• Playwire Ad Area

New blood for the US at 97kg

Pa in Taiwan

50 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Lol okay nah I’ll take either Elam over a 97 Cass

I don't think he is a world bester at 97 KG.  I just think he could be the one looking at 97 KG.

That said, he beats both Elam at whatever weight.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think he is a world bester at 97 KG.  I just think he could be the one looking at 97 KG.

That said, he beats both Elam at whatever weight.

That’s some real depression weight loss if he gets down to 97. He won’t beat either Elam if he drops that low, especially Rocky in FS.

i am an idiot on the internet

On 9/21/2023 at 6:48 AM, Gus said:

Snyder is the man and seems to have 97kg locked down for the foreseeable future. Some USA guys that was had age level success are Rocky Elam (Jr Workd champ at 92kg) and Tanner Sloan (U20 and U23 silver). 

I have what's proven thus far to be an irrational believe in Trumble. But he's got that 6'4 frame, I don't know how he cuts to 197LB, but 97KG would likely be a great fit.

That said, we are writing Snyder off...RIDICULOUSY early. I absolutely think Snyder could come back with a VERY different game plan vs Tazhudinov. He came out, attacking, shooting and Taz just lit him up. I don't think that means Snyder couldn't come back, Wrestle a different match, wear him out, try and grind him down(you know, basically his style his whole career) and then be a little more deliberate with his finishes. 

Maybe he can't, but I'm not putting Tazhudinov in this untouchable category above Snyder and Sadulaev based on this years Worlds. He definitely blitzed Snyder who never really seemed to get into the match and Sadulaev was so clearly NOT healthy that match was basically meaningless. 

I hope more than anything, Snyder and Sadulaev get to Wrestle again 100% healthy as the initial reports I heard about Sad were scary.

What I'm pretty confident about, there's nobody coming along anytime soon who's going to be better than Snyder who I think you could argue is the greatest American ever. Not more accomplished, but he's bumped up again at least a top3  all time Wrestler in Sadulaev. 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I think he was in the 230s last season.  He seems to have become a worse heavyweight as his physical appearance has improved.

Tony Cass weighed in at 252 lbs. for the Big 10s as reported on track wrestling.  I doubt he ever got below the mid 240s last season.  That is still a lot less than he weighed in previous years.

• Fire 1

On 9/22/2023 at 11:20 AM, nhs67 said:

To do what Dake does and to be as lean as he is here is what we have...

Snyder is 71" tall.  Dake is 70" tall.

Snyder weighs 97KG (213.8lbs) when he weighs in.  Dake weighs 74 KG (163.1lbs) when he weighs in.

If we scale Dake up (70/74*97=91.7... let's call it 91...) we need to make him 7'7" tall.  Snyder needs to get some extensions.

I am guessing you are kidding on your height projections - Someone with Dake's build would be abour 6'4" to weigh in at 213.   If you want to scale up weight you need to cube the ratio of the heights to project mass. 

7 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I am guessing you are kidding on your height projections - Someone with Dake's build would be abour 6'4" to weigh in at 213.   If you want to scale up weight you need to cube the ratio of the heights to project mass. 

I was, yes.

This entire thread is a joke.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

I nominate THEosu for consideration.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I would go in to hiding, were I you.  Dr. @MPhillipshas connections and nearly limitless resources.

He will find you.

Just stay out of/off of CBUS.  Don't think he ventures far from there.

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Just stay out of/off of CBUS.  Don't think he ventures far from there.

I appreciate the warning and concern for my safety.  The ColumBUSTERS are an irrationally rabid bunch.  I flew into John Glenn airport last  year for Thanksgiving and The Game the following Saturday.  Yes, we all have skeletons in our closets and mine is a branch of the family tree that grows from Ohio.  The BUSTERS had banished the letter M from their own name by Xing it out on the airport signs.  I was welcomed to COLUXBUS.  I thought it very appropriate as the BUSTERS had taken down the statue of their namesake anyway.  

5 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

I appreciate the warning and concern for my safety.  The ColumBUSTERS are an irrationally rabid bunch.  I flew into John Glenn airport last  year for Thanksgiving and The Game the following Saturday.  Yes, we all have skeletons in our closets and mine is a branch of the family tree that grows from Ohio.  The BUSTERS had banished the letter M from their own name by Xing it out on the airport signs.  I was welcomed to COLUXBUS.  I thought it very appropriate as the BUSTERS had taken down the statue of their namesake anyway.  

I've flown into KOSU (Ohio State University Airport) a few times.  Just a warning to others, it doesn't work to plug TOSU into the Garmin and controllers will throw a fit if you request "direct TOSU."  Everything is messed up over there at the CBUS.  🤨

18 minutes ago, ionel said:

I've flown into KOSU (Ohio State University Airport) a few times.  Just a warning to others, it doesn't work to plug TOSU into the Garmin and controllers will throw a fit if you request "direct TOSU."  Everything is messed up over there at the CBUS.  🤨

Also (Bob only gave me 15 min 😞 ) one of the  STARs (standard terminal arrival route) is CBUSS TWO (RNAV).  You're gonna need that extra S.