• Playwire Ad Area

On average college graduates earn 1.2 million dollars more than someone with a high school diploma in their lifetime.

Paul158

So if you have a 50,000 dollar loan at 5.9 percent on a 25year loan that works out to payments 327.00 dollars a month.  1.2 million dollars breaks down to about 28,000 dollars a year. Of course you have to pay taxes on it but still leaves a lot of money to pay on your student loan. It shouldn't be that difficult to pay off your student loan.  Side note. Maybe if students take some basic economic classes in high school or college they could make some better decisions .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paul158 said:

So if you have a 50,000 dollar loan at 5.9 percent on a 25year loan that works out to payments 327.00 dollars a month.  1.2 million dollars breaks down to about 28,000 dollars a year. Of course you have to pay taxes on it but still leaves a lot of money to pay on your student loan. It shouldn't be that difficult to pay off your student loan.  Side note. Maybe if students take some basic economic classes in high school or college they could make some better decisions .

And perhaps you could take a basic math class. The average is meaningless for this situation. The average has a massive right skew due to ultra-high earners. The median means more, but really what the bottom quartile or less earn is the real issue. Unless you are talking about redistributing income so that all college grads are making $1.9 million more than non-college grads? You Democrats are all the same.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And perhaps you could take a basic math class. The average is meaningless for this situation. The average has a massive right skew due to ultra-high earners. The median means more, but really what the bottom quartile or less earn is the real issue. Unless you are talking about redistributing income so that all college grads are making $1.9 million more than non-college grads? You Democrats are all the same.

Maybe you should take a reading class. Where did I say 1.9 million? I also said maybe people should take a basic economic class in high school and in college so can they make better decisions. Also my math is just fine. Show me one error in my math. By the way what is the bottom quartile. My  5 children are all doing just fine whether they went to college or not. The ones who went to college have already paid of their student loans. Most of them are well on their way to having their homes paid off and their automobiles paid off.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Maybe you should take a reading class. Where did I say 1.9 million? I also said maybe people should take a basic economic class in high school and in college so can they make better decisions. Also my math is just fine. Show me one error in my math. By the way what is the bottom quartile. My  5 children are all doing just fine whether they went to college or not. The ones who went to college have already paid of their student loans. Most of them are well on their way to having their homes paid off and their automobiles paid off.

My children are similarly situated.  The boy who had no interest in college went through electrical apprenticeship and his home is paid off, his sister who has decided to get her masters degree is almost paid for.  Her tuition and books are being reimbursed by the company she works for.  

• Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Start with the lack of understanding of the difference between a median and a mean when a distribution is bounded by zero and billions.

But you also have a basic lack of understanding of what this latest program is. In your thread on the SCOTUS decision to stop Biden's loan forgiveness program jross said it was about accountability and doing what one agrees to do, to which you replied "well said". The latest announcement by the Biden administration is about the government finally being accountable and honoring the agreements they entered into. I know you want to conflate that with other Biden admin initiatives to give blanket forgiveness to student loans, but you are just plain wrong on that account.

If you are for accountability and honoring contracts, then you have to support this intiative, even if you have to hold your nose while doing it.

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Start with the lack of understanding of the difference between a median and a mean when a distribution is bounded by zero and billions.

But you also have a basic lack of understanding of what this latest program is. In your thread on the SCOTUS decision to stop Biden's loan forgiveness program jross said it was about accountability and doing what one agrees to do, to which you replied "well said". The latest announcement by the Biden administration is about the government finally being accountable and honoring the agreements they entered into. I know you want to conflate that with other Biden admin initiatives to give blanket forgiveness to student loans, but you are just plain wrong on that account.

If you are for accountability and honoring contracts, then you have to support this intiative, even if you have to hold your nose while doing it.

just as a side note in your previous post you said and I quote { you democrats are all the same}. Please explain. Also how can 804,000 borrowers still owe 39 billion dollars. Isn't that close to 48,000 dollars each? When they supposedly have been paying on their loans for 20 or 25 years. As George Bush used say that is some fuzzy math.

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

just as a side note in your previous post you said and I quote { you democrats are all the same}. Please explain. Also how can 804,000 borrowers still owe 39 billion dollars. Isn't that close to 48,000 dollars each? When they supposedly have been paying on their loans for 20 or 25 years. As George Bush used say that is some fuzzy math.

Yo Pauly, if I were a betting man I'd say that number is inflated to anger people like you and be celebrated by the loony left.

3 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Yo Pauly, if I were a betting man I'd say that number is inflated to anger people like you and be celebrated by the loony left.

Yo Bobby.Maybe they should take a 4th grade math class sometime. I have a couple of grandchildren who are in the 4th grade that could help them. It is really sad that America has gotten this far off the rails. I feel bad for my children and grandchildren.

20 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Future looks fine for Making America Great Again.  Republicans in general, but educated especially, resist answering pollsters.  That’s why only a very few pollsters pre-election predictions are accurate. 

Edited by Offthemat

29 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Wow the study had 10,245 voters in 2017.  We all know how the polls work . Just 12 months earlier they said Hillary was going to win in a landslide.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

Just now, Plasmodium said:

To be fair, millions more voted for her than Trump.

To be fair we have been using the electoral college for sometime now to determine the winner in the presidential election. Also to be fair that study did not include independents which make up 33 percent of the voters now.

47 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

It was a math joke about redistributing wealth based on your castle built on averages.

As for how any politician has ever come up with a headline number ever, I cannot say. My sense is that they are mostly designer numbers.

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

To be fair we have been using the electoral college for sometime now to determine the winner in the presidential election. Also to be fair that study did not include independents which make up 33 percent of the voters now.

Also - and to be fair, accurate and complete - Biden annihilated Trump in popular votes and whatever those other things are.  In fact, a greater margin of victory than at any point in history.  MAGA wants a rematch to get some more of that smoke.  LOL.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Also - and to be fair, accurate and complete - Biden annihilated Trump in popular votes and whatever those other things are.  In fact, a greater margin of victory than at any point in history.  MAGA wants a rematch to get some more of that smoke.  LOL.

Joe won't even get a {sniff} of victory. I prefer a DeSantis/ Kristi Noem ticket myself. 

8 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Trump is gonna be on the ballot, be it as a Republican or his own party.  Exception: he is in prison.

Trump won't be out of prison. The democrats will see to that  and I thank them ahead of time for that.

10 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Blah blah blah.  Russia Russia Russia evens up the score.  

Honestly to this day I can't believe Hillary did not spend some time in jail. Incredible. I have a son and 3 son in-laws that are in the military .If anyone of them had done what she did they would still be in jail.

42 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Honestly to this day I can't believe Hillary did not spend some time in jail. Incredible. I have a son and 3 son in-laws that are in the military .If anyone of them had done what she did they would still be in jail.

Just a better criminal, she's way smarter than Trump and company. Not sure what else to say. Heck, even Hunter is a smarter criminal than Trump at this point. He leaves 5lbs of coke in the White House and doesn't get charged.

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

still not quite certain how the govt wasn't holding up its end of the bargain.

from what i read, people paid less on a payment.. but it was at 10% of their income for those months. those months were not counted as payments by the govt. 

Now the govt is saying that they should be counted.  

tell me what im missing.

that doesn't sound like the govt didn't meet their obligations.