• Playwire Ad Area

Getting a loaf of bread at Luis Vuitton.

Threadkilla

29 minutes ago, jross said:

Will you explain how it exists like we are five?  

I'm not going down a huge rabbit hole, but I'll do the thefts of 950 and below is not a crime trope. It comes from California prop 47 which was passed ten years ago .  That makes thefts 950 and below a misdemeanor rather than a felony.  It doesn't make it legal.  Also,  the liberal DAs in California can't prosecute them as felonies, because it is a state law.   The people of California voted  for it, so that is democracy in action.

...and then Husker_"Zero substance"_Du chimes in with the usual silliness.

Pointed out the lack of a rebuttal, even though the rebuttal was actually produced 2 hours prior.

Shhhhh... let's keep a safe distance away and watch this creature in its natural habitat. Amazing really.

Best not to disturb it, it can get quite angry very quickly. And is perilously unpredictable.

Doesn't have a lethal bite but is equipped with very sharp teeth. Wouldn't want to accidentally trip over this one.

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

zero substance. 

articulate something or just don't post anything at all.

very clear you have no rebuttal. 

11 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

...and then Husker_"Zero substance"_Du chimes in with the usual silliness.

Pointed out the lack of a rebuttal, even though the rebuttal was actually produced 2 hours prior.

Shhhhh... let's keep a safe distance away and watch this creature in its natural habitat. Amazing really.

Best not to disturb it, it can get quite angry very quickly. And is perilously unpredictable.

Doesn't have a lethal bite but is equipped with very sharp teeth. Wouldn't want to accidentally trip over this one.

Might I suggest a room:

Screenshot_20230825-213224_Chrome.jpg.d5c5f9620ea13f60a50a02b284cc1189.jpg

🙂

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, ionel said:

Might I suggest a room:

Screenshot_20230825-213224_Chrome.jpg.d5c5f9620ea13f60a50a02b284cc1189.jpg

🙂

Ahhhh... yes. That creepy area does appear to be particularly conducive to this species.

Kootenai County, Idaho it would appear. No grills or smokers available - just ovens. Good eye, ionel. Well done.

If anyone comes across this area, stay well clear. It is far more dangerous than it appears.

If you have an AR rifle, you might want to bring it. No doubt vermin lurk here.

again, no substance. just a waste of space.

at no point in time did you offer what it is about the en vogue progressive crime policies that are helpful.

i've said multiple times that i don't mind disagreements. but you add nothing to the conversation. you're like a child. schtick is tiresome. 

• Fire 1

TBD

21 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

again, no substance. just a waste of space.

at no point in time did you offer what it is about the en vogue progressive crime policies that are helpful.

i've said multiple times that i don't mind disagreements. but you add nothing to the conversation. you're like a child. schtick is tiresome. 

There... there it is! A sighting of the rare Husker_"Zero substance"_Du in the Idaho Bates Motel!

"En vogue" - yes, it is using its natural camouflage. Hiding behind words it doesn't understand in hopes you don't either. Clever. Don't underestimate this one. Follow the smell of oven-baked meat. Bring your varmint rifle just in case. The Motel does seem infested.

Strange that this creature tries to portray itself as intelligent and others that disagree with it as children. Not smart, but cult-leader type sneaky.

OIP.rf7JNPaSC4RDoWJWzdpFOgHaFn?pid=ImgDe

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

zero substance. 

articulate something or just don't post anything at all.

very clear you have no rebuttal. 

Are you trolling?  If so, not bad.

Dude, you need to get a filter.  Most of the stuff that comes in your social media feed is wrong and purposefully so.  Don't just blindly believe it, fact check it.  Especially when it sounds unbelievable.

all i'm asking for is a rebuttal. i've asked you and GWN several times.

all you keep repeating is that you disagree, that i'm wrong, and (GWN's) inanities. 

one more time - what do you like about them? what does it solve/help? do you think it results in a greater quality of life for the people in those communities? 

TBD

People shouldn't be locked up for possession level drug offences or shoplifting some arbitrary amount, say 950 dollars.   That helps society.   I'll freely grant you there is cynical abuse of both of these tenets.  However, the underlying issues being addressed are extremely complex and can't be laughably dismissed without thinking about them. Cities absorb the mentally ill and homeless from everywhere, small towns included.  Literally no one knows how to solve those problems   Those people congregate and concentrate into the images and videos you see and post with no regard as to how you would address their issues or exactly where in the hell you think they should be existing 

Ok. Great. finally something to discuss.

Not prosecuting people is what leads to flash mobs stealing racks of stuff. The result will be (and has been) shuttered stores, probably less jobs, and inconvenience and quality of life for those in that area. 

i mean obviously you shouldn't go to the big house for stealing milk. but there are videos like this every day. there was literally a situation where people who worked at Court House in SF were told to work remotely b/c the area was too dangerous to walk to.

i'm not pretending to have all the answers, and i'm certainly not saying to put the screws to low grade offenses. But what's happening is far beyond that. every day there's a story about someone being attacked by a person that was arrested dozens of times. which obviously means they didn't prosecute and/or let them out early and/or they were out on no cash bail.

could you imagine if your loved one was assaulted by a dude who had a lengthy rap sheet and was let out early or not prosecuted?

imo, it's a dereliction of duty by the state/municipality. that should never happen. and yet it does. daily. b/c of some half crocked virtue signaling plan that clearly (to most sentient beings) makes no sense. 

TBD

How it is here:

A few years ago a guy escaped from jail and went on the rampage near here.  He invaded an elderly couple’s home, killed them, stole their car and drove across the state line where he invaded another elderly couple’s home.  The fugitive forced the couple into their car and instructed the retired doctor to drive to a spot where he could steal another car.  Unbeknownst to the fugitive, the doctor had secreted an old dilapidated pistol.  When they got out of the car the doctor shot the fugitive two or three times.  There he died.  The doctor stated that he wasn’t sure the pistol would still function.  Our County DA presented the doctor with a new pistol.  

• Fire 3

On 8/26/2023 at 10:54 AM, Husker_Du said:

Quite the war and peace here.   Lots of anecdotes from lots of places, but the actual evidence shows that you are once again outraged at something that doesn't exist in the way you think it does     The GDP and unemployment rate of Chicago are fine.  In fact Chicago land is 20-25 % more productive than the paradise you apparently think is Miami.

15 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Though Chicago is down the list of crime infested cities, the reason it is brought up so often is for the extreme gun laws it has.  As if self defense is criminal and gang warfare is ignored.  

Chicagoans and every other citizen would greatly benefit from federal extreme gun laws.