• Playwire Ad Area

Big Commit for ASU

SunDevil

On 8/22/2023 at 9:51 AM, SunDevil said:

The Minnow also said a NJ stud will be committing out west soon. So still waiting on that.  

50 minutes ago, TexRef said:

He found out they don't have Tasty Cake out in Arizona, changed his mind. 

Or Pork Roll or good pizza

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

How are you defining "free year" here?  Are you just referring to the year on the clock for the "4 in 5" rule?  He did not get a "free year" of competition, which was 2020-2021, he wasn't at PSU until 2021-2022.     And even that I don't think he needed because I don't believe an ORS counts as a year on the clock and he of course never took a regular redshirt.

A free year is a year in which they are allowed to develop while not eating up any of their eligibility clock.

Greyshirt, Oly-shirt, deferred enrollment, etc.  Those all count as free years when you look at the grand scope of things in regards to development.  They were given a free year of it without eating up eligibility.

I am okay with gents getting a 6th year if they had some sort of serious injury that would have prevented them from competing when it mattered most.  I would have even been okay with Spencer being given an injury redshirt the year he tore his ACL in the B1G finals, despite him winning NCAAs.  Those make sense to me.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

A free year is a year in which they are allowed to develop while not eating up any of their eligibility clock.

Greyshirt, Oly-shirt, deferred enrollment, etc.  Those all count as free years when you look at the grand scope of things in regards to development.  They were given a free year of it without eating up eligibility.

I am okay with gents getting a 6th year if they had some sort of serious injury that would have prevented them from competing when it mattered most.  I would have even been okay with Spencer being given an injury redshirt the year he tore his ACL in the B1G finals, despite him winning NCAAs.  Those make sense to me.

I’m not sure I agree with calling those “free years,” but OK.  But like I said, Dean didn’t even need the “free year” in 2020-2021 in order to still have 2 more years of eligibility after that.

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I’m not sure I agree with calling those “free years,” but OK.  But like I said, Dean didn’t even need the “free year” in 2020-2021 in order to still have 2 more years of eligibility after that.

Semantics at this point.  Of which we are allowed to disagree.

3 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

https://www.eater.com/2015/3/10/8155543/pizzeria-bianco-best-pizza-america

Consistently rated as one of the best pizzerias in the country. 

They have one in LA that people have raved about.  I haven't eaten dairy in more than eight years but would like to see how their crust tastes.  Pizza crust consistency makes it for me

On 8/25/2023 at 10:52 AM, SunDevil said:

Great get for the Sun Devils. At a weight that has struggled for some time. Also have a nice HWT commit already for class of 2025. 

I agree... they will have a bit of a lull but they have invested well in their heavier weights. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Kaleb Larkin is getting glowing reviews from the staff. Which makes a lot of sense considering he beat Cardenas twice at JR Trials. 
Kinda wonder if we see Jacori at 165. It's something they're considering. 

Was he gray shirting last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/23/2023 at 11:49 PM, flyingcement said:

They have one in LA that people have raved about.  I haven't eaten dairy in more than eight years but would like to see how their crust tastes.  Pizza crust consistency makes it for me

I feel for you. At any point in time I am up to 70% dairy

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 8/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, SunDevil said:

Hopefully they can lineup a serious team title run before Figs Teemer and Schultz graduate. 

I don't see anyone touching Penn State for a long time. But, I definitely think they should be able to make a run at a top 3 if things fall into place and young kids develop quickly. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

57 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Rumblings of Teemer going to 165. Maybe Larkin comes in and wrestles right away at 157? 

Those rumblings have been going on for like three years.  From me.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Those rumblings have been going on for like three years.  From me.

Maybe he has enough time with the injury rehab to add on the weight. Not that Deakin was your normal 157, but he showed why Teemer wasn’t ready to move up a couple years ago 

5 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Maybe he has enough time with the injury rehab to add on the weight. Not that Deakin was your normal 157, but he showed why Teemer wasn’t ready to move up a couple years ago 

Deakin made large 165lbers look small.  Bad example.

• Fire 3