• Playwire Ad Area

Will Devon Archer ( Burisma)live long enough to testify before congress concerning Joe and Hunter Biden? July 31.

Paul158

18 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I think the same zeal would be prudent. But it will never happen and we all know why. I was hoping you would reply. You are very knowledgeable. Do you understand the use offshore bank accounts and the use of shell companies? Thanks for your help. 

The why is because they have not uncovered any evidence that Joe or Hunter Biden were involved in an attempt to overthrow an election because they were unhappy with the results and were either on the presenting end of lies about those results, or receiving end of those lies, that has led to a lot of death, injury, and destruction of lives.

There has been evidence uncovered that being Bidens has been good for finances, and Hunter at least is slippery with his taxes and a recovering drug addict.

Edited by WrestlingRasta

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Offshore accounts are used as a tax arbitrage. Most of finance is about gaining favorable tax treatment. If you can do a transaction in a jurisdiction with low taxes it is better than doing it in a jurisdiction with high taxes. Sometimes that happens domestically, for example a lot of people move to Florida, or at least move there part-time to lower their taxes.

As with all things there are legal ways to do this and illegal ways to do this. If you claim to live in Florida more than half the year and thereby receive a tax benefit, but do not actually live in Florida the minimum required time, that is illegal. I am not sure how often that is noticed or prosecuted.

Corporations use offshore accounts all the time. Coca Cola, McDonalds, and many other US corporations, rarely repatriate profits earned overseas in order to avoid paying US taxes on top of local taxes. There have been many attempts over the years to force repatriation, though I am not sure of the current status.

Hedge funds are often incorporated in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda or Ireland because those jurisdictions recruit them by offering low, or no, tax regimes. It is why FTX and its associated trading firms were all located in Bermuda.

As for why you and I do not use offshore bank accounts and shell companies, we are nowhere rich enough. To set these up requires lawyers, accountants, banks, and others. And everyone gets paid. So it only makes sense if you have a lot of money with a large potential tax benefit. The existence of offshore accounts could hint at illegal activity, or it could just be good estate and tax planning.

Thank you. Very helpful. Thanks again

• Stalling 1

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Is it true Hunter failed to pay (evaded) taxes?  Is it true Joe is on record saying rich folk should pay (fair share) their taxes?  

Just trying to find statements we can agree are true.  

Yes on first question ( 2 million dollars). Yes on the second question (Joe has said this a 1 million times) . I thought your question was for someone else. 

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

34 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Yes on first question ( 2 million dollars). Yes on the second question (Joe has said this a 1 million times) . I thought your question was for someone else. 

It was for everyone.

Now that confirmed those 2: is it true Joe is proud of Hunter?

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

It was for everyone.

Now that confirmed those 2: is it true Joe is proud of Hunter?

He says he is proud of Hunter. He also says Hunter is the smartest person he knows. I would also say Joe might  be  disappointed in a lot of Hunter's decisions he has made.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4148990-attorney-general-appoints-hunter-biden-special-counsel/

Yes, a special counsel has been appointed and it is David Weiss.   Same guy who has been investigating.   Are the R's in Congress providing the impetus to do this?   They have certainly shed unwanted light on Hunter and Joe.   I think the timing is very interesting and comes as a result of the Congressional inquiry and the plea deal that has disintegrated that would have been a special treatment for Hunter.  

So what special powers will David Weiss have now that he is a "special counsel"?   I am asking an honest question here.   I don't know what is different is for David Weiss.  

mspart

9 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4148990-attorney-general-appoints-hunter-biden-special-counsel/

Yes, a special counsel has been appointed and it is David Weiss.   Same guy who has been investigating.   Are the R's in Congress providing the impetus to do this?   They have certainly shed unwanted light on Hunter and Joe.   I think the timing is very interesting and comes as a result of the Congressional inquiry and the plea deal that has disintegrated that would have been a special treatment for Hunter.  

So what special powers will David Weiss have now that he is a "special counsel"?   I am asking an honest question here.   I don't know what is different is for David Weiss.  

mspart

Now he has the power to draw this out until after the election. He also has the power to give him an even better sweat heart deal. Zero confidence in Weiss.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Don’t know precisely the difference just that it gives him broader scope/access, allows him to investigate and bring charges in any jurisdiction he sees fit. Which if I’m not mistaken jurisdiction has been one of the sticking points in investigation as to why he hasn’t been charged previously. 

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Should be noted that Weiss is a Trump appointee. 

But….hey….RvD!! RvD!!  RvD!!    

Regardless if he is from Mars and supports the Milky Way .Hunter  was 2 minutes away from getting the deal of the Century. That was Weiss's deal. 

Reading up on it more, it provides for more transparency in its conclusions. He must file a report after investigation, obviously one way would be supporting indictment…or the other way explaining why not. There’s provisions relating reports to Congress as well. 

Also of note, as has been widely misreported by the Senate committee, Weiss has not previously asked to be special counsel, until now. He did not previously ask and be denied. He made the determination to request now because of the fall out of the plea deal. 

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Regardless if he is from Mars and supports the Milky Way .Hunter  was 2 minutes away from getting the deal of the Century. That was Weiss's deal. 

Well, in case you missed it, part of the reason the plea deal fell apart beyond repair was because the charge he was pleading guilty was just deemed unconstitutional in the last couple of days, by a three judge appellate court in a completely separate case. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

13 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Don’t know precisely the difference just that it gives him broader scope/access, allows him to investigate and bring charges in any jurisdiction he sees fit. Which if I’m not mistaken jurisdiction has been one of the sticking points in investigation as to why he hasn’t been charged previously. 

I don't think you are mistaken, that was a R talking point about Weiss not being in control of the investigation to where it lead him.   So he can now do that presumably. 

mspart

53 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

AG just appointed a special counsel on Hunter 

Coup!  Witch hunt!  Election interference!  Fishing expedition! Weaponized DOJ!  Free speech violation!

Anything else stupid that I've missed?

• Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

47 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

He says he is proud of Hunter. He also says Hunter is the smartest person he knows. I would also say Joe might  be  disappointed in a lot of Hunter's decisions he has made.

Is it safe to infer that Joe is proud that Hunter was smart enough to evade millions in taxes?

How many of us if had a child who was bringing in 5, 10, 15, 20 ... million dollars would not notice?  Was the Fisker not a clue?

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Is it safe to infer that Joe is proud that Hunter was smart enough to evade millions in taxes?

How many of us if had a child who was bringing in 5, 10, 15, 20 ... million dollars would not notice?  Was the Fisker not a clue?

its called the Seargent Schutz defense. I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing.

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/08/09/how-donald-trumps-indictment-could-backfire-on-joe-biden/

Interesting take by Jonathan Turley.  He is saying that the same accusations against Trump, could be levied against Biden.   Trump is being indicted for knowingly saying false things about the election, to put it simply.   The same could be used against Biden for knowingly saying false things about his knowledge and participation in his son's business dealings. 

Again, I don't think Biden will run for President again.   Only Ds and very few I's will  vote for him if this narrative keeps growing which it has been doing over the past 6 months plus.    R's and most I's won't vote for him I don't think.   And any  presidential candidate will need to attract the I's.   I'm guessing fair minded I's will not want to be voting for Biden because of:

a)  He's very old

b)  He is not very sharp and has physically regressed

c)  It appears he is part of an influence peddling scheme that most fair minded Americans find abhorrent.

mspart

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/08/09/how-donald-trumps-indictment-could-backfire-on-joe-biden/

Interesting take by Jonathan Turley.  He is saying that the same accusations against Trump, could be levied against Biden.   Trump is being indicted for knowingly saying false things about the election, to put it simply.   The same could be used against Biden for knowingly saying false things about his knowledge and participation in his son's business dealings. 

Again, I don't think Biden will run for President again.   Only Ds and very few I's will  vote for him if this narrative keeps growing which it has been doing over the past 6 months plus.    R's and most I's won't vote for him I don't think.   And any  presidential candidate will need to attract the I's.   I'm guessing fair minded I's will not want to be voting for Biden because of:

a)  He's very old

c)  It appears he is part of an influence peddling scheme that most fair minded Americans find abhorrent.

mspart

LOL.  Just completely outside of reality, man.  It's going to be Biden vs. Trump unless one of them dies.  And, once again, most Is are going to choose Biden over Trump.

I do love your characterization of "fair-minded" which seems to be "people that agree with you".

Also, the people who feel he "appears to be part of an influence peddling scheme" are Republicans.  Nobody else cares about this stuff.

11 minutes ago, mspart said:

a)  He's very old

mspart

If he is still breathing they will try to get him across the finish line.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

LOL.  Just completely outside of reality, man.  It's going to be Biden vs. Trump unless one of them dies.  And, once again, most Is are going to choose Biden over Trump.

I do love your characterization of "fair-minded" which seems to be "people that agree with you".

Also, the people who feel he "appears to be part of an influence peddling scheme" are Republicans.  Nobody else cares about this stuff.

If you are a Democrat and watch CNN, MSNBC,NPR you probably have never heard of it. They only report the facts,

Comer now making the rounds saying that the assignment of a Trump appointed special counsel onto Hunter is the DOJ's effort to cover it all up.   You can't make this shit up.  And people actually take these folks seriously.

And with that, I'm off for the weekend.  Have a great one fellas.

• Fire 1