• Playwire Ad Area

Legit Venue for NCAA's in Vegas: Two questions...

26 minutes ago, insidecradle said:

Vegas every Year baby! No need to ever worry about restaurants, flights, hotels or things to do. Ton of cabs and ride shares. 

There are lots of place that don't have flights to Vegas.  Who needs cabs & ride share when there's a dedicated tram/trolly system?  

6 hours ago, ionel said:

There are lots of place that don't have flights to Vegas.  Who needs cabs & ride share when there's a dedicated tram/trolly system?  

I guarantee there are a lot more cities that fly to Vegas than fly to Tulsa. Who needs tram/trolley when you have cabs and ride share?

1 hour ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Might hosting in Los Angeles (which contains Hollywood and significant music studios) achieve that goal even better?   Their audience is global.   

I don’t see it as anywhere near the dual purpose destination Las Vegas is.  I don’t think hollywood would be a promoter. 

34 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I don’t see it as anywhere near the dual purpose destination Las Vegas is.  I don’t think hollywood would be a promoter. 

I meant of our sport, and subsequently as opposed to contemporaneously (that is, if we can inspire them to devote resources to making more programs and movies and songs that are relevant to wrestling)...  

8 hours ago, insidecradle said:

I guarantee there are a lot more cities that fly to Vegas than fly to Tulsa. Who needs tram/trolley when you have cabs and ride share?

Who is talking about Tulsa?

Two major problems with Vegas:

1) Would any wrestlers still be allowed to wrestle after day 1 (prob none from state of Iowa +) and

2) even if they were, would any of us folks not in attendance be allowed to know what happened?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Might hosting in Los Angeles (which contains Hollywood and significant music studios) achieve that goal even better?   Their audience is global.   

9 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

With the writer's strike underway, perhaps it's time some wrestlers stepped up and invited the studios to revisit Vision Quest, this time with a female in the lead (wrestling) role?    

No and No

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

39 minutes ago, ionel said:

Who is talking about Tulsa?

Two major problems with Vegas:

1) Would any wrestlers still be allowed to wrestle after day 1 (prob none from state of Iowa +) and

2) even if they were, would any of us folks not in attendance be allowed to know what happened?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shoot!  I didn’t think about that. 

9 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

That's a tricky balancing act. How to reward loyalty and encourage expansion? I don't envy that math, but we can't be THAT petty. 

+1

Seems a little over the top to want to "punish" areas that don't already support our niche sport

3 hours ago, alex1fly said:

+1

Seems a little over the top to want to "punish" areas that don't already support our niche sport

It's not punishing areas but rewarding areas that do support wrestling. Huge states like Florida and Texas that doesn't have a single Division 1 team should not be rewarded a tournament. And again, the real problem what program would put in an offer to host in a state they are not in?

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

It's not punishing areas but rewarding areas that do support wrestling. Huge states like Florida and Texas that doesn't have a single Division 1 team should not be rewarded a tournament. And again, the real problem what program would put in an offer to host in a state they are not in?

But Vegas has gambling and we know wrestlers like to gamble so ... 🙄

• Fire 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:12 AM, Offthemat said:

Oh well, I don’t care who gets credit for my idea, as long as it’s good for the sport. 

The world now knows.  @Husker_Du intermat is now your baby.  Defend our forum!  Call out anyone who steals from us

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted