• Playwire Ad Area

Must pass a test for Common Sense in order to serve in the Congress , Senate or President. Please.

Paul158

19 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Should someone born cis man but has gender affirming surgery to construct a vagina, has hormone therapy to enable breastfeeding a child and considers themselves female be considered a woman?

I have an honest question and am truly trying to understand...what does "cis" stand for, or mean?

And in your scenario, I think they can consider themselves whatever they want to consider themselves and if they want me to refer them as a woman, I have no problem doing so; however, it in no ways changes the biological fact that they are a male....again biologically and chromosomally speaking.

26 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Should someone born cis man but has gender affirming surgery to construct a vagina, has hormone therapy to enable breastfeeding a child and considers themselves female be considered a woman?

When his bones are studied a thousand years from now what sex will they assign him?

6 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I have an honest question and am truly trying to understand...what does "cis" stand for, or mean?

And in your scenario, I think they can consider themselves whatever they want to consider themselves and if they want me to refer them as a woman, I have no problem doing so; however, it in no ways changes the biological fact that they are a male....again biologically and chromosomally speaking.

its another example of changing the language so as to ostracize the group that doesn't think alike

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

do you mean a Constitutional federal Republic ? Which is what America is.

Maybe he is talking about The Democratic Republic of Congo, which is named after a really good book… highly recommended.

• Fire 2

We can certainly do a play on words for everyone’s fun. I’m sure different sources will have a variation of the words federal, constitutional, Democratic, and republic.

To be specifically technical we are a federal democratic republic, as established by its constitution. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

The United States is a federal constitutional republic, in which the President of the United States (the head of state and head of government), Congress, and judiciary share powers reserved to the national government, and the federal government shares sovereignty with the state governments.

• Fire 1

The Constitution establishes a federal democratic republic form of government. That is, we have an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States. It is a democracy because people govern themselves. It is representative because people choose elected officials by free and secret ballot.

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

This is where the whole “gender and sex aren’t the same” thing needs to have a definitive clarification:

Males can be men/boys or women/girls.

Females can be women/girls or men/boys.

Males are males.

Females are females.

This would go a long way in establishing a status quo (most) people can accept. My guess is the left would push against it more than the right.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

If the court system is unethically packed by one political party, is it unethical for a different political party to repack it in their favor?

At worst, it would be 5-4 conservative (and do you reeeeeaally think Merrick Garland on the SC would be that great?), and that’s if you sit there with a crystal ball and pretend everything else would happen exactly as it did. There is a chance Trump would’ve had a better turn-out and won in 2020, if the SC was more in play. Hell, RGB might’ve held in until last year, and even she said Roe was flawed law and may have sided with the conservatives. And, if things were really different, and there was a liberal majority in the SC and Roe was held, there’s a chance there’d be 60 republican senators, and we’d have President McCarthy right now.

41 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

If the court system is unethically packed by one political party, is it unethical for a different political party to repack it in their favor?

First you have to define unethically.   I think you would have an argument there.   The number of justices stayed the same so it is not like the court was packed like the Ds are proposing by adding justices.   3 Vacancies came Trump's way and he filled them.   1 came Biden's way and he filled that.  There is nothing unethical about either of these. 

As of now it is moot to change the number of justices.   Won't happen this year or next.   Gotta wait for the next election.   But changing the number of justices to pack the court is like a kid losing a baseball game who takes his ball and his bat and goes home and the game ends because they were using his ball and bat.    

D's had the majority for decades and they feel it is their right to maintain that.   But it is not their right to have that maintained as we see.   So they want to pack the court with D justices by adding 6 or 7 new justices, hopefully really young, so they can maintain a majority on the court for a really long time.  There's just something really immature about that way of thinking, as per the analogy. 

mspart

Plasmodium, these are all referendum questions, nothing to do with someone’s capacity to responsibly exercise their right to vote.

DC should not be a state. It was set up the way it is for a reason…. Otherwise, they would’ve made it a state… or left the capital in NYC or Philadelphia.

Yes, marijuana laws should be left to the state.

Edited by DJT

31 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Should marijuana be taken off the list of federally banned substances and regulation be administered by individual states?

This pretty much has happened.   Same with hard drugs.  OR passed an initiative (vote of the people) that legalized use of hard drugs.   WA did the same when the legislature failed to pass a bill to fix a law struck down by the SC.   So for 2 years hard drug use was not illegal in WA.   They just passed a bill and it was signed that makes it a gross misdemeanor to possess or use hard drugs.   Seattle voted not to abide by that so all drug use is essentially legal there.   The Feds have shown no interest in enforcing federal law on this topic. 

mspart