• Playwire Ad Area

With Gomez at CKWC.....

There is no easy road to the Olympics. He will need to qualify the weight class which will take a top 5(gold, silver, both bronze, and winner of the 5th placers) performance at Worlds, make the finals at the Pan Ams, or top 3 at the last chance. With possibly the USA, Puerto Rico(Sebatian Rivera), and a Cuban the Pan Ams will not be as easy as it usually is.

Gomez's high flying style will make for fun freestyle matches.

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Okay okay let me clarify for all the nitpickers……

He has a year and a half with one of the best staffs in the world and doesn’t have to go through an absolute  gauntlet to make the national team. 

Look out!

I forgot to add and doesn't have to go through Europe/Asia to qualify.

Edited by WrestlingRasta

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I forgot to add and doesn't have to go through Europe/Asia to qualify.

As we all know, it is very extremely super duper easy for US-based athletes to qualify 65kg

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

57 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

As we all know, it is very extremely super duper easy for US-based athletes to qualify 65kg

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Pretty much my point. Going through the Americas, you just pretty much have to not pin yourself with your own leg lace. 

Going through Europe/Asia on the other hand..

• Haha 1

Is there anything stopping our guys from training with the Cubans?

Jaime Espinal of Puerto Rico was a cheerleader in college, and a breakdancer after college. Then he trained with the Cubans, and started winning medals, including an Olympic silver.

14 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Pretty much my point. Going through the Americas, you just pretty much have to not pin yourself with your own leg lace. 

Going through Europe/Asia on the other hand..

I mean... jokes aside... a few years back Malik Amine made it further in his bracket at worlds than Zain Retherford did... in the same 65 KG bracket.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... jokes aside... a few years back Malik Amine made it further in his bracket at worlds than Zain Retherford did... in the same 65 KG bracket.

A few years back I banged a japaneese hooker....doesn't make me as world renowned as Hunter...

Anecdotes are fun.

26 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

(I am kidding....the joke just popped in my head)

27 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

A few years back I banged a japaneese hooker....doesn't make me as world renowned as Hunter...

Anecdotes are fun.

Now if she were a Chinese spy hooker with a cleft running the length of her spine for the party favors.......

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Anecdotes are fun.

I was talking actual wrestling results.  Comparable data.  You're speaking in riddles to attempt to make a point yet look stoopid while doing it.  Proceed, please.

• 2 weeks later...

What I gathered from this thread is that @WrestlingRasta probably wants to bang Japanese hookers. And if Hunter's text messages are any indication, Rasta can take solace in the fact that he and the world-renowned monger won't be competing for the same talent...

But back to the (supposed) point of the thread--I like Gomez's FS prospects. He always  seemed better suited to MFS over folkstyle and 65 kg fits his body. But he will need to have a real good day at PanAms to qualify the weight. Let's face it, while Yianni caught lightning in a bottle last year, the odds do not favor the US or anyone else in the PanAm qualifier to place top 5 in Belgrade. And like Bob says, there will be a number of countries with wrestlers the caliber of Gomez in the qualifier: US, Cuba, Canada (ascending McNeil), PR (Rivera) and Destribats (LOL). I think a healthy Gomez can make some noise and qualify but it's far from a forgone conclusion.

15 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

What I gathered from this thread is that @WrestlingRasta probably wants to bang Japanese hookers. And if Hunter's text messages are any indication, Rasta can take solace in the fact that he and the world-renowned monger won't be competing for the same talent...

But back to the (supposed) point of the thread--I like Gomez's FS prospects. He always  seemed better suited to MFS over folkstyle and 65 kg fits his body. But he will need to have a real good day at PanAms to qualify the weight. Let's face it, while Yianni caught lightning in a bottle last year, the odds do not favor the US or anyone else in the PanAm qualifier to place top 5 in Belgrade. And like Bob says, there will be a number of countries with wrestlers the caliber of Gomez in the qualifier: US, Cuba, Canada (ascending McNeil), PR (Rivera) and Destribats (LOL). I think a healthy Gomez can make some noise and qualify but it's far from a forgone conclusion.

I think he just techfalled Dest a couple/few months ago?  I might be wrong.

9 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

Mentioning him sort of tongue-in-cheek but he can still play spoiler.

As we know... he did beat our 70 KG Worlds Silver medalist this last cycle in his first tournament up from 61 KG.  I imagine he has settled in to the weight a bit better now.