• Playwire Ad Area

Hot seat: NCAA wrestlers gambling | Cool throne: NCAA wrestling gambling??

bnwtwg

• bnwtwg changed the title to Hot seat: NCAA wrestlers gambling | Cool throne: NCAA wrestling gambling??

Fox will likely follow suit soon. Will be interesting as Fox hosts B1G Network.

ACC Network is hosted by ESPN.

Big 12 is co-hosted by ESPN and Fox so that may get very interesting very quickly from a legal battle perspective over gambling rights.

MAC is hosted by HudlTV so there could be a gambling partnership there over the next few years as well as other networks follow ESPN’s lead.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Fox will likely follow suit soon. Will be interesting as Fox hosts B1G Network.

ACC Network is hosted by ESPN.

Big 12 is co-hosted by ESPN and Fox so that may get very interesting very quickly from a legal battle perspective over gambling rights.

MAC is hosted by HudlTV so there could be a gambling partnership there over the next few years as well as other networks follow ESPN’s lead.

Fox already tried with Fox Bet. They have just announced a few days ago that they are shutting it down.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

funny how the barstool guy got his company back.  

I'm guessing from Penn's standpoint, they get more benefits from regulators due to connections through lobbyists when working with Disney than they would with Barstool.  

I have seen at least one person close to me with a bright future lose control of their life due to gambling addiction.  As gambling has becoming a lot easier to do with a click of your button on your phone, and has become more accepted by regulators, I'm thinking we will see some kind of severe social impacts as a result.  Ten years later, congress will pass a law that makes it more strict on advertising for gambling, and then taxing gambling revenuves.  they'll find themselves in a similar position as alcohol and tobacco I would imagine.  

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

funny how the barstool guy got his company back.  

I'm guessing from Penn's standpoint, they get more benefits from regulators due to connections through lobbyists when working with Disney than they would with Barstool.  

I have seen at least one person close to me with a bright future lose control of their life due to gambling addiction.  As gambling has becoming a lot easier to do with a click of your button on your phone, and has become more accepted by regulators, I'm thinking we will see some kind of severe social impacts as a result.  Ten years later, congress will pass a law that makes it more strict on advertising for gambling, and then taxing gambling revenuves.  they'll find themselves in a similar position as alcohol and tobacco I would imagine.  

It looks like Barstool was causing Penn some regulatory hassles. For example, one of my favorite personalities is Barstool Big Cat. He comes on the local ESPN radio station regularly and is highly entertaining. Apparently, he is one of the main Barstool sports betting experts and his tongue-in-cheek named "Can't Lose Parlay" got them investigated by regulators in Massachusetts. But, I think PENN was mostly happy to be rid of Portnoy and all his controversy.

Interestingly, it is PENN that is paying ESPN in this new partnership.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge