• Playwire Ad Area

Spencer Lee & Caitlin Clark named Iowa Homecoming Grand Marshalls

Jimmy Cinnabon

The two Iowa "GOATS" from Spencer's talk show "GOAT Talk" will be the Grand Marshalls of Iowa's Homecoming Parade this year.  A bit ironic given that Caitlin Clark is the (alleged) reason that some of the 26 University Iowa athletes, including 6 wrestlers, are suspended part or all of this upcoming season...

Also ironic that both GOATs failed to win it all in their final and penultimate seasons (Spencer was famously pinned by Matt Ramos in the semifinals and the Iowa women's basketball team was trounced 102-85 by LSU in the finals).

image.thumb.png.c85bbe2e15c3f6f96374df7ec44ac4c8.png

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

The two Iowa "GOATS" from Spencer's talk show "GOAT Talk" will be the Grand Marshalls of Iowa's Homecoming Parade this year.  A bit ironic given that Caitlin Clark is the (alleged) reason that some of the 26 University Iowa athletes, including 6 wrestlers, are suspended part or all of this upcoming season...

Also ironic that both GOATs failed to win it all in their final and penultimate seasons (Spencer was famously pinned by Matt Ramos in the semifinals and the Iowa women's basketball team was trounced 102-85 by LSU in the finals).

Ok so:

Caitlin - GOAT of the Net

Spencer- GOAT of the Knees

🤷‍♀️

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Ah yes, thanks for clarifying for us that Spencer was penfelled at Nationals. No one ever thinks about that.

Never seen a bigger showboat than Clark.  At least Hokey Pokey Lee wasn't that.

And,  as the people in Marshalltown call it,  "Marltown."

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

13 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Where is the separated at birth thread?

Screenshot 2023-09-21 4.56.52 AM.png

17 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Thanks to Caitlin Clark, I watched the most NCAA Women's Basketball this past season than I have in my entire life. Great for the sport. Rooting for her. 

Watching women's basketball is never on my list of things to do.  It has been since Caitlin showed up in Iowa City.  She is so fun to watch.  Unlimited range and elite passing ability.  I've heard opposing fans call her a selfish player, but they quickly are forced to learn she also lead the nation in assists. Throwing dimes! Her passing is more impressive than her shooting, if that's even possible.

The fact that little Iowa even made it to the championship game last year is pretty amazing.  Nobody expected them to get past the giant lineup South Carolina had in the semifinals.  Impressive all around.

On 9/20/2023 at 5:30 PM, Ban Basketball said:

Never seen a bigger showboat than Clark.  At least Hokey Pokey Lee wasn't that.

And,  as the people in Marshalltown call it,  "Marltown."

You likely need to get out more, if that is the case.

Let me guess; This is because she's a woman, and you expect women to only behave in a certain fashion?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

11 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

You likely need to get out more, if that is the case.

Let me guess; This is because she's a woman, and you expect women to only behave in a certain fashion?

She's a showboat. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!