• Playwire Ad Area

Top Freshman out of gate?

feet2back

I think it's strange that everyone seems to think so highly of Swiderski and VanNess (and I agree, they are studs), but they never mention Chance Lamer who beat each of them within the last two years.  How in the world is Chance not getting mentioned among the best Freshman?!?!?  #chancelamer

Lamer vs VanNess: https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6983321-63-kg-5th-place-chance-lamer-poway-elite-vs-shayne-van-ness-blairstown-wrestling-club

Lamer vs Swiderski:  

7 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Sasso has another year to use - Do you think he is moving up or is not going to use his last year of eligibility?

D'Emilio, Sasso, Paddy and Kharchla move up next season. Hoffman, Geog or Shumate need to get to 84 (no idea if that's  possible, I just want to see Geog wrestle a season) and then Feldman at 285.  Options at 25. Mendez needs to see David Taylor's guy so he can wrestle 41. Bouzakis slides in at 33.

I've sent my suggestions to Coach Ryan through a mutual friend. 

6 hours ago, feet2back said:

Might have to also add Peterson from Rutgers at 125lbs if he's named starter. Lost a highly contested match last week to NCAA Runner up Glory 6-5

Brian Soldano at Rutgers.  He may be redshirted because they have Poznanski.  A couple of years ago, I thought Poznanski might win it all.

Maybe almost a Beard/Dean thing.  Maybe one grows into 197?

8 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

He is going to represent the Sun Devils at the Pac12’s. 

That’s bold. Prior to last weekend I would have disagreed entirely. I still think Courtney’s a level above and that it’s ultimately his spot to lose, but if Richie goes to Vegas and puts together top 4 finish or so, things get really interesting. 

I think it's strange that everyone seems to think so highly of Swiderski and VanNess (and I agree, they are studs), but they never mention Chance Lamer who beat each of them within the last two years.  How in the world is Chance not getting mentioned among the best Freshman?!?!?  #chancelamer
Lamer vs VanNess: https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6983321-63-kg-5th-place-chance-lamer-poway-elite-vs-shayne-van-ness-blairstown-wrestling-club
Lamer vs Swiderski:  

Because College Wrestling is folk style. It rewards being good on your feet and the mat. Exposures and leg laces don’t get you anything in folk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, Jax said:

Lamer vs Swiderski:  

Chance has only had a few matches thus far, and no high profile opponents.  That will change in two weeks in Vegas.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Sheerstress said:

Chance has only had a few matches thus far, and no high profile opponents.  That will change in two weeks in Vegas.

both Van Ness and Lamars are RS freshman, Casey is a true freshman.....all 3 of them have great careers ahead of them.  Lamars had a nice RS season last year.

• Fire 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:25 AM, Pish said:

Because College Wrestling is folk style. It rewards being good on your feet and the mat. Exposures and leg laces don’t get you anything in folk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you watch the match, aside from the exposure, Lamer scored 3 takedowns to SVN 1 takedown. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

As the officially appointed unofficial 'Master of all that is Mitten' I am telling everyone that Lamer should be in the discussion for potential breakout (nonFYO) frosh.

While I fully believe he could and will pull a high AA off, I understand that he is a frosh and that he needs to earn the respect of the rankers and BBS horde to be considered a real contender.

Why do I understand that?  I am happy you asked that and just as happy to tell you:  He hasn't put together the maths to earn him the distinction of contender yet.  Also, I am not a complete biased dipshit.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

22 hours ago, nhs67 said:

As the officially appointed unofficial 'Master of all that is Mitten' I am telling everyone that Lamer should be in the discussion for potential breakout (nonFYO) frosh

agree.... I have been on the Lamer train for a long time... West is Best. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, MNRodent said:

He will redshirt, but Minnesota's Troy Spratley is 3-0 with all 3 wins against D1 starters (NDSU, SDSU, Binghamton).

He is going to be a good one... Minny will have another good 125 lifer.... now on to the other bookend.