalovic pulled some BS. There were complaints from wrestlers about their greco team not cutting last year. 

Keep the conspiracies coming. Lets see how he does in Paris.

19 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Very curious.  But how would it be possible to cheat the system? Aren't they all in the same room?  LJB?

Does anyone have any actual proof of this idea that Micic skipped the weigh-ins or are we into the full internet conspiracy stage? 

Have his competitors spoken out? Have coaches from other countries protested? Are we just going by "looks like..." innuendo? 

I find it hard to believe that a guy can skip weigh-ins for the World Championship and not have someone say something publicly. 

Edited by TylerDurden
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Does anyone have any actual proof of this idea that Micic skipped the weigh-ins or are we into the full internet conspiracy stage? 

Have his competitors spoken out? Have coaches from other countries protested? Are we just going by "looks like..." innuendo? 

I find it hard to believe that a guy can skip weigh-ins for the World Championship and not have someone say something publicly. 

Some tinfoil hat wearing turdbiscuit (not me) on here started a rumor of it.  That is the most I have seen of it, including various forums, twitters, etc.

This is the second person bringing it up that I have seen and I assume it is due to them just getting caught up on some of the threads we had going here.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

So nhs67, you know for a fact they were all in a room together at weigh ins?  Again my question is how do weigh ins work at sr worlds?  

I’ve watched a crap ton of wrestling and I’ve never seen size difference like that. If that makes me a tinfoil hat wearing turd biscuit like your other buddy then so be it. It was particularly obvious with Uguev. If the other competitors watched everyone weigh in it would def alleviate my concerns. I’m just not sure how in the hell he made it. 

11 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

For those interested , Bader asks Micic about a lot of this stuff on his most recent show.  Micic doesn't cover if he was there at weigh-ins, but he does address everything else.  Also says something to the effect of "if we were cheating, why would I get the draw that I had?"

Because you can’t cheat the draw?

12 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

There were allegations that perhaps Kazakhstan did indeed find a way to cheat the draw when Worlds were held in the city formerly known as Nur Sultan back in 2019.  They took 2nd place to Russia.  

That’s why *UWW introduced Ethereum blockchain draws in December 2019.

Edited by bnwtwg
  • Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

18 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Because you can’t cheat the draw?

Yeah because Micic had an all-time dream draw. It was totally better than the gauntlet Seabass had to overcome…

smh this is dumber than the Nelson Brands thread

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

8 hours ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

His face didn't look like a guy who's cut weight either. Higuchi's bones were coming out his face. Uguev the same, and if anyone can make 57 and look decent it would be him as Uguev is a tiny, tiny human.

Micic is the naturally bigger person out of all these guys AND looked the healthiest and least drained. Again, to me he didn't look like a guy who had cut weight.

Then you look at Micic's instagram and you see posts from after Tokyo  about he's going to have to go up to 65kg and stuff and it becomes even more suspicious...

Genuinely on the fence about this. I think there is a decent chance UWW/Lalovic pulled some BS. There were complaints from wrestlers about their greco team not cutting last year. 

Keep the conspiracies coming. Lets see how he does in Paris.

I forgot that Lalovic is Serbian. 

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

That’s why *UWW introduced Ethereum blockchain draws in December 2019.

They introduced the blockchain stuff mysteriously after there was a bug found in the randomizer device they were using. There were random numbers that were NEVER rendered even after 1000s of events.

If you check the draw numbers from 2018 and 2019 you will notice that the numbers 1, 4, 39, 53, 60, 66, 71, 79, and 85 are never drawn. Juniors in 2019 only had the #39 not drawn, but Cadet, Junior, and Senior worlds in those years had the other numbers not drawn.

• Fire 1