• Playwire Ad Area

Live with Kelly and Mark

Sheerstress

Mark Consuelos having a visible 6 pack through that singlet annoyed me more than it should had.  He is like three years younger than me.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Maybe look at Parris instead...

Parris isn't in his 50s, ~150lbs, and willingly toeing the line against the baddest man in NCAA wrestling this season.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

That was awesome!! Kudos to the show, Kelly and Mark.  Mason too!  Audience is not the typical wrestling fan set.  Great to get some exposure to new folks.  Kept it light and fun.

I happened to be watch her show a number of years ago when when she was with Michael Strahan, when she discussed her son first going out for wrestling in maybe junior high....that episode was good for wrestling too.

• BobDole changed the title to Live with Kelly and Mark
17 hours ago, DJT said:

Lest we forget 😂

This was not Consuelos invoking celebrity privilege.  This was an act very understandable to parents of wrestlers everywhere.  Parents are, in fact, certifiably insane when their children are wrestling and cannot be held accountable for anything they do or say during those 6 minutes.  Theyquickly snap out of it after the final whistle.  I have a very passionate friend who always sat in the first row of the bleachers.  He had a "run out on the mat" incident during one of his sons' intense matches  He jumped up, ran two steps on the mat, then turned right, and ran straight out of the gym as the ref was kicking him out.  For the rest of the season I would gently sit myself next to him when his sons were wrestling, intertwine my leg around his, and make sure he stayed seated for the duration of the match.  I got elbowed, squeezed, and almost head butted as he was shadow wrestling, squirming, and flailing about during the matches.  And each time he looked at me with fire in his eyes and said, "Thanks" as he came back from his Mr. Hyde self.

• Fire 1

Kelly and Mark continue to win me over more and more with each wrestling shout-out/connection. 

If this were Regis and Kathy Lee, Parris would have likely been an afterthought to have as a guest in comparison to the John Cena’s, CM Punks, Randy Orton’s, etc. of the world. Pretty sure at least Regis was a huge WWE guy. 

13 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

This was not Consuelos invoking celebrity privilege.  This was an act very understandable to parents of wrestlers everywhere.  Parents are, in fact, certifiably insane when their children are wrestling and cannot be held accountable for anything they do or say during those 6 minutes. 

However, I do think Consuelos should have been kicked out of the tournament.  His act is simultaneously understandable and unacceptable.  So I guess I contradict myself.  The parent should be held accountable in the moment (ejected from site for the day) but quickly forgiven without any challenge to his character or good intentions.

• Fire 1

That’s a parent being a parent.

Kids were devolving from wrestling to boxing and he’s the parent of one of them. Should he be on the mat? No. But I don’t hold it against him. Kick him out and everyone moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk