• Playwire Ad Area

Oklahoma State 2023-24, 2024-25

nhs67

2 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Plott following McNeil I guess.

Doesn’t that show the most recent follows first though?   So basically he just did it, which does seem a little questionable, and also funny that he did it before Scott has even been announced.

• Fire 1

36 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Doesn’t that show the most recent follows first though?   So basically he just did it, which does seem a little questionable, and also funny that he did it before Scott has even been announced.

You probably know better than I. I'm not hip to how X or Twitter works. 

• Fire 1

On 8/20/2023 at 6:24 AM, MPhillips said:

Plott following McNeil I guess.

Kleuver was posting during the end of last year - that it is easy to see who is going to transfer a couple months ahead of time, by tracking new follows on social media by coaching staff of those teams considered to be "transfer portal predators"

See above. It ain't real until it's real. And there are steps between accepting a job and finalizing an employment contract. Administration runs the show when it comes to the timing of highly visible public announcements. I know coaches usually are a catch-all for blame but in this case it's literally how the organization works. Heck the coaches' excitement is probably what leaked the news in the first place.

5 hours ago, alex1fly said:

See above. It ain't real until it's real. And there are steps between accepting a job and finalizing an employment contract. Administration runs the show when it comes to the timing of highly visible public announcements. I know coaches usually are a catch-all for blame but in this case it's literally how the organization works. Heck the coaches' excitement is probably what leaked the news in the first place.

The school didn’t have to officially announce it right away but I don’t see why they needed to demand retractions from reporters about it

Edited by 1032004

Decent discussion about this on FRL today.  Basically they found old salaries for Espo and Scott and several years back Espo was making a higher salary than Scott, so he could have actually gotten a pay increase despite the increase in title (and going to a lower COL area).

Consensus was he’s not guaranteed the job when Smith leaves, but it gives him a leg up.  They didn’t really get too much into what they thought the timeline for Smith leaving was, but did point out that he’s “only” 58, so isn’t really THAT old.

On 8/16/2023 at 7:57 AM, nhs67 said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night, bud.

OSU still has some work to get rid of the toxicity the Focus twins left on the program.

They will be fine.  Just not right now.

which of those wrestlers is Beric beating?  I'll wait for your answer

1 hour ago, Cowboy08 said:

which of those wrestlers is Beric beating?  I'll wait for your answer

Where did I ever say he was beating any of them?

Also, doesn't Jordan have high school shit left to do?  Why are you dogging on a 16 year old?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

26 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Today's fresh released D1 rankings for Intermat here.  184 #4 is Plott.

Interesting... if Plott is a full sized 184 he would be on a short list of title contenders with Keck, Truax, Munoz... I do not foresee him breaking into the top 3 at 174 with Starr, Foca & Lewis so this might be the best move for him. Would have to think that Wittlake would go down to 174 if Plott goes up. Wittlake would be in the AA mix at 174. 

59 minutes ago, Gus said:

Interesting... if Plott is a full sized 184 he would be on a short list of title contenders with Keck, Truax, Munoz... I do not foresee him breaking into the top 3 at 174 with Starr, Foca & Lewis so this might be the best move for him. Would have to think that Wittlake would go down to 174 if Plott goes up. Wittlake would be in the AA mix at 174. 

This doubly tells us tuat Plott has Olympic aspirations and intends to go 86 KG as well as he is winning in the room.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me