141: Jesse Mendez, Carter Young, Joey Olivieri

149: None

157: Andrew Clark

165: None

174: None

184: Deanthony Parker

197: Isaac Trumble

285: None

I would forecast Plott at 174 but I make no guarantees.  

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Letting Facundo bump up to 174. What a team player. 

As much as a turdbiscuit Stalrocci seems on social medias, he has no cloak and dagger, which is quite rare.

If he fully intends to give 74 KG a proper go just a few weeks after next season's tourney then he needs to drop and Oly-shirt.  He has a victory pretty recently over the world ~#9-ish in Nolf.  So he has the tools to make a run if he takes it seriously.

There is no other realistic universe where he competes at as high a level as JB or KD at 74 KG.

Also, Facundo to 174?  Okay.  For it.  PSU still wins it all with Haines, Mesenbrink, and Facundo at 157-174 in whatever order - with ease.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

As much as a turdbiscuit Stalrocci seems on social medias, he has no cloak and dagger, which is quite rare.

If he fully intends to give 74 KG a proper go just a few weeks after next season's tourney then he needs to drop and Oly-shirt.  He has a victory pretty recently over the world ~#9-ish in Nolf.  So he has the tools to make a run if he takes it seriously.

There is no other realistic universe where he competes at as high a level as JB or KD at 74 KG.

Also, Facundo to 174?  Okay.  For it.  PSU still wins it all with Haines, Mesenbrink, and Facundo at 157-174 in whatever order - with ease.

Don't rememeber Star and Nolf wrestling but an impressive win nonetheless. 

27 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Consolations at WTT and at 79kg.

My observation from that match is that Starocci does not need to penetrate deep to get in good position on a leg attack. He had some half penetrations where he barely touched Nolf's leg and he was able to suck in the leg seemingly with ease. Impressive strength.

39 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Consolations at WTT and at 79kg.

That match is a great example of why we have weight classes and why Oly only using 6 classes is asinine.

• Fire 4

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

This is a good call.  I'm curious how it all shakes out in the following season between Paniro, Chittum, and Swiderski 

I already covered this in another thread:

Chittum goes up, sits, or transfers.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I already covered this in another thread:

Chittum goes up, sits, or transfers.

Given that he'll be the biggest of the three and David Carr will graduate/run out of eligibility after the 23-24 season, I'd assume it's the first option. 

25 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Given that he'll be the biggest of the three and David Carr will graduate/run out of eligibility after the 23-24 season, I'd assume it's the first option. 

I always kinda thought Gaitan would move down to 165 when Carr was done, but maybe you guys are right and it's actually Chittum who moves up - given the logjam.  

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Colin Realbuto using an olympic redshirt

Saw this on Flo's Northern Iowa preview, any direct source from wrestler/team? I don't think he has qualified based on USA wrestling's criteria (although they have been unclear in the past). The only criterion he would qualify through is #1, past national team member, but the addendum to that (Top 3 at Senior World Team Trials) makes it clear that means for the US national team. Micic qualified because he won Cadet bronze for the US and then switched nationalities, Amine qualified because he finished top 3 at NCAAs.

Amar Dhesi won a Junior gold medal for Canada in 2014 and Ville Heino represented Finland in 2015- neither took an Olympic redshirt and I never heard either's name as eligible in 2016. Of course USA Wrestling could do their job and list wrestlers who have qualified once they do so, but they unfortunately do not. 

• Fire 3