• Playwire Ad Area

Sidakov loss

Spladle08

I don't know why it's nails on a chalkboard to me, but he loses up a weight by criteria at a meaningless event (for the most part )

And I saw it as "Big News" twice in 15 minutes and now I'm bothered

2-2 at 79kg to Savadkouhi in Iran Premier League finals .

Use this result for literally nothing when it comes to your predictions moving forward.

#HugeNews

Savadkouhi is decent, was seconds away from beating Burroughs at Yasar Dogu. Granted it was a terrible match and nothing happened. I think he lost over a caution due to singlet pull or not engaging in the last few seconds. He would likely do about the same as Nokhodi if he were to be sent to senior worlds (silver or bronze). 

I wouldn't put too much into it. A lot of Iranian wrestlers have beat superior Russians in the league over the years going back to Gatsalov losing in it and Olympic champ Tedeev losing to Hassan Yazdani's coach who never made a world team, lol. Gedeuv lost in it too the year after his olympic silver. Has to be tough for Sidakov, though. Back to back to back world/olympic champ and now he has nothing to train for. All these top Russian guys need to switch country quick if possible because I don't see Russia being allowed back in for 2024. 

• Fire 2

Savadkouhi is decent, was seconds away from beating Burroughs at Yasar Dogu. Granted it was a terrible match and nothing happened. I think he lost over a caution due to singlet pull or not engaging in the last few seconds. He would likely do about the same as Nokhodi if he were to be sent to senior worlds (silver or bronze). 
I wouldn't put too much into it. A lot of Iranian wrestlers have beat superior Russians in the league over the years going back to Gatsalov losing in it and Olympic champ Tedeev losing to Hassan Yazdani's coach who never made a world team, lol. Gedeuv lost in it too the year after his olympic silver. Has to be tough for Sidakov, though. Back to back to back world/olympic champ and now he has nothing to train for. All these top Russian guys need to switch country quick if possible because I don't see Russia being allowed back in for 2024. 
I was wondering about 2024!!!!! You don't think it'll be over by then? II figured they'd miss one more worlds but some sort of resolution would be made prior to the Olympics.

33 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:
36 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

I was wondering about 2024!!!!! You don't think it'll be over by then? II figured they'd miss one more worlds but some sort of resolution would be made prior to the Olympics.

Not an expert on warfare or IOC politics by any means but I think Russia will have to miss out on at least 1 Olympics over this. But I think the fact that a lot of Russia's #1s haven't competed for Russia at an official international tournament in over a year will help them switch. Isn't the rule you have to wait 2 years since the last time you represented your previous country at an official UWW event? A guy like Sidakov has to be close to the 2 year mark at this point

• Fire 1

Uguev and Sidakov are both the nominal number 1s at their weight, but lets not mythologize what their standing was before. Uguev barely won at the Olympics and Sidakov was not that young when he won the Olympic gold. 

If they had competed at the big tournaments since Tokyo, both of them could have picked up losses imo. Especially Uguev, there was not much seperation between him and the field. 

Not an expert on warfare or IOC politics by any means but I think Russia will have to miss out on at least 1 Olympics over this. But I think the fact that a lot of Russia's #1s haven't competed for Russia at an official international tournament in over a year will help them switch. Isn't the rule you have to wait 2 years since the last time you represented your previous country at an official UWW event? A guy like Sidakov has to be close to the 2 year mark at this point
I thought it was 1 full year removed but I bet you're right and I just learned something...

Thanks for the education!!!!!!

Putting together warfare and IOC politics was pretty funny.   If anyone knows this for sure about 2 years, that would be very interesting.  An interesting point about Sidakov not wrestling for Russia for almost 2 years.   That would be very interesting if they all went to another country or countries. 

mspart

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

Putting together warfare and IOC politics was pretty funny.   If anyone knows this for sure about 2 years, that would be very interesting.  An interesting point about Sidakov not wrestling for Russia for almost 2 years.   That would be very interesting if they all went to another country or countries. 

mspart

They'd have to weight whether it's worth potentially giving up on a cushy job in politics or some admin role in the national wrestling federation. Not all of them get it, but the most successful ones traditionally do land these types of jobs after they retire from competing. 

• Fire 1