• Playwire Ad Area

2024 President Candidate Discussion

jross

21 minutes ago, Le duke said:

We were already replacing them whether we used them or not. That’s the point. They have to be used or destroyed; they have a shelf life. Again, their replacements were paid for years ago.

Also, it’s weird how you seem to be so against the US DOD taking advantage of the situation to improve its ability to protect America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, I was against children not getting stolen, now I’m against protecting America? 

Why not divert those weapons to our southern border and do something to actually protect American citizens? The cartels pose a much greater and more imminent threat to the US than Russia does at this point. Sooner or later, we will have to take military action against the cartels, with or without Mexico’s permission. 

Edited by DJT

First, I was against children not getting stolen, now I’m against protecting America? 

Why not divert those weapons to our southern border and do something to actually protect American citizens? The cartels pose a much greater and more imminent threat to the US than Russia does at this point. Sooner or later, we will have to take military action against the cartels, with or without Mexico’s permission. 

Tell me which weapons systems you think the US DOD should use against a country not engaged in a war with the US.

13 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Tell me which weapons systems you think the US DOD should use against a country not engaged in a war with the US.

ALL OF THEM!
(The War on Drugs has been going on for 60 years 🙄)

Anyhow, we have ventured far from the original topic of discussing 2024 Presidential Candidates… 

I’m split between RFK Jr. and Vivek in the primaries (open primaries). They are both DC outsiders, both highly intelligent, both have good ideas (I agree and disagree with them equally). I think Vivek would be better for the economy of the US, but RFK would be better for the soul of the US (i.e. bring people together, unlike Trump and Biden who have done nothing but pit Americans against one another).

As of now, I’m likely going RFK. I think if he has a good showing, he’ll go third-party (I don’t see DNC letting Biden lose the nomination, though, I think there may be some shenanigans forthcoming leading to Newsom being the chosen candidate). 

RFK has said the CIA was involved in his uncle’s death, ***that he would release all information now classified***, that he would follow his uncle’s wish to “scatter the CIA to the wind.”  Do you think he’d make it to the inauguration?

That’s a series of ideas with absolutely horrific consequences for the US.

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

RFK has said the CIA was involved in his uncle’s death, that he would release all information now classified, that he would follow his uncle’s wish to “scatter the CIA to the wind.”  Do you think he’d make it to the inauguration?

Probably not… but if you listen to him explain it all (his dad’s assassination), it is very compelling. Same goes for most anything he says that people call him a conspiracy nut for saying. His town hall from a couple weeks ago is worth the listen… same with the Rogan and Jordan Peterson interviews with him.

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

That’s a series of ideas with absolutely horrific consequences for the US.

RFK is against needlessly classifying documents, especially those of public interest that are 60 years old. There’s a lot of classified information that nobody can justify why it’s classified, which can be deduced to the government is hiding something they don’t want the public to know. It is the public who paid for and owns that information, so withholding it creates distrust in the government. Seems reasonable.

RFK is against needlessly classifying documents, especially those of public interest that are 60 years old. There’s a lot of classified information that nobody can justify why it’s classified, which can be deduced to the government is hiding something they don’t want the public to know. It is the public who paid for and owns that information, so withholding it creates distrust in the government. Seems reasonable.

Ugh. Facepalm.

All the classified documents concerning his father’s and uncle’s deaths, and unnecessarily classified documents.  The people have a right to know what our government is doing and has done on their dollar.  How many parents did you surveille for attending school board meetings?  How many federal agents were at the capitol on Jan. 6th and what was their task?  What federal aid is being distributed to generate border crossings? 

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Rasta, care to give the cliff notes?

i honestly don't know much about him and don't know how i feel about him.

This is very honestly I’d prefer people do their own due diligence if they are seriously considering this guy as president of the United States, rather than put any weight into what some anonymous dude on social media says. But to answer your question:

The cliff notes would include drug abuse, drug distribution, spousal abuse both physical and mental (to be fair I believe the physical is ‘alleged’), among other characteristics of…..well someone with just truly bad character, displayed throughout their lifetime. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

7 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

This is very honestly I’d prefer people do their own due diligence if they are seriously considering this guy as president of the United States, rather than put any weight into what some anonymous dude on social media says. But to answer your question:

The cliff notes would include drug abuse, drug distribution, spousal abuse both physical and mental (to be fair I believe the physical is ‘alleged’), among other characteristics of…..well someone with just truly bad character, displayed throughout their lifetime. 

Don't forget the video of him working out shirtless posted on Twitter... he's basically Putin.

43 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Good to see him working with Republicans even while on vacation.

The monkey does share a strong resemblance to John Bolton... nothing more American than spending the 4th getting some sun while war mongering with the big guy.

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Haha, have you ever delved into the character traits of Joe, John F, Robert F, and Teddy Kennedy?