• Playwire Ad Area

Iowa could have 7 transfer starters next year

2 hours ago, wrestlingest2010 said:

Honestly - academic eligibility should be the last of AJ's concern. The fact his family requested a trial shows the victim is all in on testifying against him and the prosecutor is not offering him any kind of favorable plea. Oklahoma Sex Crime laws are serious. I imagine the prosecutor isn't offering any kind of bargain that would keep him out of jail and not register as a sex offender (in which there is literally under a 0% chance Iowa would admit him) Obviously not the best source but if you want to believe Travis Mastro's snap, the victim immediately went to the hospital and got a DNA evidence and gave a statement to the police. AJ sister name dropping her and basically shaming her doesn't help their cause either (and probably motivates the victim to go forward with it all)

If it does go to trial (big if here) I would be SHOCKED if it actually happens next fall, jury selection for someone of AJ's profile in that jurisdiction can take a while in itself. That date is probably just the earliest everyone was available. You need to find 12 people who show they know nothing about Oklahoma State sports and have absolutely 0 biases against athletes in any way (some people admittedly might think an athlete is immediately guilty because they have biases) There's a reason why Shawn Oakman's trial took years to actually start, and he was found not guilty in 45 minutes. (after his NFL career was long ruined)

You are severely overestimating the profile of the wrestling team ad also underestimating people's ability to be uninformed.

Why would anyone be surprised Brands, inc would want AJ on the team no matter what he has done?

After all, both of them still wrestled for Foxcatcher after DuPont murdered Dave Schultz.

• Fire 2

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

10 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Why would anyone be surprised Brands, inc would want AJ on the team no matter what he has done?

After all, both of them still wrestled for Foxcatcher after DuPont murdered Dave Schultz.

Wait, Foxcatcher was still running after that? Are you serious?

5 hours ago, Le duke said:

Are YOU serious?

Yes, it was still running after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, could you please link me to somewhere I can read more on the wrestling club? I couldn’t find a decent Wikipedia page.

I always figured it dissolved immediately - I can’t believe that!

18 hours ago, Le duke said:

Are YOU serious?

Yes, it was still running after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

And the Brands still kept taking his money...zero integrity or morals

Are these for real?  I had no idea, and my goodness does that immediately change my view of so much in our sport.  

Not for the better either.

I hope it’s not true, and that it was something like finishing out a cycle and sticking with the training partners you had at the time.

4 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Are these for real?  I had no idea, and my goodness does that immediately change my view of so much in our sport.  

Not for the better either.

I hope it’s not true, and that it was something like finishing out a cycle and sticking with the training partners you had at the time.

Dupont killed Schultz 6 months before the 1996 Olympic games

1 hour ago, Corby said:

Dupont killed Schultz 6 months before the 1996 Olympic games

Thanks.

And, yeah, I mean, in that event what else are you supposed to do?  You can’t put that on the Brands or anybody else.  You have the environment you have.

That’s really brutal and impressive that they pushed through that.