• Playwire Ad Area

Lets try something different. Who on this forum in their wrestling careers have fallen short of their badge rankings, met their badge rankings or exceeded their rankings.

Paul158

Started wrestling in the 10th grade. I was  16 when i started my senior year. I wrestled in Ohio. Missed going to state by one match. Placed 4th in my district .Only 4 qualified.  The 3 that went to state finished 1st,3rd and 5th. Went on to college .Qualified for Nationals twice . A few years later at the AAU Nationals in the open division wrestled NCAA champion Keith Stearns in the finals and lost 4 to 2 in overtime. Toughest guy I ever wrestled was Joe Tice in the finals of the Las  Vegas CKLV tournament.

• Fire 2

18 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

I won 4 state titles in highschool. Career record of 180-0. Teched and pinned every opponent.

Then I woke up....

For a minute there I thought you were Luke Fickel . I believe he only won 3 titles though.. My nephew did go 1st,1st,2nd, 1st in div 1  in Ohio. He wrestled for Walsh Jesuit.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

I won 4 state titles in highschool. Career record of 180-0. Teched and pinned every opponent.

Then I woke up....

That was a long nap and bet you were exhausted after.  😉

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Walsh went division 2 in 1997 . My nephew and all the Walsh wrestlers were very upset by the decision. From 1991 to 1996  they won 5 state championships in Div. !. Back then you usually were crowned national champions if won the State championship. In 1995 Walsh had 8 finalists and 5champions scoring 203 points. It was a great rivalry between the 2 teams.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:41 AM, Paul158 said:

Walsh went division 2 in 1997 . My nephew and all the Walsh wrestlers were very upset by the decision. From 1991 to 1996  they won 5 state championships in Div. !. Back then you usually were crowned national champions if won the State championship. In 1995 Walsh had 8 finalists and 5champions scoring 203 points. It was a great rivalry between the 2 teams.

that same year we lost to Walsh in a dual 27-27 (criteria-bouts won (i think)) after leading 24-9. two weeks later lost to them at Ironman. two weeks later at Reno we were 1st, Ed's 2nd, Walsh 4th. (i forget who was 3rd). 

Rudis did an absolutely tremendous doc on that Walsh era.

TBD

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

that same year we lost to Walsh in a dual 27-27 (criteria-bouts won (i think)) after leading 24-9. two weeks later lost to them at Ironman. two weeks later at Reno we were 1st, Ed's 2nd, Walsh 4th. (i forget who was 3rd). 

Rudis did an absolutely tremendous doc on that Walsh era.

Which school did you wrestle for.