• Playwire Ad Area

Is anyone on this forum a violent extremist ? Have you ever met a violent extremist personally? You are aloud to take the 5th.

Paul158

21 hours ago, ionel said:

Ban is too extreme to believe that reasonable people could agree to common sense principles.  Thus it must be a lie. 

Yeah, that makes sense, ion.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

14 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Baloney.  Then why do you criticize educators.  Takes a real badbutt to pick on people who devote their lives to bettering others.

Please explain where I picked on educators. I think you might be mistaken. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Please explain where I picked on educators. I think you might be mistaken. 

You're opposed to the DOJ investigating authoritarian terrorists threatening school boards, right?  

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

You're opposed to the DOJ investigating authoritarian terrorists threatening school boards, right?  

I believe that is a local issue. Exactly what we did in our school system. People voiced their opinions ,there was vigorous discussion. When there was a problem it was handled locally. We have security in our schools and we have local police, If needed we had the County Sheriff or State Police.If we need the FBI we have their phone number. Absolutely no need for any federal involvement. So I want you to prove that I'm against teachers or educators or Board Members.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I believe that is a local issue. Exactly what we did in our school system. People voiced their opinions ,there was vigorous discussion. When there was a problem it was handled locally. We have security in our schools and we have local police, If needed we had the County Sheriff or State Police.If we need the FBI we have their phone number. Absolutely no need for any federal involvement. So I want you to prove that I'm against teachers or educators or Board Members.

A lot of things are local issues, but with how widespread this was, it was likely necessary for one large, coordinated law enforcement agency to look into it.

As I always remind fans of Deuce, if you did nothing wrong, you shouldn't have to worry about the big FBI meanies investigating you.

24 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

As I always remind fans of Deuce, if you did nothing wrong, you shouldn't have to worry about the big FBI meanies investigating you.

The concept of probable cause and the need for search warrants are EXACTLY opposed to your sentiment here.  "If you did nothing wrong you should not mind the police pulling you over randomly just to ensure your papers are in order".  "If you did nothing wrong you should not have to worry about the STAZI taking a look through all of your household belongings and effects every other week".  NO NO NO a thousand times NO.  Granting the temporary powers of investigation to a body is very dangerous and can be abused (has been abused without fail) even without wrongdoing by citizens.  

Even if I have nothing to hide, Mr. FBI, you may not look to satisfy your own curiosity.  This is a basic tenet of freedom and the rights inherent in humans based solely on our status as humans.

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

The concept of probably cause and the need for search warrants are EXACTLY opposed to your sentiment here.  "If you did nothing wrong you should not mind the police pulling you over randomly just to ensure your papers are in order".  "If you did nothing wrong you should not have to worry about the STAZI taking a look through all of your household belongings and papers and effects every other week".  NO NO NO a thousand times NO.  Granting the temporary powers of investigation to a body is very dangerous and can be abused (has been abused without fail) even without wrongdoing by citizens.  

Even if I have nothing to hide, Mr. FBI, you may not look to satisfy your own curiosity.  This is a basic tenet of freedom and the rights inherent in humans based solely on our status as humans.

Not the same comparison, so I'll just make it simple.

If I go to a school board meeting and act like a civilized human being, I won't mind if the big bad FBI meanies ask me some questions as to what my involvement may have been.  It's called an investigation for a reason.  However, if I go to a school board meeting, fueled with rage from some irresponsible authoritarian on AM radio and I subsequently begin threatening people, yep, I'm going to be investigated and rightfully so.

I have no worries with big bad FBI meanies coming for me because I commit no such offenses.  Boo-yah!

Edited by Ban Basketball

9 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Just have to shake my head...wow

By the way...still waiting to hear how teachers were "attacked" in this thread...

I know that I never claimed in this thread that  teachers were being attacked.  The DOJ is investigating authoritarian terrorists who are threatening school board members, volunteers who try to make their communities better places.

However, as long as you asked, here are some instances noted, due to COVID guidelines.   https://www.nea.org/nea-today/all-news-articles/who-behind-attacks-educators-and-public-schools

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Its obvious who is extreme on this thread.  

HAS to be me.  Why, I'm the only one who finds authoritarian terrorism directed at volunteers trying to help and improve their communities to be deplorable actions.

Fantasy is reality, and reality is fantasy.  Thanks for confirming it AGAIN, atom.

20 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I know that I never claimed in this thread that  teachers were being attacked.  The DOJ is investigating authoritarian terrorists who are threatening school board members, volunteers who try to make their communities better places.

However, as long as you asked, here are some instances noted, due to COVID guidelines.   https://www.nea.org/nea-today/all-news-articles/who-behind-attacks-educators-and-public-schools

You can't be serious...start at the top of the page and read down Ban

And your link...Yikes...there are all kinds of things wrong with that article

3 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I never said teachers were being physically attacked.  I said that school board members were.  Hence, the DOJ is investigating it.

However, I NOW will say that teachers are being attacked, after reading the article that I linked for you and the subsequent links to teacher and principal attacks that were documented. 

The article is wrong?!  Really?  These attacks are NOT happening?  If not, then why is the DOJ looking into it?  You sure hate educators who try to make our communities better, don't you?

Edited by Ban Basketball

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Thanks for proof reading it for me. Can you give one thing in particular that was wrong . thanks.

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Thanks for proof reading it for me. Can you give one thing in particular that was wrong . thanks.

There is nothing.  The article simply documents incidents that have happened.

Fantasy is reality, and reality is fantasy.

5 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

And you've worked in education for how many years, boy?  After 28 years of doing it myself I have drawn one conclusion, to which you have perfectly demonstrated:  those who claim to know the most about education and how it works actually know the least about education and how it works.

You nor I have ZERO idea what a teacher is doing in his/her classroom on the daily.

i could send you a new video every day. but believe what you want. 

TBD

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Its obvious who is extreme on this thread.  

is it? 

i think school policies that mandate talking to children about sexuality and not informing parents of their own kids' sexual/medical/psychological conditions is extreme.

i also can't imagine how i'd react if it happened to my child. 

it's telling what you find extreme, i guess. 

• Fire 1

TBD

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

is it? 

i think school policies that mandate talking to children about sexuality and not informing parents of their own kids' sexual/medical/psychological conditions is extreme.

But isn't that one of the extreme things Ban is in favor of?

17 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

is it? 

Its not you. Your good.

4 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Fantasy is reality, and reality is fantasy.

This ^.    This describes the world we live in now.   Right is wrong, and wrong is right.   Gun laws are good but are not imposed on criminals using guns.   I could go on and on.   It isn't so bad that someone (not blind) will say they see only darkness on a cloudless day at noon.  But we inch closer as we accept the mutilation and chemical castration of kids too young to make that decision for themselves, and school districts are complicit as are cities, states, and the national leaders.   Have you ever wondered why the school nurse can't give your kid an aspirin or Tylenol or anything similar but can facilitate abortions and sex change procedures called gender affirming care without the knowledge of the parents?   That is the situation now in many parts of the nation, certainly here in WA.  13 year olds are medically emancipated from their parents.  5 years ago this would have been called abuse of the grossest kind.   But now it is celebrated as life affirming.   We don't let these people vote, drive cars, buy guns, buy alcohol, but by golly they can make decisions that affect their lives for the rest of their lives with no idea of the consequences because their brains are not yet developed to make those kinds of decisions.   And we know that from science.   Something is wrong with that and everyone knows it.   Yet many hide behind this as if it is a good thing.   It is madness.   Wrong is now right and right is now wrong.   It is quite apparent. 

mspart 

• Fire 3

10 minutes ago, mspart said:

This ^.    This describes the world we live in now.   Right is wrong, and wrong is right.   Gun laws are good but are not imposed on criminals using guns.   I could go on and on.   It isn't so bad that someone (not blind) will say they see only darkness on a cloudless day at noon.  But we inch closer as we accept the mutilation and chemical castration of kids too young to make that decision for themselves, and school districts are complicit as are cities, states, and the national leaders.   Have you ever wondered why the school nurse can't give your kid an aspirin or Tylenol or anything similar but can facilitate abortions and sex change procedures called gender affirming care without the knowledge of the parents?   That is the situation now in many parts of the nation, certainly here in WA.  13 year olds are medically emancipated from their parents.  5 years ago this would have been called abuse of the grossest kind.   But now it is celebrated as life affirming.   We don't let these people vote, drive cars, buy guns, buy alcohol, but by golly they can make decisions that affect their lives for the rest of their lives with no idea of the consequences because their brains are not yet developed to make those kinds of decisions.   And we know that from science.   Something is wrong with that and everyone knows it.   Yet many hide behind this as if it is a good thing.   It is madness.   Wrong is now right and right is now wrong.   It is quite apparent. 

mspart 

Its a very sad state of mind. I wonder how many people will move away from the states that are so liberal minded. Just call it a day and move on.

26 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart 

Yes and compare this to the Chittum thread. 13 years should be able to do what ever they want but we've got a 21 year old just now making it to college.  He should've already won three Olympic golds in women's gymnastics by now.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i could send you a new video every day. but believe what you want. 

Please do. Post one on here EVERY DAY of what you are claiming.  

I anxiously await.

4 hours ago, ionel said:

But isn't that one of the extreme things Ban is in favor of?

Other than never, where and when did I write that on here?