• Playwire Ad Area

2023 Collegiate Duals in Nashville

flyingcement

3 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

@nhs67Why the 'WTF' emoji on a post about a match you probably watched? Unless that was an emoji about the said match? In that case. Agreed...

I also agree.  It makes me mad.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

40% of the starting lineup sat during the marquee match-up of the night (possibly the event) and this is your response? 

Quoting Vito from Txitter:

We put our heart and soul into this sport. I would give anything to be able to wrestle every match that I can, sadly injuries come up and the unforeseen happen, knowing when you are hurt is not weak, it is smart, and we are not scared. This I promise

And Yianni, who has never made an excuse that I know of (after winning his fourth NCAA title, he criticized his own performance, you might recall):

Guys get hurt, I understand people were very upset about the match, and this might be hard to believe, but these guys all had injuries

Everyone is entitled to feel however they want, but I know that Mike Grey has the guys’ best interests & health in mind and there aren’t many people who know the full story

But you do you.

Edited by BigRedFan

4 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Here's Vito's response from Txitter:

Quoting Vito from Txitter:

Vito's explanation is plausible, considering it's been known that he sustained an injury earlier in the year. That leaves 3 wrestlers that sat out and that's the part that makes my head hurt. Maybe it is possible that all 3 of them got knicked up/exacerbated something between duals 2&3. Just seems like an unusual coincidence

14 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Vito's explanation is plausible, considering it's been known that he sustained an injury earlier in the year. That leaves 3 wrestlers that sat out and that's the part that makes my head hurt. Maybe it is possible that all 3 of them got knicked up/exacerbated something between duals 2&3. Just seems like an unusual coincidence

Did you watch the Cornell vs. Pitt match?  Did you watch Ramirez at 165?  Did you see him hurt his ankle towards the end?  What else didn't you see or don't you know?