• Playwire Ad Area

Big Commit for ASU

SunDevil

12 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

Too bad they can't move somebody up to resolve the logjam at 133/141. One of those 3 is going to sit. 

Chlebove has been wrestling very good the past 18 months.  However, I think 133 is Yas’ spot. I think he goes down. 

Edited by SunDevil
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Chlebove has been wrestling very good the past 18 months.  However, I think 133 is Yas’ spot. I think he goes down. 

Chlebove looked good at U23 world team.... I think it's going  to be Chlebove at 133 

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

14 hours ago, Idaho said:

Cardenas to ASU. If true that’s  the quickest portal entry and announcement of a new team in history 

14 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Exhibit 1: Real Woods to Iowa.

12:00 PM - US Pacific enters portal

10:00 AM - US Central commits to Iowa

Eierman announced he was going to Iowa a day before he was officially in the portal 

13 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

He's not a grad student.

He is transferring as a grad student after this coming year....

8 hours ago, SunDevil said:

I guess Zeke still plans on having a giant hole at 197 in 2025. Announcing transferring 12 months in advance, before the current season even begins. Ridiculous. Don’t like these circumstances. 

I agree .... weird situation for Cornell and a weird situation for ASU. Since he can't officially commit yet I can see this being open season with a bidding war. Should just put himself on Ebay to the highest bidder. 

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Did Cardenas actually “commit” to ASU somewhere?

I don't know if he can actually "commit" if he's still wrestling at Cornell... I posted a screen shot earlier in the thread of minnow's two posts...one saying he will be a good addition to ASU... I also said "If true..." 

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I don't know if he can actually "commit" if he's still wrestling at Cornell... I posted a screen shot earlier in the thread of minnow's two posts...one saying he will be a good addition to ASU... I also said "If true..." 

Yes I see Minnow also said “he’s already heading somewhere else” when someone asked about Iowa too, so he can’t do the “just asking questions” bit.

But seems odd to enter the portal now if he’s wrestling at Cornell this year and already knows where he’s going next year.  Only reason to do that would be to entertain other offers IMO.

• Fire 2

In any situation it looks as if the 2021 free covid year will be the year he is utilizing (which correct me if I am correct, the Ivies did not recognize...?  Weird times those were).

That said, FYI the site put a red squiggly lines under Covid above as well as that one, too... so now it isn't a word.

Anyways... interesting that is what he is going to be able to utilize.  I like it.  I know Arujau has already said he won't be doing that.  Fernandez and Loew might be in the same boat, as it were.

Since he is a grad transfer what is actually stopping him from going now?  He already has his degree from Cornell, correct?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, 1032004 said:

Yes I see Minnow also said “he’s already heading somewhere else” when someone asked about Iowa too, so he can’t do the “just asking questions” bit.

But seems odd to enter the portal now if he’s wrestling at Cornell this year and already knows where he’s going next year.  Only reason to do that would be to entertain other offers IMO.

I bet Michigan would pay a pretty penny to get him for the next two seasons...

Just now, nhs67 said:

I bet Michigan would pay a pretty penny to get him for the next two seasons...

Unless he puts  "do not contact" on his transfer, this becomes a bidding war. If Cardenas is smart, which he should be since he's at Cornell, he would not do that. This could be fun. 

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

In any situation it looks as if the 2021 free covid year will be the year he is utilizing (which correct me if I am correct, the Ivies did not recognize...?  Weird times those were).

That said, FYI the site put a red squiggly lines under Covid above as well as that one, too... so now it isn't a word.

Anyways... interesting that is what he is going to be able to utilize.  I like it.  I know Arujau has already said he won't be doing that.  Fernandez and Loew might be in the same boat, as it were.

Since he is a grad transfer what is actually stopping him from going now?  He already has his degree from Cornell, correct?

If he already has his degree, he can not wrestle at Cornell.  I’m guessing he will graduate this spring.

It’s not really using the “free year” since he didn’t get to use it in the first place, but yes, as @BigRedFan noted (with comments on some of the other guys too), he likely stayed in school in 2020-2021 despite not being allowed to compete.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I’m not seeing the “big addition for the Sun Devils” post on fb, may have been deleted 

I think you are correct.... it was there this morning but after scrolling to down to South America, I don't see it anymore. Maybe he received some messages about announcing that....or maybe Minnow lurks among us. 

25 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

The Minnow also said a NJ stud will be committing out west soon. So still waiting on that.  

To be clear, Brain said it.  Minnow is just using that information.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He's a senior who has not graduated.  He has one year of Ivy eligibility left, which he's taking this year at Cornell. Same for Fernandes (note spelling) and Foca.  Loew is sitting out this semester so as to not graduate until after wrestling season (assuming he is planning on wrestling this year at all).

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, BigRedFan said:

He's a senior who has not graduated.  He has one year of Ivy eligibility left, which he's taking this year at Cornell. Same for Fernandes (note spelling) and Foca.  Loew is sitting out this semester so as to not graduate until after wrestling season (assuming he is planning on wrestling this year at all).

My mistake.

Do you see either of the latter two also going for an additional year post-Cornell?  There were rumors circulating on Fernandes during the season this last year.

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

My mistake.

Do you see either of the latter two also going for an additional year post-Cornell?  There were rumors circulating on Fernandes during the season this last year.

I have no inside information.  They've all been out of high school a long, long time.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

None of the Cornell (or other Ivy) wrestlers are going to "get a free Covid year" - To get the extra year to participate you actually had to wrestle in the 2021 season.  That is the year that would not count against your eligibility.  As no Ivy wrestlers competed that year they will not be getting a 5th year of competition anywhere.

6 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

None of the Cornell (or other Ivy) wrestlers are going to "get a free Covid year" - To get the extra year to participate you actually had to wrestle in the 2021 season.  That is the year that would not count against your eligibility.  As no Ivy wrestlers competed that year they will not be getting a 5th year of competition anywhere.

Um... Dean got a free year.

I wonder how that could be possible.  It is as if there is or was some sort of loophole?

50 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Um... Dean got a free year.

I wonder how that could be possible.  It is as if there is or was some sort of loophole?

It was possible because you are wrong.  Dean didn't get a "free" year.

1.  HS senior
  2.  greyshirt
  3.  Cornell freshman
  4.  Cornell sophomore
  5.  Olympic RS (not enrolled)
  6.  COVID (not enrolled)
  7.  PSU junior
  8.  PSU senior

55 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

It was possible because you are wrong.  Dean didn't get a "free" year.

1.  HS senior
  2.  greyshirt
  3.  Cornell freshman
  4.  Cornell sophomore
  5.  Olympic RS (not enrolled)
  6.  COVID (not enrolled)
  7.  PSU junior
  8.  PSU senior

You legitimately just explained how I was correct.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You legitimately just explained how I was correct.

Thank you.

How are you defining "free year" here?  Are you just referring to the year on the clock for the "4 in 5" rule?  He did not get a "free year" of competition, which was 2020-2021, he wasn't at PSU until 2021-2022.     And even that I don't think he needed because I don't believe an ORS counts as a year on the clock and he of course never took a regular redshirt.

Edited by 1032004