• Playwire Ad Area

Smokers (Meat)

Husker_Du

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I done f***ed up. This is where never using a temp gauge can get you every once in a while. Pulled them when they ‘seemed’ probe tender last night, wrapped them and let them sleep nice and tight and cozy through the night. Here we are this morning and they’re not done. Tissue still tuggin. Gonna try a save…

IMG_8786.jpeg.d7e531a77ea8c781eb30bccf6d968961.jpeg

Paradoxically, you flew too close to the sun.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Got ribs going here in the Dakota’s this morning. 

IMG_4868.jpeg

A friend of mine is tearing up the pheasants this morning near New England, ND.

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

24 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

A friend of mine is tearing up the pheasants this morning near New England, ND.

Pheasant season doesn’t start for 2 more weeks here in the good Dakota. Have not tried pheasant on the smoker yet. Could be worthwhile… I always blacken and pan fry it and it comes out tasty. 

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

Pheasant season doesn’t start for 2 more weeks here in the good Dakota. Have not tried pheasant on the smoker yet. Could be worthwhile… I always blacken and pan fry it and it comes out tasty. 

Never have smoked it.  Either baked or fried. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 10/6/2023 at 11:52 AM, WrestlingRasta said:

I work for the gubment

I do too, but I's ain't cookin like that. 

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

Been seeing a lot of that but never tried it. How long it take?

Depends on how much smoke flavor you like. I fill 2 smoke tubes and it goes for 4 hours. 

Take it off, wipe off oils, let set in room temperature for couple hours, layer in tupperware container with paper towels between layers, cover and refrigerate for a day and then vacuum seal.

I write 2 week future date on package and then it's ready to eat.

Cream cheese can be eaten a day later.

• Fire 1

On 10/9/2023 at 2:45 PM, Stockton said:

Depends on how much smoke flavor you like. I fill 2 smoke tubes and it goes for 4 hours. 

Take it off, wipe off oils, let set in room temperature for couple hours, layer in tupperware container with paper towels between layers, cover and refrigerate for a day and then vacuum seal.

I write 2 week future date on package and then it's ready to eat.

Cream cheese can be eaten a day later.

Wow I love smoked cheese.   But I figure I would melt it, never thought I might be able to do this.   Hmmmmm, I might have to try this.    Got a brisket thawing for this weekend!!   I'll give that a go.   But I may try cheese and if so, I'll let you know how much melt I got!!!

mspart

On 6/15/2023 at 7:24 PM, headshuck said:

Had a couple good years with the Acorn Big Green Egg clone before it rusted out. Now my goto is the PitBoss Traeger clone.

The Traeger family is actually partially behind Pit Boss.  They decided they wanted back in the smoker game after selling the Traeger brand.

Edited by Warm Up Champ

I smoked a brisket on Fri.   There were all kinds of difficulties.   My burner wouldn't light, I was too low on propane so it stopped heating halfway through.   It smoked way to fast.  

But ....

It was the best brisket I have ever smoked, it was incredibly tender and tasty and it was just wonderful.   We finished it in the oven at 350F, not covered in foil, splashing stuff all over.   But it came out at 209 on the bottom and 197 on the top.   I covered it lightly to let it rest for 30 minutes and my wife was too hungry.   So I carved it up, very easy carving and it was awesome.   It should've been bad but was the best.   Batting 100% for smoked meats coming out really really good. 

mspart

• Fire 7

2 hours ago, mspart said:

I smoked a brisket on Fri.   There were all kinds of difficulties.   My burner wouldn't light, I was too low on propane so it stopped heating halfway through.   It smoked way to fast.  

But ....

It was the best brisket I have ever smoked, it was incredibly tender and tasty and it was just wonderful.   We finished it in the oven at 350F, not covered in foil, splashing stuff all over.   But it came out at 209 on the bottom and 197 on the top.   I covered it lightly to let it rest for 30 minutes and my wife was too hungry.   So I carved it up, very easy carving and it was awesome.   It should've been bad but was the best.   Batting 100% for smoked meats coming out really really good. 

mspart

pics or it didn't happen 😋