• Playwire Ad Area

Tulsa Travel Guide - 2023 NCAAs

Warm Up Champ

On 11/18/2022 at 2:46 PM, Spladle08 said:

Depending on how close your hotel is to the arena. It's littered with "walking distance" good times. Eats, drinks, etc. I mean it's a little big city so it's not far to anything your heart desires.
But also not really overwhelming with unique "fun".
If you're a history buff and into racial massacres or oil/gas based things you might go explore but as far as pubs and cigar bars and delicious eats. You'll be in a solid area.

Is this "The Spladle"?

That’s to keep your whining ass shut. You want off this ranch, you got it. I’ll drive your ass to the train station myself.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:17 AM, TobusRex said:

The Philbrook is pretty small. It won't take more than an hour to take it all in. I was disappointed when I finally made it there after all the talk I'd heard for years. There's some cool stuff, but not a whole lot of it. 

I could spend an hour just on the museum grounds. Gorgeous gardens.

• Fire 1

About 45 miles north of Tulsa is Winganon, Oklahoma.   This story will likely amuse you.  🙂

https://www.newson6.com/story/5e3656392f69d76f6206bc99/lost-cement-mixer-of-winganon-gets-spaceage-update

They even have a Facebook page devoted to this cultural phenomenon, which has even been the site of marriage proposals:

https://www.facebook.com/winganonspacecapsule

If you know any Planet of the Apes fans heading to the NCAAs in Tulsa, they might find that story to be particularly amusing.   It's now featured at this fan forum:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/potafriends 

capsule Winganon Oklahoma.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

capsule Winganon Oklahoma.jpg

Cool that someone made the best of it with imaginative labelling. I can appreciate that.

But until it is collected with other roadside garbage, it seems kind of limited to being creatively labelled trash in a wet ditch.

Maybe it's an Oklahoma thing that I'm missing.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

On 12/29/2022 at 2:25 AM, Husker_Du said:

Flights are getting ridiculous btw. 

With the lack of hotel rooms and prices of flights, I hope that Tulsa is permanently off the rotation. I'm flying into Tulsa and out of OKC and my flight is still more expensive than my flight to Sicily I just booked for May. Not to mention the lack of suite availability at The BOK.

• Fire 2

4 hours ago, 82bordeaux said:

With the lack of hotel rooms and prices of flights, I hope that Tulsa is permanently off the rotation. I'm flying into Tulsa and out of OKC and my flight is still more expensive than my flight to Sicily I just booked for May. Not to mention the lack of suite availability at The BOK.

Tulsa =“joke town “for the event

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

I was in Oklahoma for a HS tournament this weekend and everyone said NCAA's is gonna be .... not good. 

limited ... everything. including size of the venue. 

Its gonna be terrible, when are you mailing the tickets?  🙂

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Awe ok. Looking dor tickets.  But I'll probably have to wait until teams put out there tickets.  Per usual

Once everyone finds out how terrible Tulsa is you're gonna be able to buy tics for ten cent on the dollar.  Additionally when folks realize that BOC ain't the largest arena for holding NCAA (its certainly not a football stadium) and that their seats are closer to the mat than expected, they'll probably just throw their tickets away.  Just plan to be hanging out when that happens.  😉

25 minutes ago, ionel said:

Once everyone finds out how terrible Tulsa is you're gonna be able to buy tics for ten cent on the dollar.  Additionally when folks realize that BOC ain't the largest arena for holding NCAA (its certainly not a football stadium) and that their seats are closer to the mat than expected, they'll probably just throw their tickets away.  Just plan to be hanging out when that happens.  😉

I hope so. Was told this about Detroit but the arena itself was top notch

• 2 weeks later...