• Playwire Ad Area

Science, AntiScience, and Censorship

Husker_Du

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Ban is back. I like the sound of it.

Thanks.  I appreciate it,  but don't think I'll be as high flying as I was twenty years ago. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

Actually, you trust research for the very reasons contained in the article.

If the peer review process doesn't catch it, something or someone else will.  Just happened to Stanford's President as well.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

If the peer review process doesn't catch it, something or someone else will.  Just happened to Stanford's President as well.

Yeah, it happens a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Yeah, it happens a lot. 

A lot?  I've been involved with science in varying capacities for about thirty years now.  By a lot, can you document something for me, preferably by percentages,  that I may not be aware of?  If so, I could find it very useful in my work.

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

A lot?  I've been involved with science in varying capacities for about thirty years now.  By a lot, can you document something for me, preferably by percentages,  that I may not be aware of?  If so, I could find it very useful in my work.

Thanks in advance!

You’re welcome, in advance. 

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

You’re welcome, in advance. 

I'll be around for a bit yet, but in the afternoon and evening I won't be able to check in, so I'll hope to read a report in the interim.  Thanks!

Just now, Offthemat said:

Be sure and let us know when you get back. 

It'll be later in the evening, but I'll be in no shape to read, much less write. 🍺

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

the problem is, in many cases the damage is done before it is found....

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That is when we will be most interested in your writing.

Sorry to disappoint!  Not one of my "strong suits."

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

the problem is, in many cases the damage is done before it is found....

In the rare instances where it happens, that can be the case.  Often times, studies are done with little fanfare or utility.

Edited by Ban Basketball

5 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

the real agenda, people forget that others might get power

Like it or lump it, the data perfectly backs up what she is saying, the context in which she's speaking.  No other groups even compare statistically.

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

But haven't we said taking those actions is wrong, no matter the race?  Now it is ok?

mspart

Yes its ok now. Racism ok. Profiling is ok.  I just saw where Joe Biden signed an executive order to that effect.

13 minutes ago, mspart said:

But haven't we said taking those actions is wrong, no matter the race?  Now it is ok?

mspart

We should be profiling, monitoring and creating policies to fight against the radicalization of politicians in Washington DC. There I fixed it. Data actually shows this.