• Playwire Ad Area

Quick check in on Tucker Carlson's "video views"

VakAttack

11 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

that is the point that is often repeated: "their legal team must have thought they were liable, because the settled."

and it's a good, fair point.

however i think there's more to it. and i say that b/c 1) i watch fox a lot and i don't recall any of their hosts banging the 'dominion is crooked' drum'. (for sure their guests did, though). 2) where are the clips of those hosts doing so?

so at the end of the day, the only argument anyone makes is 'well they must have felt guilty b/c they settled.'

imo, due to the lack of evidence wherein their hosts were liable, the more likely reason they settled is b/c they were afraid of internal documents and directives. 

just my guess though 

The part in blue is 100% clear here. The rest is ... basically silly.

The next time you attempt to call others 'sheep'... think again. Although better than before, Fox is still supplying the sheep feed - you are obviously a regular customer.

23 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The Dominion settlement is, by orders of magnitude,  the biggest payout for this type of lawsuit in American history.  The only bigger award was from a jury against Alex Jones.  There is no feasible argument that this was good for Fox other than it prevented them from having to put some of their stuff more firmly and un-plausible-deniabilty-ly in the public eye.  The standard for the plaintiff's to prove in this case was EXTREMELY high, so much so that most cases like this are dismissed out of hand....and Fox still paid that much money.  I can buy the "it's cheaper to settle this case than to try it" in a lot of situations.  That doesn't fly when you're paying THE LARGEST SUCH SETTLEMENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

That is telling... and then some.

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

The part in blue is 100% clear here. The rest is ... basically silly.

The next time you attempt to call others 'sheep'... think again. Although better than before, Fox is still supplying the sheep feed - you are obviously a regular customer.

right, right.

i know you are but what am i?

keep your mask up and get your booster

• Haha 1

TBD

12 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

right, right.

i know you are but what am i?

keep your mask up and get your booster

My point was that Fox is still fueling the fight between the simpleton concept of "left" and "right" - which is downright criminally incorrect. This is a channel you obviously admit to watching "a lot."

The "left" Fox typically references is actually the far left. The moderate left believes in strong law enforcement and fiscal responsibility. Fox is doing us all an injustice by misrepresenting that group.

You haven't made any point at all in your post - just more fuel for more fighting.

We already have plenty of turd posters who are here just to fight and argue. We'd rather you not be one of them.

The ever sequestered moderate democrat.  He appeared a while back when the House voted to pass a law that required normal protective care to an infant born alive after an attempted abortion.  

Rep. Henry Cuellar of Texas was the only Democrat voting with Republicans in support of the bill.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/born-alive-bill-passed-house-republicans-require-care/story?id=96389440

Not to start an argument over abortion, but if there’s only one democrat in the House that will vote to protect a baby, how many extremists are there?

14 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

The ever sequestered moderate democrat.  He appeared a while back when the House voted to pass a law that required normal protective care to an infant born alive after an attempted abortion.  

Rep. Henry Cuellar of Texas was the only Democrat voting with Republicans in support of the bill.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/born-alive-bill-passed-house-republicans-require-care/story?id=96389440

Not to start an argument over abortion, but if there’s only one democrat in the House that will vote to protect a baby, how many extremists are there?

One

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

My point was that Fox is still fueling the fight between the simpleton concept of "left" and "right" - which is downright criminally incorrect. This is a channel you obviously admit to watching "a lot."

The "left" Fox typically references is actually the far left. The moderate left believes in strong law enforcement and fiscal responsibility. Fox is doing us all an injustice by misrepresenting that group.

You haven't made any point at all in your post - just more fuel for more fighting.

We already have plenty of turd posters who are here just to fight and argue. We'd rather you not be one of them.

i'm not gonna keep going round and round with you.

if you want to think Fox News is the cause behind the left and right fighting, go ahead.

i think it's abundantly clear the fighting is the product of utterly idiotic policy of this administration and anti-science narratives by just about every MSM source

that time and time again gets proven wrong and/or counter productive. 

• Fire 3

TBD

12 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm not gonna keep going round and round with you.

if you want to think Fox News is the cause behind the left and right fighting, go ahead.

i think it's abundantly clear the fighting is the product of utterly idiotic policy of this administration and anti-science narratives by just about every MSM source

that time and time again gets proven wrong and/or counter productive. 

I don't believe Fox news is the cause - that is not something I think nor is it something I said.

Fighting is mostly caused by a lack of respect for other people. Things like calling others "utterly idiotic" and such - these types of things lead to fighting.

You seem angry. (Not just now, but it seems like most of your posts have an angry bent.)

Hate and anger contribute little to good conversation. We've already got plenty of both, and they haven't helped us much along the way.

Maybe abandoning both would be a good start.

Funny how people's perspective and interpretation of things can be so different...I never once thought Husker's posts were "angry" or that he is full of "hate"...I take his posts as he says it how it is with a little side mouth smirk as this is fun debating with others.  Then he belly laughs when some on here get all bent out of shape and start the name calling...or maybe that is what I do.

27 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Funny how people's perspective and interpretation of things can be so different...I never once thought Husker's posts were "angry" or that he is full of "hate"...I take his posts as he says it how it is with a little side mouth smirk as this is fun debating with others.  Then he belly laughs when some on here get all bent out of shape and start the name calling...or maybe that is what I do.

ditto

I think people confuse passion with anger sometimes.

Just because he is not afraid to mix it up occasionally does not make me view him as angry. Sometimes we agree on stuff and sometimes we disagree. Sometimes he convinces me to reconsider and sometimes I convince him likewise. 

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Just because he is not afraid to mix it up occasionally does not make me view him as angry. Sometimes we agree on stuff and sometimes we disagree. Sometimes he convinces me to reconsider and sometimes I convince him likewise. 

Yeah.  I don't think it's anger, usually, it can just present that way sometimes.  Other than the time he told me to suck Pyles' dick. 😉  Like I said, Willie is good people in my book, even if we disagree politically on many things.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Agree with all of this!

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Willie definitely can come off as angry on-line occasionally, but I can only tell you from my personal experience he's always been very happy and pleasant every time I've met him in person.  Good dude.

appreciate you Vak.

and all of you for the debate and sharing ideas. i believe whether we agree or not, it makes us better people.

i certainly understand my tone often comes off as if i'm angry, but i assure you i'm pretty calm and secure lol.

anyway - i love all the conversations on here and am thankful for them. 

• Fire 3

TBD

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

appreciate you Vak.

and all of you for the debate and sharing ideas. i believe whether we agree or not, it makes us better people.

i certainly understand my tone often comes off as if i'm angry, but i assure you i'm pretty calm and secure lol.

anyway - i love all the conversations on here and am thankful for them. 

I resemble this remark.  I have a difficult time conveying my generous humor in my posts.

• Fire 1

I’ve never really been a Tucker fan, but his interview with Russell Brand last Friday (his first since leaving Fox) was pretty good. Worth checking out.

Edited by DJT

18 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

"cry me a river."

you've said several condescending things.

i'm about the happiest person in the world.

and now you're backpedalling

Your post here with the "cry me a river" comment is far more "vindictive" than "good dude" commentary. 

Meh - others seem to back you up. I don't know you personally, so I'll chalk it up to misunderstanding.

4 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

... but I do wonder what happened to posters LJB and Mike Parrish.

Did you ban these posters for their part in that crazy thread that has since been deleted?

It was, without a doubt, over the line. But would be interesting to know what happened if it isn't too much to ask.

LJB got banned/ suspended  for less than what the admins do. Parrish, my understanding,  just stepped away.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1