• Playwire Ad Area

HWT: AJ Ferrari vs Gable Steveson?

46 minutes ago, ionel said:

For the betting folks in Iowa and beyond, which is more likely:

A) Gable & Ferrari face off in the 24 hwt final or

B) Trump beats all charges and is elected 47?

Trump for sure.

I think there's a greater than 50% chance Gable wrestles at NCAA's.   Ferrari I'd probably put around 10%.  And even if he does I wouldn't pick him to beat Kerk or Hendrickson right now.

59 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Trump for sure.

I think there's a greater than 50% chance Gable wrestles at NCAA's.   Ferrari I'd probably put around 10%.  And even if he does I wouldn't pick him to beat Kerk or Hendrickson right now.

Right now? Neither.

Hendrickson? Never. He's a 174 with a heavyweight's body.

Kerk? If Ferrari listened to a good coach then yes absolutely. Dude's just a big boring oak tree and I genuinely feel that an all-in Ferrari would have beaten him. Won't happen, but if it did that's where my money would have been. And if Ferrari comes back he won't be all-in OR anywhere near where he could have grown to.

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, ionel said:

For the betting folks in Iowa and beyond, which is more likely:

A) Gable & Ferrari face off in the 24 hwt final or

B) Trump beats all charges and is elected 47?

sorry I should've included:

C) Trump and Ferrari end up in the same cell together.

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Right now? Neither.

Hendrickson? Never. He's a 174 with a heavyweight's body.

Kerk? If Ferrari listened to a good coach then yes absolutely. Dude's just a big boring oak tree and I genuinely feel that an all-in Ferrari would have beaten him. Won't happen, but if it did that's where my money would have been. And if Ferrari comes back he won't be all-in OR anywhere near where he could have grown to.

Sorry are you saying Ferrari would never beat Hendrickson or Hendrickson would never beat Ferrari?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Sorry are you saying Ferrari would never beat Hendrickson or Hendrickson would never beat Ferrari?

Hendrickson>Focus yesterday today and tomorrow. Styles make matchups and Hendrickson is a really, REALLY bad matchup for anyone. And that includes Kerk next time they meet up in folkstyle.

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Hendrickson>Focus yesterday today and tomorrow. Styles make matchups and Hendrickson is a really, REALLY bad matchup for anyone. And that includes Kerk next time they meet up in folkstyle.

So what is it about Hendrickson's style that can slow down Focus' speed and strength?

1 minute ago, ionel said:

So what is it about Hendrickson's style that can slow down Focus' speed and strength?

Nearly identical speed which I would give a very slight edge to Focus, identical functional strength, identical gas tank (which when extrapolated to heavyweight is likely to be better for Hendrickson), identical defensive technique, and significantly better offensive technique in one move + chain wrestling + counter-offense-to-offense wrestling by Hendrickson. You can't back up against Hendrickson because he is as long as Focus so the edge game advantage goes out the window; he has a motor that has only been one REALLY stupid brain fart match from going 100mph all the time; he has better chops taking third in a tougher weight class than a freshman, albeit outstanding true freshman, won.

And if you want to go to a FS comparison he would likely break Focus' ribs. And the crowd would roar.

Alas none of this matters because either 1) Focus never wrestles again, or 2) even if he does return, he has been out of the game for too long at the highest level where he rightfully earned his place. To pivot - we all know GS would win, but I would like to see a motivated Steveson vs Hendrickson match and I think the results would open eyes for a few sequences.

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Gotcha.  I agree.  I think Ferrari could keep it close due to his neutral skills, but I’d take Hendrickson.

27 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I think Hendrickson decks him after choosing top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My head says no, my heart says yes, my head also says “durrr were you handing out the Gorarrian trophy?”