• Playwire Ad Area

This is great

What the current Russian government & military is doing is rotten and disgusting - no better than dogs.

No Russians should be allowed to compete in any sporting events that are affiliated with peace, understanding, and good will.

Participation in these events needs to be earned. The disgusting behavior of the Russian authorities disqualifies them. They've earned nothing.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
  • Fire 2

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Losers get sent to a trench in Ukraine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you are Sidakov.  You get to lose then wrestle for the spot still.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

What the current Russian government & military is doing is rotten and disgusting - no better than dogs.

No Russians should be allowed to compete in any sporting events that are affiliated with peace, understanding, and good will.

Participation in these events needs to be earned. The disgusting behavior of the Russian authorities disqualifies them. They've earned nothing.

If they are sponsored/part of the Russian military, I agree with you. If they are not, the athletes should not be punished, particularly in a venue promoting peace and goodwill. The vast majority of Russian are not in favor of how their government operates. 

16 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

If they are sponsored/part of the Russian military, I agree with you. If they are not, the athletes should not be punished, particularly in a venue promoting peace and goodwill. The vast majority of Russian are not in favor of how their government operates. 

"vast majority of Russian are not in favor". I've seen absolutely nothing concrete to back that claim. Nothing.

It has been reported that Russians had been vacationing in Crimea during the war with Ukraine, and only relatively recently warned to return to Russia. That kind of thing sticks a thumb in the eye of the "vast majority" fairy tale.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the Russian military and the Russian government are inextricably bound together. It is not possible to discuss one without including the other. The Russian government and the Russian people are bound together in the same way.

Russian athlete participation isn't a right - it is a privilege.

There is no "punishment" here - that is the wrong word. That would assume they had earned the privilege in the first place, and it is being taken away. On the contrary, the only thing Russia has earned with their wrongheaded unfounded war is to lose their privilege. The only punishment happening is what Russia is applying to Ukraine and the rest of the world, and it needs to stop.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"vast majority of Russian are not in favor". I've seen absolutely nothing concrete to back that claim. Nothing.

It has been reported that Russians had been vacationing in Crimea during the war with Ukraine, and only relatively recently warned to return to Russia. That kind of thing sticks a thumb in the eye of the "vast majority" fairy talE

I’ve spent time there. I’ve spent time with the people. I’m still friends with many.   If you want to think media stories coming out of Russia is full real story, and the Russian people are full behind their Government…… well that is your right, and privilege.  I won’t argue with you. 

3 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I’ve spent time there. I’ve spent time with the people. I’m still friends with many.   If you want to think media stories coming out of Russia is full real story, and the Russian people are full behind their Government…… well that is your right, and privilege.  I won’t argue with you. 

"think media stories coming out of Russia is full real story, and the Russian people are full behind their Government"

I neither said nor believe either of those things.

What I have said, and I do believe is that Russia has lost its privilege to participate in any world level events that symbolize peace, understanding, and good will. By their own hand, what they've earned in Ukraine is a revocation of that privilege.

It isn't a positive situation in any way, it is a terrible one. But what are the civilized countries of the world to do when a modern-day pseudo-Nazi regime like Russia decides to attack, destroy, and steal from its neighboring country - while threatening to do the same from other countries in the region? Russia is no better than a disgusting rabid dog.

35 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

"think media stories coming out of Russia is full real story, and the Russian people are full behind their Government"

I neither said nor believe either of those things.

What I have said, and I do believe is that Russia has lost its privilege to participate in any world level events that symbolize peace, understanding, and good will. By their own hand, what they've earned in Ukraine is a revocation of that privilege.

It isn't a positive situation in any way, it is a terrible one. But what are the civilized countries of the world to do when a modern-day pseudo-Nazi regime like Russia decides to attack, destroy, and steal from its neighboring country - while threatening to do the same from other countries in the region? Russia is no better than a disgusting rabid dog.

You said the Russian people and government are inextricably bound together, and tried to use “reports” as basis for your argument. 

Further, what civilized countries have done is a plan that will allow those athletes, who have nothing to do with what is going on, the ability to pursue their dreams (you know, that who love life and the pursuit of happiness stuff). While those who either support or receive support from the aggressors will not be able to. The Russian Federation will not participate in the world events. Innocent athletes from the country will. 

Would you want your individual earned right to compete for a world title taken away because of something Trump and his cronies did….?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

You said the Russian people and government are inextricably bound together, and tried to use “reports” as basis for your argument. 

Further, what civilized countries have done is a plan that will allow those athletes, who have nothing to do with what is going on, the ability to pursue their dreams (you know, that who love life and the pursuit of happiness stuff). While those who either support or receive support from the aggressors will not be able to. The Russian Federation will not participate in the world events. Innocent athletes from the country will. 

Would you want your individual earned right to compete for a world title taken away because of something Trump and his cronies did….?

• I did not. Not at all. Those were separate topics. The Russian people and government are inextricably bound, that is true. 
  • The report I posted was in regard to your claim that the "vast majority" of Russians are not in favor ... a claim that hasn't proven to be factual.
  • Two separate topics - one was not the basis for the other. 
  • WrestlingRasta - You missed what I posted completely. Perhaps you should read through the posts again, carefully.

• I trust in no such plan.
  • Concepts of "innocence or guilt" don't apply. No athletes are "innocent" or "guilty" - none are being punished. That is misdirection/nonsense.
  • Just as athletes from Nazi Germany were banned from competition, so should Russian athletes today. Russia is no better than a Nazi state.

• I would feel no desire to compete for my country if it were committing war crimes and atrocities as Russia is doing today. There would be no glory to win.
Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

• I did not. Not at all. Those were separate topics. The Russian people and government are inextricably bound, that is true. 
  • The report I posted was in regard to your claim that the "vast majority" of Russians are not in favor ... a claim that hasn't proven to be factual.
  • WrestlingRasta - You missed what I posted completely. Perhaps you should read through the posts again, carefully.

• Concepts of "innocence or guilt" don't apply. No athletes are "innocent" or "guilty" - none are being punished. That is misdirection/nonsense.
  • Just as athletes from Nazi Germany were banned from competition, so should Russian athletes today. Russia is no better than a Nazi state.

• I would feel no desire to compete for my country if it were committing war crimes and atrocities as Russia is doing today. There would be no glory to win.

Sorry you feel that way.

Back to the topic at hand, these are the line-ups.  Not for nothing, whenever wrestling athletes from Russia are competing, its a hell of a show:

Team Sadulaev 57kg: Rakhat Kalzhan (Kaz) 61kg: Abasgadzhi Magomedov 65kg: Dzhambulat Kizinov 70kg: Inalbek Sheriev 79kg: Bolat Sakaev (Kaz) 86kg: Magomed Ramazanov 92kg: Gadzhi Radzhabov (Blr) 125kg: Abdulla Kurbanov

Team Sidakov 57kg: Artem Gobaev 61kg: Danil Kharchilava 65kg: Islam Guseynov (Blr) 70kg: Sanzhar Doszhanov (Kaz) 79kg: Gadzhimurad Alikhmaev 86kg: Arslan Bagaev 92kg: Askhab Saadulaev 125kg: Yusup Batyrmursaev (Kaz)

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

How do you know the Russian wrestlers, “have nothing to do with what’s going on?”  Seems many Russian wrestlers are entrenched in their government often going from athlete to politician once retired. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

How do you know the Russian wrestlers, “have nothing to do with what’s going on?”  Seems many Russian wrestlers are entrenched in their government often going from athlete to politician once retired. 

I think you need to read all of the comments for full context.  I didn't say the russian wrestlers have nothing to do with it.  I said they have established a process to determine which athletes are sponsored by or otherwise connected with their military, and those athletes would not be eligible.  And I stated I am in agreement with that because those athletes that are not should not be damaged.

4 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Very well said. Thank you

59 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I think you need to read all of the comments for full context.  I didn't say the russian wrestlers have nothing to do with it.  I said they have established a process to determine which athletes are sponsored by or otherwise connected with their military, and those athletes would not be eligible.  And I stated I am in agreement with that because those athletes that are not should not be damaged.

Ahh my bad. But even if they aren’t in the military that doesn’t mean they have nothing to do with it or don’t support it.  Maybe you should have to denounce the war before being allowed to participate.  

30 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Ahh my bad. But even if they aren’t in the military that doesn’t mean they have nothing to do with it or don’t support it.  Maybe you should have to denounce the war before being allowed to participate.  

I think part of the process, and it’s been awhile since I read it, is to ‘investigate’ their social media, writings, etc. If there’s any documentation of any support for the war they are ineligible. Something like that. Again it’s been awhile since I read it, and quite possibly has been altered. But the process was along those lines.