Yeah, like BBQ. 

5 hours ago, DJT said:

First thing that pops in my head…

She put the lime on the porkachop

… and now that song will be in my head the whole time I’m mowing lawn 🤦🏻‍♂️

Did you get your lawn all chopped?

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

Did you get your lawn all chopped?

First time mowing since the week before Memorial Day… If global warming means I don’t have to mow 2-3 times/week like I did last summer, I’ll start burning tires in my fire pit.

4 hours ago, DJT said:

First time mowing since the week before Memorial Day… If global warming means I don’t have to mow 2-3 times/week like I did last summer, I’ll start burning tires in my fire pit.

That would be funny if you can relate to it. 

For me - I grew up mowing many acres of lawn 2-3 time a week. At least 5 properties including our farm. Had a big rider, a smaller rider, a couple pusher mowers, and a couple weed whippers. Squeezed it all onto a trailer and ... we'd ride.

Wasn't really very hard compared to most farm work. The rider was the best, but pushing a mower or wielding a whipper wasn't hard either. Mostly sunny days and good times. Maybe 8a to 7p or so. It was a solid day to get it all done, but the result was a golf course looking lawn to be proud of. High point was the cold beverages after finishing the day (Really, I remember the cokes more vividly than anything else.) Always felt like we'd be finishing mowing just before we'd have to start again.

Now I've got my own place, used to mow 2-3 times a week. Then (2-4 yrs ago) it was down to 2-3 times a month. In the last couple years, I've been mowing a bit more than once a month. Not just me, same for most folks in Southern Minnesota. Most of whom I know are farmers.

No political message, 

Things don't look great. What I KNOW is right here in Southern Minnesota, it hasn't been good, and it continues to get worse. I see no signs of change.

But DJT, don't burn any tires in your fire pit. It isn't funny - doesn't resemble funny. Be glad your lawn grows. You're lucky.

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

For me - I grew up mowing many acres of lawn 2-3 time a week. At least 5 properties including our farm. Had a big rider, a smaller rider, a couple pusher mowers, and a couple weed whippers. Squeezed it all onto a trailer and ... we'd ride.

Wasn't really very hard compared to most farm work. The rider was the best, but pushing a mower or wielding a whipper wasn't hard either. Mostly sunny days and good times. Maybe 8a to 7p or so. It was a solid day to get it all done, but the result was a golf course looking lawn to be proud of. High point was the cold beverages after finishing the day (Really, I remember the cokes more vividly than anything else.) Always felt like we'd be finishing mowing just before we'd have to start again.

Now I've got my own place, used to mow 2-3 times a week. Then (2-4 yrs ago) it was down to 2-3 times a month. In the last couple years, I've been mowing a bit more than once a month. Not just me, same for most folks in Southern Minnesota. Most of whom I know are farmers.

No political message, 

Things don't look great. What I KNOW is right here in Southern Minnesota, it hasn't been good, and it continues to get worse. I see no signs of change.

But DJT, don't burn any tires in your fire pit. It isn't funny - doesn't resemble funny. Be glad your lawn grows. You're lucky.

have you tried gluing yourself to a famous work of art? 

TBD

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I bet you’re a real blast at parties…

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Have you tried pissing on an electric fence?

9 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I have.  Ouch.

There is a very simple way to test if an electric fence is hot.  This was never my preferred/chosen method but I suppose it also works.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

is it difficult to replicate at home? or simple?

It’s just precise. Kinda like scallops, texture a big part of it, overcooking it can be easy. 

Not sure how the place you had prepped then but I like to cut into nuggets, toss in a little bit of butter, little bit of season and on a skewer. Just sear it over hot fire for a few minutes, and right from grill to plate. Squeeze a lemon on the skewers. 

• Fire 1

A lot has transpired since this thread was started, but I gave my brother-in-law my old Bradley smoker, after replacing it with a Traeger.

As far as smoking goes, I regret the move.  The Bradley is a far better smoker than is the Traeger, at least for my tastes.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!