• Playwire Ad Area

2023 WTT viewing FAQ

bnwtwg

For those curious

Click here to watch. A FloWrestling subscription is required.

1) How are the mats set up?

Mat 1 Greco, Mat 2 Men's Freestyle, Mat 3 Greco-Roman

2) What does the schedule look like?

True-third matches are the undercard and begin at 12:30 EDT / 9:30 PDT

Best of three matches begin at 2 EDT / 11 PDT.

• Session 1: First matches in each series are scheduled to go 2:00 EDT - 4:30 EDT
  • Intermission: There will be an intermission which is scheduled at the end of round 1. The scheduled time is 4:30 6:00 EDT. I am not aware if there is a hard restart at 6:00 or if there is a hard 90 minute intermission.
  • Session 2: Second and third matches (if necessary) are scheduled for 6:00 - 9:00

3) Are they going in order of weights?

This is still TBD. Match order is scheduled to be released during a Friday press conference and this thread will be updated accordingly.

4) Can I watch on multiple devices?

Unsure at this time. I personally would like to watch on three televisions that each use a seperate Roku stick. Typically I cannot do this for Flo events. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

*You can use a computer to extend to three displays (for three mats) by using three tabs on your web browser.*

image.png.6427645e323287d0768d19787233d125.png

Edited by BobDole
Inserted mat picture due to the 15 minutes of fame being expired
  • Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

For those curious

• Session 1: First matches in each series are scheduled to go 2:00 EDT - 4:30 EDT
  • Intermission: There will be an intermission which is scheduled at the end of round 1. The scheduled time is 4:30 6:00 EDT. I am not aware if there is a hard restart at 6:00 or if there is a hard 90 minute intermission.
  • Session 2: Second and third matches (if necessary) are scheduled for 6:00 - 9:00

This is still TBD. Match order is scheduled to be released during a Friday press conference and this thread will be updated accordingly.

Unsure at this time. I personally would like to watch on three televisions that each use a seperate Roku stick. Typically I cannot do this for Flo events. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

*You can use a computer to extend to three displays (for three mats) by using three tabs on your web browser.*

FRL claimed they are going by weight order.  Obviously this could be changed.

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

FRL claimed they are going by weight order.  Obviously this could be changed.

I was going by a USAW press release on May 23 which stated "Match order will be available by Friday's press event."

A USAW MFS preview on May 29 that I didn't read prior to my post stated "...In weight order, which is how the matches will be conducted at Final X." 

So there is our answer. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I was going by a USAW press release on May 23 which stated "Match order will be available by Friday's press event."

A USAW MFS preview on May 29 that I didn't read prior to my post stated "...In weight order, which is how the matches will be conducted at Final X." 

So there is our answer. 

I never doubted you, just stating what I heard yesterday.

17 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

He keeps doing things like that and he's gonna get a job offer from Flow...

5 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Well that's just mean.

FWIW I have applied and directly reached out multiple times through the years. They have my name, number, and email and even provided a significantly below-market figure that I would accept to grow our sport but I never got a response at any time. So then I started being as snarky as everyone else online.

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

FWIW I have applied and directly reached out multiple times through the years. They have my name, number, and email and even provided a significantly below-market figure that I would accept to grow our sport but I never got a response at any time. So then I started being as snarky as everyone else online.

Perhaps I should have said 'involuntarily drafted by' instead of 'get a job offer' ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Thanks for this @bnwtwg!

I was hoping that they would start 57kg much later in the event, as it would give Gilman a chance to cool down. He always arrives to matches so sweaty. 

It only makes sense to go in weight order, since it looks like the lighter weights have a higher chance of needing match 3's.

• Fire 1

On 6/8/2023 at 7:11 PM, bnwtwg said:

Didn’t @jross do the same with the same result?

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

10 weights per ‘style’ …. Each style has own mat.

2pm to 4:30pm.   2.5 hours?   15 minutes a match?   Too long.  

I hope they don’t have a ton of unneeded dead time between matches.

Doesn’t an average full length match take like 8-10 minutes with replay reviews etc?   Honestly doesn’t seem so bad unless you get a bunch of quick techs

• Fire 1

On 6/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, bnwtwg said:

For those curious

So 12:30 edt but what day?