• Playwire Ad Area

Will Devon Archer ( Burisma)live long enough to testify before congress concerning Joe and Hunter Biden? July 31.

Paul158

C'mon bro. there's plenty of smoke.

Joe is on vid saying he wouldn't release money to Ukraine unless they fired someone holding him up. which, of course, is totally illegal.

Hunter is also on record talking with his sister about how "Dad takes half their profits".

if they want to, they'll find direct evidence. of course....that's if they want to.  

TBD

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

C'mon bro. there's plenty of smoke.

Joe is on vid saying he wouldn't release money to Ukraine unless they fired someone holding him up. which, of course, is totally illegal.

Hunter is also on record talking with his sister about how "Dad takes half their profits".

if they want to, they'll find direct evidence. of course....that's if they want to.  

Regarding the Ukrainian prosecutor, that's been widely debunked and also, making aid contingent is not illegal in any way; the vast majority of the aid we offer is contingent.  The guy in question, Viktor Shokin, was widely seen as corrupt throughout Ukraine.

As to things Hunter says, you can't have him be both an unreliable ***duck duck goose** up criminal AND the fulcrum of the case.  It's also not direct evidence, you would need bank records actually showing the things you're claiming (or something equivalent).

I'm not saying Biden never benefitted or took improper benefits.  You would never lose money if you bet on politicians partaking in corrupt behavior.  I'm saying there's no sort of convincing evidence thusfar presented.  If something comes out in the future, which it very well might, I'll review it.  Meanwhile the Republicans keep putting on these hearings, blowing all kinds of smoke about the evidence they're going to have, and so far it's all nothingburgers.  Again, I will not be surprised in the least if something comes out at some point:  I think of politicians and corruption the same way I do of high-level athletes and PEDs.  I would guess the vast, vast, vast majority partake.

The most bothersome part about all this is that in 2017 Republicans controlled both floors and the White House. And then the ‘own the libs’ platform went into hyperdrive. In the process they managed to lose all three. Yeah got the house back, as was expected based on electoral history, but not nearly by the margin expected. We all remember the ‘red wave coming’. 

As long as republicans are obsessed with ‘owning the libs’, national policy is going to move further left of center, republicans are going to lose more elections.  

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

As long as republicans are obsessed with ‘owning the libs’, national policy is going to move further left of center, republicans are going to lose more elections.  

I don’t think that’s it at all, with Republicans winning future elections. The GOP’s reluctance to drive early voting and ballot harvesting in 2018, 2020 and 2022, cost them greatly, so they already committed to doing so in 2024. If they get to the Hispanic population before the democrats, it will be a red tsunami, and we will be seeing a call to limit early voting soon thereafter.

1 minute ago, DJT said:

I don’t think that’s it at all, with Republicans winning future elections. The GOP’s reluctance to drive early voting and ballot harvesting in 2018, 2020 and 2022, cost them greatly, so they already committed to doing so in 2024. If they get to the Hispanic population before the democrats, it will be a red tsunami, and we will be seeing a call to limit early voting soon thereafter.

Agree to disagree. 

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

We have seen. Yes.

Are you sure it wasn’t just AI? I read some comments on Yahoo saying the Biden threatening Ukraine video was just a deepfake, and it wasn’t just one person saying it. It was upvoted hundreds of times with dozens of replies in agreement. 🙄

Edited by DJT
Damn autocorrect

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Agree to disagree. 

I don’t disagree that they need to change their message. They certainly do. Trump won in 2016 for a reason. Populism is, well, popular. I just believe winning elections will come down to who is better at harvesting ballots and convincing people to vote early, more than anything else.

13 minutes ago, DJT said:

Are you sure it wasn’t just AI? I read some comments on Yahoo saying the Biden threatening Ukraine video was just a deepfake, and it wasn’t just one person saying it. It was upvoted hundreds of times with dozens of replies in agreement. 🙄

I know you kid, but that will absolutely be the new argument people use instead of admitting they are wrong.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

“The democrats are correct:
Outside of the bank records, the suspicious activity reports, the wire transfers, the Privat bank transactions, the LLCs, the texts, the emails, the WhatsApp messages, the photos of Joe with Hunter’s business partners, the voicemails to his son, the two business partners saying Joe is the “brand,” the “big guy,” and “the chairman,” the two whistleblowers testimony, the recorded phone calls between Biden and Poroshenko, the video of Joe Biden bragging about firing the Ukrainian prosecutor, and Hunter’s statements that he’s giving his dad half his income, there is NO evidence of Joe Biden being involved.”

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I know you kid, but that will absolutely be the new argument people use instead of admitting they are wrong.

It already is. I wasn’t kidding about the yahoo comments. I had to stop reading them, because I felt like I was being trolled. Someone posted a link to the YouTube video, and the response was they’d never believe anything on YouTube because at least 95% of it is doctored or AI. It made me think a good EMP attack would do our country some good. Get back to where when you say something so stupid, you’re in arm’s reach of someone to give you a good whack.

• Fire 1

52 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Regarding the Ukrainian prosecutor, that's been widely debunked and also, making aid contingent is not illegal in any way; the vast majority of the aid we offer is contingent.  The guy in question, Viktor Shokin, was widely seen as corrupt throughout Ukraine.

FFS, stop the spin. 

Shokin was investigating Burisma. Burisma then added Hunter to its Board. Joe Biden immediately withheld aid from Ukraine unless Shokin was fired. he said it on tape. it's all over the internet.

this is not a legal. it's not a 'contingency'. it's a quid pro quo, pay for play scheme by the Vice President and very clearly demonstrates he was in cahoots with Hunter.

TBD

55 minutes ago, DJT said:

I don’t disagree that they need to change their message. They certainly do. Trump won in 2016 for a reason. Populism is, well, popular. I just believe winning elections will come down to who is better at harvesting ballots and convincing people to vote early, more than anything else.

That’s where we differ though. I don’t think it’s going to come down to ballot harvesting. I don’t think it’s going to come down to early voting. I think it’s going to come down to actions. And I think the more MAGA keeps trying to front Trump’s grievances, and more that typically moderate republicans continue to allow it to happen, the more that moderate conservative voters are going to vote to defeat it. 

32 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

FFS, stop the spin. 

Shokin was investigating Burisma. Burisma then added Hunter to its Board. Joe Biden immediately withheld aid from Ukraine unless Shokin was fired. he said it on tape. it's all over the internet.

this is not a legal. it's not a 'contingency'. it's a quid pro quo, pay for play scheme by the Vice President and very clearly demonstrates he was in cahoots with Hunter.

Biden absolutely said that.  He boasted about it.  That is how aid works.  Aid was 100% contingent upon Shokin being removed. 

Where have you been all your life? That is how aid works.   Further, it is designed to primarily benefit the USA - financially, politically and otherwise.  You just mentioned it the other day with respect to anti-gay laws in Africa.  Reform demands in exchange for aid are in virtually every aid package.

Edited by Plasmodium
Typos

40 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

FFS, stop the spin. 

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_3fae078e-8724-4c28-9340-2c154688af43

https://www.rferl.org/a/why-was-ukraine-top-prosecutor-fired-viktor-shokin/30181445.html

This is just not accurate.

FFS, stop the spin. 

It’s like you live on Twitter, latch onto a headline, but can’t be bothered to read anything of substance beyond that.

For someone who calls himself “the brain”, you seem incapable of thinking about sources, doing even the bare minimum of fact checking or verification of anything at all. Well, you verify whether or not the falsehood suits your particular worldview, I suppose.

You’re routinely called out for spouting false or debunked information on your own platform and yet you are incapable of learning a lesson.

Here’s a helpful hint: the Trump-appointed ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovich, testified that Shokin was dirty. So did another Trump appointee. And, the investigation had concluded before Biden recommended he be fired.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/10/trump-revives-false-narrative-on-biden-and-ukraine/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Biden absolutely said that.  He boasted about it.  That is how aid works.  Aid was 100% contingent upon Shokin being removed. 

Where have you been all your life? That is how aid works.   Further, it is designed to primarily benefit the USA - financially, politically and otherwise.  You just mentioned it the other day with respect to anti-gay laws in Africa.  Reform demands in exchange for aid are in virtually every aid package.

Yes and it is interesting that Shokin was investigating a company that had Hunter on its Board of Directors.   And then Joe wanted Shokin gone.   Why just Shokin?   There is no answer to that.   But it is not difficult to put 2 and 2 together and get Joe was protecting Hunter by getting rid of Shokin.   It doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out.

Plus, the manner that he did it is a bit unusual I would say.   $1 billion is a negotiation, we will give you this money based on these criteria being met.   It usually doesn't end up with "you have 6 hours to comply with my demand or no money."   I would say very few negotiations are of that nature.  Yet that is the barrel Joe Biden had Ukraine rolled over on. 

mspart

In a democracy, the appearance of corruption is as bad as actual corruption. It causes lack of trust and division to the same extent. It’s sort of like how guilty by association works… you, yourself, may not have done anything wrong, but because the people you’re associated do wrong, you’ll be judged the same. You can cry about it, but that’s life. If you appear sketchy, you will be treated as sketchy.

That being said, in 2020 and into 2021, Zelenskyy was told he wasn’t doing enough to combat the corruption in Ukraine. He did nothing (“fired” a couple who complained they weren’t getting a big enough cut), Russia decided to attack, and we started sending tens of billions of dollars unchecked for the past year and a half. Congress attempted to take control of the matter and begin some oversight, but the democrats blocked it (Paul voted against it as he didn’t want a whole new office created for it when we already have an inspector who could do it). I suspect Biden would’ve vetoed it claiming it would slow down aid, anyhow.

13 minutes ago, DJT said:

In a democracy, the appearance of corruption is as bad as actual corruption. It causes lack of trust and division to the same extent. It’s sort of like how guilty by association works… you, yourself, may not have done anything wrong, but because the people you’re associated do wrong, you’ll be judged the same. You can cry about it, but that’s life. If you appear sketchy, you will be treated as sketchy.

Very strong point, which I agree with fully. Which also amplifies why making your entire political agenda out to ‘own’ the other side of the aisle through any and all means necessary….is very dangerous to a democracy. 

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

This interview extends the uninterrupted string of humiliating nothing burgers for MAGA.  The faithful will continue believing the sensational press releases and announcements, so no worries for them.

i'm not MAGA. it isn't about one group vs. the other. it's the very obvious situation that Biden and his family were profiting illegally.

it's also not a nothing burger. the guy said biden was present or on the call multiple times. 

and if you think withholding funding until a guy that is investigating a company your son is on the board of is 'nothing'....

keep being a partisan apologist.

• Haha 1

TBD

17 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm not MAGA. it isn't about one group vs. the other. it's the very obvious situation that Biden and his family were profiting illegally.

it's also not a nothing burger. the guy said biden was present or on the call multiple times. 

and if you think withholding funding until a guy that is investigating a company your son is on the board of is 'nothing'....

keep being a partisan apologist.

What concrete, actionable evidence comes out of this?  Nothing.  Hence nothing burger.  Just enough vague speculation to continue fuelling a never ending conspiracy theory.  We all know nothing legally actionable is ever going to come out of this.  MAGA's obligatory impeachment might result, but they may pick a different crime for which they also have no evidence as well.

• Fire 1