• Playwire Ad Area

Forecasted Non-Freshman Redshirts

flyingcement

On 6/20/2023 at 10:53 PM, Yankeefan33 said:

Saw this on Flo's Northern Iowa preview, any direct source from wrestler/team? I don't think he has qualified based on USA wrestling's criteria (although they have been unclear in the past). The only criterion he would qualify through is #1, past national team member, but the addendum to that (Top 3 at Senior World Team Trials) makes it clear that means for the US national team. Micic qualified because he won Cadet bronze for the US and then switched nationalities, Amine qualified because he finished top 3 at NCAAs.

Amar Dhesi won a Junior gold medal for Canada in 2014 and Ville Heino represented Finland in 2015- neither took an Olympic redshirt and I never heard either's name as eligible in 2016. Of course USA Wrestling could do their job and list wrestlers who have qualified once they do so, but they unfortunately do not. 

I saw it on Wrestlestat.  

I also saw a new one on there for Lehigh in recent transfer Hunter Mays.  

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Wrestlestat has changed Cooper Flynns status to redshirt for next year.  Given that he already used his regular RS, I guess he is using an Olympic RS?

Perhaps looking to do a Rutgers and use both at 125/133 in the future?  I suppose they could do a lineup bump after Andonian goes, but I assumed Ulrey would slide right in to 157 after that.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 6/21/2023 at 12:53 AM, Yankeefan33 said:

Saw this on Flo's Northern Iowa preview, any direct source from wrestler/team? I don't think he has qualified based on USA wrestling's criteria (although they have been unclear in the past). The only criterion he would qualify through is #1, past national team member, but the addendum to that (Top 3 at Senior World Team Trials) makes it clear that means for the US national team. Micic qualified because he won Cadet bronze for the US and then switched nationalities, Amine qualified because he finished top 3 at NCAAs.

Amar Dhesi won a Junior gold medal for Canada in 2014 and Ville Heino represented Finland in 2015- neither took an Olympic redshirt and I never heard either's name as eligible in 2016. Of course USA Wrestling could do their job and list wrestlers who have qualified once they do so, but they unfortunately do not. 

Realbuto wrestles internationally for Italy.

Kevon Davenport in the portal (again).  Curious the case for entering as well as... whatever other information there is on that.  I honestly hope he can head to Michigan to wrestle with some of his old teammates.  They need a 149lber and I don't know if Mayora or Davenport is better... or if Davenport can even wrestle this next season without some sort of waiver?  Not sure.

• Fire 1

Wrestlestat updated Rutgers to reflect what some rumors on the Scarlet Knights board had suggested earlier this summer.

Anthony Clark will not be taking a redshirt after all - and will be starting at 157, while Tony White will bump up from 149 to 165. Final lineup for Rutgers:

125: Dean Peterson

133: Dylan Shawver

141: Mitch Moore

149: Jacob Butler

157: Andrew Clark

165: Tony White

174: Jackson Turley

184: Brian Soldano

197: John Poznanski

285: Yaraslau Slavikouski

Very solid

Edited by flyingcement
  • Fire 2

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Wrestlestat updated Rutgers to reflect what some rumors on the Scarlet Knights board had suggested earlier this summer.

Anthony Clark will not be taking a redshirt after all - and will be starting at 157, while Tony White will bump up from 149 to 165. Final lineup for Rutgers:

125: Dean Peterson

133: Dylan Shawver

141: Mitch Moore

149: Jacob Butler

157: Andrew Clark

165: Tony White

174: Jackson Turley

184: Brian Soldano

197: John Poznanski

285: Yaraslau Slavikouski

Very solid

Dare I say that is solid 3rd Tier.  Maybe bottom of 3rd tier, but solid, nonetheless.

I don't see my Spartans really contending with that lineup.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Dare I say that is solid 3rd Tier.  Maybe bottom of 3rd tier, but solid, nonetheless.

I don't see my Spartans really contending with that lineup.

Should be a solid dual team with 4 (Peterson, Moore, Soldano, Slav) guys having a shot at low AA. 

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Assuming Starocci comes back, someone from the Haines/Messenbrink/Facundo trio is taking a RS/OLY RS next year.

If Starocci is serious about a 74kg run is it possible that we see him take a OLY RS to shrink his body down?

43 minutes ago, Gus said:

If Starocci is serious about a 74kg run is it possible that we see him take a OLY RS to shrink his body down?

If he was serious he would.  I don't think he has the same definition of serious as we common folk do.

We used to cut a LOT of weight back in the day.  Even then, I wouldn't have cut down to 125 from 134 after wrestling the season at 134.   In fact, I didn't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 12:25 PM, nhs67 said:

If he was serious he would.  I don't think he has the same definition of serious as we common folk do.

We used to cut a LOT of weight back in the day.  Even then, I wouldn't have cut down to 125 from 134 after wrestling the season at 134.   In fact, I didn't.

I wouldn't have cut to 125 either.... especially since the weight class was 126. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

19 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I wouldn't have cut to 125 either.... especially since the weight class was 126. 

134 was weight class then.  57 KG then and now is ~125lbs.  That was why I said 125.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 1:20 PM, flyingcement said:

Logan Messer of George Washington is listed as a redshirt this year.  Started as a true freshman and sophomore racking up a record of 50-18.  Junior year academically will be his redshirt year.  Not sure on the rationale by looking at their roster.

George Mason that is

• Fire 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 3:19 AM, flyingcement said:

Emilio Ysaguirre

Tom Crook

Braxton Amos

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

+

Henry Porter (Indiana)

Cesar Alvan (Columbia)

Matt Singleton (NC State)