• Playwire Ad Area

Election and Jan 6 charges

15 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

What a dumb response

Alright fascist, show me the law. 
You can’t.  It’s politics, it’s political not criminal.  It is meant to be dealt with, as it was, by Congress.  Only in what we call banana republics and dictatorships are politics criminalized.  That’s what, until now, has set us apart.  The Court has told Jack Smith before that he can’t just make up his own statutes.  But it’s his nature. 

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

You can’t.  It’s politics, it’s political not criminal.  It is meant to be dealt with, as it was, by Congress.  Only in what we call banana republics and dictatorships are politics criminalized.  That’s what, until now, has set us apart.  The Court has told Jack Smith before that he can’t just make up his own statutes.  But it’s his nature. 

Actually, he wouldn't need to show you, the laws are cited in the indictment.  You should read it.

7 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Dumb is your brand. It looks good on you.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Offthemat said:

I have.  That’s how I know how Smith has twisted the law and criminalized politics.  That’s how I know he uses statements out of context and illegally to twist them to fit statutes that were never intended to be applied to politics. 

Good to know you changed your mind. Last time I asked you you told us how you didn’t need to. You’re learning to think for yourself. Progress. 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Well, I guess I was being hopeful. Keep plugging along. You’ll get there. 

No, I believe you have mistaken me for someone else who said they didn’t need to read it.  It doesn’t sound like me.  I read lots of indictments, court decisions, etc that most people don’t. 

Hearing over the protective order just wrapped up.  Judge compromised on a few things, Trump will be allowed to discuss publicly  discovery (evidence) that is not deemed sensitive, and may not relay publicly any personally identifying information related to discovery.  DOJ tried to insist that Trump must be accompanied by his attorney's at all times if he is reviewing, stating he has a tenacity for holding onto sharing information that he shouldn't but doesn't want to let go of, and that such an order exists in the FLA docs case and he agreed to it.    She wouldn't go that far but did say he was not able to review any evidence unattended in any room with electronic or copying devices, and his lawyers must review his notes to ensure he does not record any personally identifying information or sensitive information.  

Aside from the details of the protective order, judge emphasized two things on a number of occasions: Trump is bound by the conditions of his release at arraignment, at one point insinuating his recent behavior has been in direct violation, and that any further harassment of officials in this case or potential witnesses or jurors will meet action, and that while he will be afforded every right of speech and the first ammendment, that speech must yield to the rules of the court process.  She also made clear to Trump lawyers in a number of exchanges that inside this court room it is about the rule of law, and politics and political campaigns will not factor into any decisions.  She made clear that the defendants future aspirations do not exempt any aspect of the rule of law or court process: "Presidents are not Kings, and the defendant is not President"

This is her first appearance in this case, a magistrate oversaw the arraignment.  It was clear she was giving a fair ruling on the protective order, and a fair warning that he will be treated just as any other defendant before her in a federal felony case.  Her closing remarks:

"I intend to ensure the orderly administration of justice in this case as I would with any other case. Even arguably ambiguous statements from parties or their counsel … can threaten the process.  In addition, the more a party makes inflammatory statements about this case which could taint the jury pool ... the greater the urgency will be that we proceed to trial quickly ... I will take whatever measures are necessary to safeguard the integrity of these proceedings"

GA grand jury has returned ten indictments (being reported). All names not yet released. 

Interesting side note, for RICO charges in GA, being awarded bail comes with the burden on the defendant to prove he/she is not a flight risk nor prone to intimidation or witness tampering. If defendant cannot prove this they will be held in custody until trial. 

Ruh-roh

Meadows requesting (expecting to be just the first) to have his case moved out of GA and into federal court, claiming he was acting out his duties as chief of staff. Some of the people I've listened to/read are saying he may have a shot because the COS serves at the pleasure of the president, but that the other 18 defendants don't really have much of a chance should they move for the same.

3 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

And that…..is a good thing. 
For me and my ass. 

You expose it to danger daily.  By Federal law, Trump has a Secret Service detail that accompanies him everywhere he goes.  It was proposed by Dan Bongino that he could challenge the Atlanta prosecutor on bail.  That if they chose to hold Trump in jail the SS has the authority to go in and clear the whole floor and see that nobody even got a sighting of him while he was there. 

4 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

You expose it to danger daily.  By Federal law, Trump has a Secret Service detail that accompanies him everywhere he goes.  It was proposed by Dan Bongino that he could challenge the Atlanta prosecutor on bail.  That if they chose to hold Trump in jail the SS has the authority to go in and clear the whole floor and see that nobody even got a sighting of him while he was there. 

What….

In the hell….

does that have to do with Rudy