• Playwire Ad Area

Oklahoma State 2023-24, 2024-25

nhs67

2 hours ago, alex1fly said:

Word on the street is that Okie State has raised $7 million for a new facility. Not bad for the first 4 months of fundraising. 

Considering O'Brate baseball stadium was ~$70M and they got $35M from Cecil I'd say they've got a ways to go.  They need to identify the individual guy (or gal) whose gonna do the $20M, maybe thats you?  🙂

59 minutes ago, ionel said:

Considering O'Brate baseball stadium was ~$70M and they got $35M from Cecil I'd say they've got a ways to go.  They need to identify the individual guy (or gal) whose gonna do the $20M, maybe thats you?  🙂

As long as they shape the new facility to look like my face.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, flyingcement said:

This JJ McComas looks like one to keep an eye on for the Cowboys perhaps

McComas is tough, Walker knocked him off twice last year.  Gonna be fun to watch 6A this year again in Oklahoma. 126 could be REALLY good in Oklahoma if the kids I think are gonna be there. JJ will more than likely end up at 132, Walker will be 126...but who knows. Donnell will be 126. 

(Gage Walker going for his 4th this year, committed to Mizzu) 

• Fire 1

Saw a tweet that Sammy Alvarez will wrestle 65kg for Puerto Rico in u23 worlds in Finland.  65 kg is 143.3 pounds.  I have heard weigh in rules are easier for freestyle than NCAA.  Does that mean Alvarez goes 149 for OSU given his past weight problems or that he can get that close to 141 does that mean he goes 141?

Any opinions?  If I had to guess (and it is a guess) I would say he goes 149 (same as Williams who made 65kg for freestyle) with loser of those tow to compete with Mirzo at 157.  Also means Alvarez is training hard.  Given his talent, he may be nice surprise for the Pokes.

• Fire 1

52 minutes ago, Michael Moran said:

Saw a tweet that Sammy Alvarez will wrestle 65kg for Puerto Rico in u23 worlds in Finland.  65 kg is 143.3 pounds.  I have heard weigh in rules are easier for freestyle than NCAA.  Does that mean Alvarez goes 149 for OSU given his past weight problems or that he can get that close to 141 does that mean he goes 141?

Any opinions?  If I had to guess (and it is a guess) I would say he goes 149 (same as Williams who made 65kg for freestyle) with loser of those tow to compete with Mirzo at 157.  Also means Alvarez is training hard.  Given his talent, he may be nice surprise for the Pokes.

I think yes - Jamison at 141 and Alvarez to 149 provided he can take Jordan Williams (I think he can)

I have wanted Alvarez to 149 since he couldn't suck to 133 and said he 'needed to grow in to 141' in some interview shortly afterwards.  My thinking was if he wanted to grow, he needed to go 149 at the lowest.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Ok, I think you guys know more than I do.   What are your projections for Jamison and Alvarez at NCAAs next year.  My WAG is Jamison is around 4th.   Alvarez is real wildcard, as I could see him anywhere from finalist to 8th.

141 has Alvarez (CSU), Woods, and Bartlett and then next 10 guys pretty close.

149 has Sasso, Lovett, and a bunch of guys who could do really well.

47 minutes ago, Michael Moran said:

Ok, I think you guys know more than I do.   What are your projections for Jamison and Alvarez at NCAAs next year.  My WAG is Jamison is around 4th.   Alvarez is real wildcard, as I could see him anywhere from finalist to 8th.

141 has Alvarez (CSU), Woods, and Bartlett and then next 10 guys pretty close.

149 has Sasso, Lovett, and a bunch of guys who could do really well.

Really tough to predict given I haven't seen much of Jamison at this level in folkstyle, but sounds like he was doing very well in the Minnesota room.  AA sounds very possible. 4th could be tough with others like Brock Hardy lurking but certainly not unrealistic.

Alvarez is difficult to predict given his change in weight class or potentially two.  Some guys are able to pull that off and others aren't.  Talented enough to be in the convo for AA but for me, finalist would be somewhat surprising.  

13 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Mendez off the redshirt or Jordan Decatur for one last hurrah?

I'm more certain of the RS than I am Sasso to 157, but TR has mentioned 157 the last two interviews and didn't have a Mendez answer.

If I knew anything I'd be rich...

• Fire 1