• Playwire Ad Area

Daton Fix = HEW? Injury?

8 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

These are the deep insights I expect from someone who calls it the "women's style". Thanks.

Any “insights” on the women’s style or the men’s would be wasted on someone who doesn’t respect either…

You will let us know when a world medal is worthy of acknowledgement, yes?

1 minute ago, LJB said:

Any “insights” on the women’s style or the men’s would be wasted on someone who doesn’t respect either…

You will let us know when a world medal is worthy of acknowledgement, yes?

I get the schtick. It's easier to be snarky.

Daton Fix was/is a world-class wrestler. A world medal is a great accomplishment regardless of the circumstances. 

What I take exception to is using it as the basis of the argument that his performance has not been impacted by PEDs. He should have been on an upward trajectory, not peaking at 20. The eye test by me and others says he was better in 2019. That leaves one to speculate in light of his USADA violation. 

You like this pigsty well enough, how about some pearls for us swine?

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

I get the schtick. It's easier to be snarky.

Daton Fix was/is a world-class wrestler. A world medal is a great accomplishment regardless of the circumstances. 

What I take exception to is using it as the basis of the argument that his performance has not been impacted by PEDs. He should have been on an upward trajectory, not peaking at 20. The eye test by me and others says he was better in 2019. That leaves one to speculate in light of his USADA violation. 

You like this pigsty well enough, how about some pearls for us swine?

You don’t read so good…

no matter…

swine deserve slop, yes?

pigs piglets GIF by The Dodo

7 hours ago, LJB said:

It will never cease to be amusing to me when anonymous internet nobodies talk any world medal down…

I watched you talk down Spencer’s world medals. Especially because it looked like he went the weight Fix wasn’t at. The difference this time is that it’s someone you have a bias for rather than against 

1 minute ago, Formally140 said:

I watched you talk down Spencer’s world medals. Especially because it looked like he went the weight Fix wasn’t at. The difference this time is that it’s someone you have a bias for rather than against 

i did not talk down lee's world medals at all...

he lost to fix at 55kg and then was forced to cut 20+lbs to go to 50kg...

i said he looked as bad as anyone i have ever seen doing that and people here poo pooed that because they just could not believe it was true...

it 100% was true and by his own admission...

no one who has ever medaled at 50kg juniors has ever medaled at any weight in seniors...

it is a weight class that does not even exist and for a reason...

quit being salty and making up sh!t...

it is not a great look no matter how many times we have to see it...

5 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

Pot meet kettle...

Glass houses, stones...

if you really believed your own silliness you would not have pulled a crawdaddy from your original poo post minutes later...

29 minutes ago, LJB said:

no one who has ever medaled at 50kg juniors has ever medaled at any weight in seniors...

it is a weight class that does not even exist and for a reason...

It will never cease to be amusing to me when non-anonymous internet nobodies talk any world medal down…

8 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

A 2021 World silver immediately after the Olympics in a non-Olympic weight? Who did he beat?

minutes later...

6 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

A world medal is a great accomplishment regardless of the circumstances. 

Beer Ok GIF by Busch

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LJB said:

has anyone who medaled at 50kg juniors ever medaled at any senior weight?

I agree a 50 kg medal is not as impressive as a medal at one of the more competitive U20 weights. Similar to how Fix's 2021 World medal is not comparable to a typical World medal at an Olympic weight in a non-Olympic year.

• Fire 1

Just now, Theo Brixton said:

I agree a 50 kg medal is not as impressive as a medal at one of the more competitive U20 weights. Similar to how Fix's 2021 World medal is not comparable to a typical World medal at an Olympic weight in a non-Olympic year.

has anyone who medaled at 50kg juniors ever medaled at any senior weight?

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

minutes later...

Beer Ok GIF by Busch

You seem to have issues with basic logic. I guess you let your emotions get the best of you defending "your boy". I get it, your'e a loyal friend. I am sure Daton and Derek appreciate it.

The following statements can be true simultaneously:

I think Fix is a great wrestler.

I think Fix medaled at a watered-down weight in 2021. Regardless, I think it is a great accomplishment.

I think Fix was better in 2019 than 2021.

I also think Fix cheated and should have been forced to sit out 2021.

Edited by Theo Brixton
typo

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think it’s fair to speculate about if the Ostarine had any impact.  Although my understanding was it was more for weight cutting wasn’t it?  So if he’s not cutting to 57 anymore, may not have much impact.

Let's see next year.

Just now, Theo Brixton said:

You seem to have issues with basic logic. I guess you let your emotions get the best of you defending "your boy". I get it, your'e a loyal friend. I am sure Daton and Derek appreciate it.

All these can be simultaneously be true:

I think Fix is a great wrestler.

I think Fix medaled at a watered-down weight in 2021. Regardless, I think it is a great accomplishment.

I think Fix was better in 2019 than 2021.

I also think Fix cheated and should have been forced to sit out 2021.

basic logic?

you wrote the things i quoted...

you pulled a crawdaddy when called out on it...

then also used your own interpretation to claim things i said that i did not...

again...

adorable...

and to be fair, i went back and looked at who fix beat in '21 because i did not watch it at all because by that time i was pretty much done with the women's style...

he beat Harutyunyan in the semis...

it seems to me that anonymous internet nobodies really do not have any clue how hard wrestling really is...

it seems to me that anonymous internet nobodies really do not have any clue how hard it is to even get a chance to represent your country internationally...

it seems to me that anonymous internet nobodies really do not have any clue how big a deal it is to wrestle internationally with a USA on your chest...

again...

you guys are adorable...

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

this is a situation of nashon garret being just that dude.......he is the next world medalist to surprise people

Athlete wise, he has the most potential we've seen sine jordan burroughs.

Garrett has what fix doesn't have, an ability to get to the leg, a supremely better upside potential then fix

Garrett has more offensive and defensive potential and god given talent then vito for both it's about being stronger in the middle of the mat, smarter, tougher.

i will be be betting on garret to take out vito

What would possibly make you say that Nashon has more "God-given talent" than Vito?  Vito's dad is a world champ, his mom was an Olympian, and he has been more successful in age group events throughout his career.

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think it’s fair to speculate about if the Ostarine had any impact.  Although my understanding was it was more for weight cutting wasn’t it?  So if he’s not cutting to 57 anymore, may not have much impact.

Helps to maintain or even build strength when dropping weight.  May increase fat loss.  Prevents muscle wasting.

54 minutes ago, LJB said:

it seems to me that anonymous internet nobodies really do not have any clue how hard wrestling really is...

it seems to me that anonymous internet nobodies really do not have any clue how hard it is to even get a chance to represent your country internationally...

it seems to me that anonymous internet nobodies really do not have any clue how big a deal it is to wrestle internationally with a USA on your chest...

again...

you guys are adorable...

lol no one is saying that Fix is bad or that he isn’t world class.   But is he not wrestling at the same level he was in the past? He may have finished second in the world but he also finished 4th in the NCAA.  And I don’t want to hear any stallfest jokes because he can be a big staller at times

9 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Helps to maintain or even build strength when dropping weight.  May increase fat loss.  Prevents muscle wasting.

and carries a 4 year ban...

fix only received a one year ban because the levels he popped for were consistent with an accidental ingestion...

every individual has to take that for what it's worth to them...

Just now, 1032004 said:

lol no one is saying that Fix is bad or that he isn’t world class.   But is he not wrestling at the same level he was in the past? He may have finished second in the world but he also finished 4th in the NCAA.  And I don’t want to hear any stallfest jokes because he can be a big staller at times

wrestling is hard...

people do not stay at the same level as in the past or the future...

there are circumstances with every athlete that nobody outside of their inner circle have any clue about...

making broad statements anonymously on the internet about things you (hypothetical) have absolutely no knowledge of is what i take issue with...