• Playwire Ad Area

Angelo Ferrari set to announce "commitment" [sic] on May 31

10 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

spacer.png

Whenever I read her comments (or the fake ones), I hear her voice in my head where every sentence ends with upward inflection and sounds like a question. I think the parody account got shut down. Too bad. Her real account is still pretty funny, though. Scary, but funny.

Edited by DJT

23 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Really?  What was Haines final ranking as a senior and who is the #1 he majored two years later?  He just finished his true freshman season, correct?

I suppose it is possible...

He was #12 per Intermat when he committed and beat the tar out of #1 Paddy Gallagher at the PSU-tOSU dual, 14-2.

Edited by Le duke

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He was #12 per Intermat when he committed and beat the tar out of #1 Paddy Gallagher at the PSU-tOSU dual. 

Not exactly fair. Cael absolutely has his pick of the litter at the moment.

#12 when he committed as a junior.  Made a cadet team.  Took senior year off.  Worked out with NLWC.  Won two college tournaments.  That ranking was not exactly a reflection of what he would be as a senior.  Is this a fair statement?

Did they redo rankings his senior year?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

26 minutes ago, DJT said:

spacer.png

Whenever I read her comments (or the fake ones), I hear her voice in my head where every sentence ends with upward inflection and sounds like a question. I think the parody account got shut down. Too bad. Her real account is still pretty funny, though. Scary, but funny.

Uptalking.

I hate that.

When my girls started doing that in middle school there was much mockery until it quit.

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He was #12 per Intermat when he committed and beat the tar out of #1 Paddy Gallagher at the PSU-tOSU dual, 14-2.

I think you mean his win over Gallagher at the Edinboro Open in 2022 (when Haines was in high school), not his win in the dual this year.

8 minutes ago, BAC said:

I think you mean his win over Gallagher at the Edinboro Open in 2022 (when Haines was in high school), not his win in the dual this year.

Might want to double check that statement. Examine February 3rd, 2023.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/72657/haines-levi/profile

The original statement wanted to know about a #10 recruit (or, >#10, in this case) who majored a #1 recruit two years later. This is that exact scenario. He was #12 when he committed and beat the tar out of Gallagher, a #1, two seasons later.

Edited by Le duke

27 minutes ago, Le duke said:

The original statement wanted to know about a #10 recruit (or, >#10, in this case) who majored a #1 recruit two years later. This is that exact scenario. He was #12 when he committed and beat the tar out of Gallagher, a #1, two seasons later.

But the point is... he wasn't really the #12 recruit when he graduated from high school.  His junior year, with a very incomplete picture of exactly how good he was, saw him ranked #12.  If they ranked him as a senior, I'm sure that he was much higher.

16 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Oh OK, I didn't really follow the prior comments, was only reacting to yours, whose wording implied (to me) that he (Haines) was still in high school when he majored Gallagher.  I think I follow you now... carry on.  

22 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

But the point is... he wasn't really the #12 recruit when he graduated from high school.  His junior year, with a very incomplete picture of exactly how good he was, saw him ranked #12.  If they ranked him as a senior, I'm sure that he was much higher.

Flo had Haines at #13 p4p as a senior and Paddy at #3 p4p as a senior

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, Gus said:

Flo had Haines at #13 p4p as a senior and Paddy at #3 p4p as a senior

Thanks.  Not to mention, our own resident LeDuke knew that Haines was quite underrated as a junior.  After his success in college opens as a high school senior, he promoted Haines ability to the extent that he earned the nickname "Mrs. Haines."  In all fairness, young Levi turned out to be almost as good as LeDuke hyped him up to be.  But after his college level success as a senior, there's no way he was "only." #12 (or 13).

7 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Uh, sure bro...

Look again, the Spencer part was a response to you.

The other part was a response to DJT. 

You seem to think the response to DJT was directed at you?

BAHAHA.... yes, because your answer was to me... if you wanted to respond to DJT you actually quote him and put the response....not me. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

14 minutes ago, Idaho said:

BAHAHA.... yes, because your answer was to me... if you wanted to respond to DJT you actually quote him and put the response....not me. 

There we go again dragging me into it…

I didn’t say anything about Spencer Lee. If I had, it would’ve been that TNT crippled the future face of USA Wrestling for one measly team championship. Had Spencer went to PSU, Carl would’ve put his health first, and he’d probably have as many World Titles as NCAA titles right now.

(I may be trolling, but there is at least a hint of truth to it. 🤷🏻‍♂️)

26 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Bro, you need to lay off the sauce.

As previously stated, the first part of my post was a response to you about Spencer.  You are correct there.

You then went off the rails and quoted my response to DJT (which is the last post on page 6) and acted like I was responding to you.  Check it... last post on page 6.  You took it as a response to you, it wasn't...  Clearly to The Donald:

9 hours ago, DJT said:

I'm in no way a PSU fan, but if you are attacking the wrestling program based on Sandusky/Paterno, you're being disingenuous, at best. If that's on the table, then Iowa wrestling can be criticized for racial and sexual discrimination and harassment lawsuits and getting sued for not paying its utility bills.

A. Hamilton: Talk about disingenuous!  Do some research! PSU athletics have had their share of racial incidents in recent years and also has the most pathetic numbers for Title IX compliance in the Big 10.  They are ranked 14th in discrepancy between male and female athletes!   That is a lawsuit waiting to be lost.

Here you are hours later, claiming it was a response to you.  Some real NJ Dan stuff going on!  

I can't help you any further, bro.

10 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Spencer Lee issues?

PSU clean hands? 🤣

Idaho: Nobody was criticizing the handling of Lee ? Ok

Other than the Long incident from 11 years ago, what issues  has PSU wrestling been involved in?  Seems Iowa has had more issues in the last 2 months, from Bob to gambling , than PSU has had in the last 12 years. 

9 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Talk about disingenuous!  Do some research! PSU athletics have had their share of racial incidents in recent years and also has the most pathetic numbers for Title IX compliance in the Big 10.  They are ranked 14th in discrepancy between male and female athletes!   That is a lawsuit waiting to be lost.

Idaho: PSU athletics..... wrestling? What does male -female discrepancy have to do with the wrestling program? My earlier post was about wrestling...not the athletic departments. wrestling coaches have no bearing over that. That would be like lumping brands in with a cross country scandal. 

11 hours ago, Idaho said:

Why would he want him when he can take the #10 recruit, develop him into a machine, then major a #1 recruit 2 years later?  It's not like there is a lot separating the top recruits and everyone knows PSU is going to out develop Iowa. Let's see.... Spencer Lee issues, gambling, Chittum up and leaving .... seems that Iowa has been swirled in controversy for awhile, yet PSU is keeping their hands clean. Why would Carl want that disaster when he just brought in Messenbrink? I'm a non-fan of both teams, but he proof is the pudding.  

Name one time cael has developed a lower tiered guy to major a number 1. You're creating scenarios that do not exist.

Name one time cael has developed a lower tiered guy to major a number 1. You're creating scenarios that do not exist.

The scenario he described in the post you quoted literally happened last year, as described above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/1/2023 at 6:25 PM, ionel said:

Will the entire Ferrari clan be moving to Iowa City?

Will the new interim AD Beth Goetz specifically have her eye on this time bomb?

Will Iowa impose similar safe guards or even over and above what OSU implemented?

What's your favorite brand of popcorn? 🍿 

Iowa City has plenty of space in the trailer parks so the whole Clan will fit right in.

Goetz will be hawking "AJ Flex" T-shirts at the dual meets.

Iowa has Safeguards - flood and fire and hail insurance - why worry about wrestlers?

SkinnyGirl popcorn. Helps keep the girlish figure.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

14 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

What does this have to do with a scandal of any sort?  What handling of Lee are you talking about?  How is media/fan questioning of decision that were probably made by the athlete or his family a scandal of any sort?

Lee Lost & wussed out.

Then ran away and hid from Suriano in Freestyle.

• Haha 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

5 hours ago, Le duke said:

The scenario he described in the post you quoted literally happened last year, as described above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cael getting credit for developing high school kids now, wow he really is a magician

• Fire 1