• Playwire Ad Area

Will Devon Archer ( Burisma)live long enough to testify before congress concerning Joe and Hunter Biden? July 31.

Paul158

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ok where is the untrue statement?  The reporter is saying an associate is "claiming" thus why the question.  Is there no testimony?  Does Hunter have no business partners?  Was there actually no claim?  Is there no such thing as a "speakerphone" or just Hunter doesn't own one?

I dont think any believe that Joe is quick & sharp enough to pick out an "untruth" in that amount of time, its his canned practiced response.  

“There’s this testimony now where one of your son’s former business associates is claiming that you were on speakerphone a lot with them talking business. Is that what…”

I wasn't addressing Biden's claim, just answering Art's question about how it is possible.

As for canned practice responses, he is a politician after all. Trump's go to was Fake News any time someone asked him an uncomfortable question. And if you watch a presidential debate it is exceedingly rare for any candidate of any party to answer any question. All "answers" are just redirections to talking points. 

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ok where is the untrue statement?  The reporter is saying an associate is "claiming" thus why the question.  Is there no testimony?  Does Hunter have no business partners?  Was there actually no claim?  Is there no such thing as a "speakerphone" or just Hunter doesn't own one?

I dont think any believe that Joe is quick & sharp enough to pick out an "untruth" in that amount of time, its his canned practiced response.  

“There’s this testimony now where one of your son’s former business associates is claiming that you were on speakerphone a lot with them talking business. Is that what…”

The associate didn't say that Joe Biden talked business for one.  Like, very explicitly said he did not talk business.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I wasn't addressing Biden's claim, just answering Art's question about how it is possible.

As for canned practice responses, he is a politician after all. Trump's go to was Fake News any time someone asked him an uncomfortable question. And if you watch a presidential debate it is exceedingly rare for any candidate of any party to answer any question. All "answers" are just redirections to talking points. 

Don't sell Trump short he also has his go to name calling.  If he didn't like you I'm sure he'd come up with something like ... Mr. Knownothing.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The associate didn't say that Joe Biden talked business for one.  Like, very explicitly said he did not talk business.

This is a fine and good point.  And an example of kindve the polar opposite of the politician where the journalist/reporter trys to slip something in there to catch/trip up the politician.  

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

But isn't that how you do it?

"Let's not do something crass like talk business with my father, The Vice President, on the phone. You know because my father, The Vice President of the United States, is just on the phone because he really loves me, The Son of The Vice President of the United States who he will probably have dinner with later, but always talks to all the time because of the father / son thing we have between us. And by us I mean me, The Beloved Son of The Vice President of The United States, and him, The Vice President of The United States, who, funny trivia bit here, they often describe as being one heart beat away from being The President of The United States. But enough about or close, loving, caring, did I mention close, relationship, a relationship that includes me being able to get the second most powerful, by some accounts, man in the world to drop whatever matters of vital interest to our country he was working on, to say hello to you, my potential future business partner who I definitely do not want to discuss business with at this very moment. Have I made my self clear?"

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But isn't that how you do it?

"Let's not do something crass like talk business with my father, The Vice President, on the phone. You know because my father, The Vice President of the United States, is just on the phone because he really loves me, The Son of The Vice President of the United States who he will probably have dinner with later, but always talks to all the time because of the father / son thing we have between us. And by us I mean me, The Beloved Son of The Vice President of The United States, and him, The Vice President of The United States, who, funny trivia bit here, they often describe as being one heart beat away from being The President of The United States. But enough about or close, loving, caring, did I mention close, relationship, a relationship that includes me being able to get the second most powerful, by some accounts, man in the world to drop whatever matters of vital interest to our country he was working on, to say hello to you, my potential future business partner who I definitely do not want to discuss business with at this very moment. Have I made my self clear?"

I have no doubt that Hunter has been actively trading on his father's name.  It's an American failson tradition.  HBO just finished showing one of the greatest shows of all time on the topic.

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I have no doubt that Hunter has been actively trading on his father's name.  It's an American failson tradition.  HBO just finished showing one of the greatest shows of all time on the topic.

And the money found its way into Joe’s pockets. 

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

And that Joe knows what Hunter is doing and has talked to him about business.  Find another father in America who has a relationship but doesn't converse with his kids about their business/jobs.  

1 minute ago, ionel said:

And that Joe knows what Hunter is doing and has talked to him about business.  Find another father in America who has a relationship but doesn't converse with his kids about their business/jobs.  

You're making assumptions and treating them as facts. Also talk to a father with an addiction for a son.

Crafty ,smart Criminals through the years have been very difficult to catch and very difficult to prosecute. I believe if the DOJ and the FBI would go after Joe Biden, his brother and Hunter Biden with the same zeal that they went have Jan. 6th protestors we could easily get all the information needed to arrest and prosecute them. But they will never happen and we all know why.

7 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Crafty ,smart Criminals through the years have been very difficult to catch and very difficult to prosecute. I believe if the DOJ and the FBI would go after Joe Biden, his brother and Hunter Biden with the same zeal that they went have Jan. 6th protestors we could easily get all the information needed to arrest and prosecute them. But they will never happen and we all know why.

Is it true Hunter failed to pay (evaded) taxes?  Is it true Joe is on record saying rich folk should pay (fair share) their taxes?  

Just trying to find statements we can agree are true.  

• Fire 1

I just don't get it.  Through all of this we are literally at the point where the biggest thing they can show any kind of real proof of is that the Biden family made money on the Biden family name.   Which.......is pretty much as American as apple pie amongst our American politicians, like it or not.    

It's all a game, not at all serious.   Again, if they were at all serious they would at least take a tiny little peek into Kushner.  It's all MAGA trying to protect and keep focus away Trump and his cases.   In the meantime costing Republicans, therefore real conservative policy, elections.  I hope they wisen up in the next couple months, but not holding my breath.

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I just don't get it.  Through all of this we are literally at the point where the biggest thing they can show any kind of real proof of is that the Biden family made money on the Biden family name.   Which.......is pretty much as American as apple pie amongst our American politicians, like it or not.    

It's all a game, not at all serious.   Again, if they were at all serious they would at least take a tiny little peek into Kushner.  It's all MAGA trying to protect and keep focus away Trump and his cases.   In the meantime costing Republicans, therefore real conservative policy, elections.  I hope they wisen up in the next couple months, but not holding my breath.

Thats a great response and was expected. The next question is if what they were doing was legal and on the up and up why do they have offshore bank accounts and are using shell companies? Why aren't they depositing the money in their regular bank accounts like you and I would do.? Why aren't they declaring the money on their tax returns like you and I would do? You are very knowledgeable. I was going to ask the questions about Offshore accounts and shell companies anyways.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Thats a great response and was expected. The next question is if what they were doing  was legal and on the up and up why do they have offshore bank accounts and are using shell company's? Why aren't they depositing the money in there regular bank accounts like you and I would do.? Why aren't they declaring the money on their tax returns like you and I do? You are very knowledgeable. I was going to ask the questions about Offshore accounts and shell companies anyways.

I have no knowledge, understanding, experience, applicable or otherwise, of international business and International banking.   Which is probably why I am so reliant on the actual evidence and proof presented as it relates to forming my opinion on this 'investigation'.

Edited by WrestlingRasta

36 minutes ago, ionel said:

Is it true Hunter failed to pay (evaded) taxes?  Is it true Joe is on record saying rich folk should pay (fair share) their taxes?  

Just trying to find statements we can agree are true.  

The bigger question is what did he get the money for in the first place? What was he doing or selling?

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

7 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I have no knowledge, understanding, experience, applicable or otherwise, of international business and International banking.   Which is probably why I am so reliant on the actual evidence and proof presented as it relates to forming my opinion on this 'investigation'.

I hoping someone on here does have the experience and knowledge.  

50 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

That is in no way equivalent. 

A closer equivalent would be:

Trump hotel in DC sold to Miami investment group - The Washington Post

Selling access through selling hotel rooms. And then selling the hotel once you are no longer president.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That is in no way equivalent. 

A closer equivalent would be:

Trump hotel in DC sold to Miami investment group - The Washington Post

Selling access through selling hotel rooms. And then selling the hotel once you are no longer president.

I think the same zeal would be prudent. But it will never happen and we all know why. I was hoping you would reply. You are very knowledgeable. Do you understand the use offshore bank accounts and the use of shell companies? Thanks for your help. 

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I think the same zeal would be prudent. But it will never happen and we all know why. I was hoping you would reply. You are very knowledgeable. Do you understand the use offshore bank accounts and the use of shell companies? Thanks for your help. 

Offshore accounts are used as a tax arbitrage. Most of finance is about gaining favorable tax treatment. If you can do a transaction in a jurisdiction with low taxes it is better than doing it in a jurisdiction with high taxes. Sometimes that happens domestically, for example a lot of people move to Florida, or at least move there part-time to lower their taxes.

As with all things there are legal ways to do this and illegal ways to do this. If you claim to live in Florida more than half the year and thereby receive a tax benefit, but do not actually live in Florida the minimum required time, that is illegal. I am not sure how often that is noticed or prosecuted.

Corporations use offshore accounts all the time. Coca Cola, McDonalds, and many other US corporations, rarely repatriate profits earned overseas in order to avoid paying US taxes on top of local taxes. There have been many attempts over the years to force repatriation, though I am not sure of the current status.

Hedge funds are often incorporated in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda or Ireland because those jurisdictions recruit them by offering low, or no, tax regimes. It is why FTX and its associated trading firms were all located in Bermuda.

As for why you and I do not use offshore bank accounts and shell companies, we are nowhere rich enough. To set these up requires lawyers, accountants, banks, and others. And everyone gets paid. So it only makes sense if you have a lot of money with a large potential tax benefit. The existence of offshore accounts could hint at illegal activity, or it could just be good estate and tax planning.