• Playwire Ad Area

Recruiting Class Rankings 2023

Husker_Du

My team did pretty good. #3. Can't argue with your rankings.

I think Arnold and Kueter could both be a little higher individually, but no shame in where they are at. Lots of finalist type guys (which is what Iowa fans hope for with Arnold) who've been in the teens over the years. With Kueter there is the football variable, but any top 10 guy is a total stud.

Arnold somewhat limited offensively against other top tier guys. But also elite defensively. He'll have a short stocky Matt Brown type build at 174 and be impossible to take down like a smaller version of his cousin is my hope for him. Plus Angelo Ferrari coming in right above him at 184, iron sharpens iron and all that. 

Obviously high expectations for the JR World Champ if we get some meaningful mat time out of him. I like his long frame, with some additional good size put on in a college weight room combined with his athleticism could be a killer. 

I like Blocks length and funk/athleticism, had a bad showing at the JR WTT's but wrestled Kasak tough at the Dapper Dan. I think he can develop into a solid AA.

Petersen showed some sleeper potential with a good showing at the open, then kind of came back to earth with a lackluster WTT's. Excited to see if he can develop into a meaningful contributor. 

1 hour ago, buckshot said:

Is it cool to promote your own stuff that's behind a paywall here? 

Do you see the tab on the top of the page labeled “MatScouts”? (Or in the drop-down menu if you’re on mobile) 🙄

Husker-Du and BobDole are why you’re on this forum… well, and Al Gore. Can’t forget about Al Gore.

Edited by DJT
  • Fire 2

6 minutes ago, DJT said:

Do you see the tab on the top of the page labeled “MatScouts”? (Or in the drop-down menu if you’re on mobile) 🙄

I see it. You still have to log in to view it. I pay for my MatScout so I'm not bothered.

Edited by MPhillips
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, DJT said:

Husker-Du and BobDole are why you’re on this forum… well, and Al Gore. Can’t forget about Al Gore.

I'll also take a shot and say we wouldn't be here without A Hamilton but maybe @Interviewed_at_Weehawken can weigh in on that.

9 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I see it. You still have to log in to view it. I pay for my MatScout so I'm not bothered.

Just pointing out that MatScouts is affiliated with Intermat (Willie owns both), so, of course, he can promote the paywall content on here. It’s not like CP is on here posting links to paywall Flo articles.

On 6/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, buckshot said:

Is it cool to promote your own stuff that's behind a paywall here? 

I think it's cool Willie promotes his own stuff on the very forum that he saved from the trash heap at themat.com so we all could have a place to  continue to discuss and banter.  I'm guessing about 99% of us are okay with it. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I didn’t mean to come across as hostile as it may have read responding to buckshot. I’m assuming he didn’t realize the connection between MatScouts and Intermat. My apologies.

A similar thing happened on the Wisconsin forums. I hadn’t looked at them in five years, and when I did this season, I was confused by all of the linked paywall content that had never been allowed… Apparently, wiwrestling was taken over by wiwrestle or some such thing.

15 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i try not to pimp my content. actually not sure i've done it on the new boards here previously.

was just trying to start a convo. 

I would like to direct everybody to my new book, Pimping Your Own Content and 30 Other Ways to Piss Off Old People

I realize that I just pimped my own content. How you feeling, old people?

The ILLINI at #9, a Junior Duals double (Greco and Free), AOC in the fold, recruits from other states teching in Tulsa (Scoles, Bennett). So excite!

13 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I would like to direct everybody to my new book, Pimping Your Own Content and 30 Other Ways to Piss Off Old People

The ILLINI at #9, a Junior Duals double (Greco and Free), AOC in the fold, recruits from other states teching in Tulsa (Scoles, Bennett). So excite!

Old Man Yells at Cloud | Know Your Meme

• Fire 1

i try not to pimp my content. actually not sure i've done it on the new boards here previously.
was just trying to start a convo. 

You’ve actually done a commendable job with not doing that.

I’ve participated in other forums where the owner of the forum had a pretty strong agenda towards certain products, ideas, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I’ve participated in other forums where the owner of the forum had a pretty strong agenda towards certain products, ideas, etc.

Bob's the one with a "pretty strong agenda," his agenda seems to be to stay out of our way.  I commend him for adhering to this tough approach.  🙂

• Fire 1

13 hours ago, Idaho said:

Oregon State Beavers coming in at #15! That's the highest rank we have had in a while... several top 100 guys on there and a few fly under the radar types. 

Why did Belton hit the portal? He officially leave yet? 

10 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

How od you know it's old people who don't like it....I'm old... just leave me alone and let me watch my informercials and Matlock. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐