• Playwire Ad Area

World Team Trials

19 minutes ago, de4856 said:

I get that some of these other guys had performances that they didn’t want, but Fix is a World Silver medalist and this will be the 2nd year in a row that he doesn’t make the team. 

How do you think Colon feels.

Will Cox have had a bad performance if he loses to Snyder?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

What did Zahid weigh at the scales yesterday morning? Even with his signature lack-of-cardio puffy appearance, he looked pretty small for 92.

Edit: watched his post-match interview where he said he weighed in at 195 pounds/89kg. He didn't look that big to be honest. I am surprised he walks around above 186ish even as tall as he is.

Edited by bnwtwg

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

How do you think Colon feels.

Will Cox have had a bad performance if he loses to Snyder?

I’m sure Colon feels bad like Gwizz. However even though Colon had a tremendous World tournament when he won his World Bronze, he did get in as an alternate. Does that make a difference in his mind, I doubt it. 
As for Cox vs Snyder, Snyder has been holding the advantage over Cox, and SnyderMan is a World and Olympic Champ, the guys Fix lost to weren’t. Anyway we’ll see how things work out here in a month. 

3 hours ago, de4856 said:

I’m sure Colon feels bad like Gwizz. However even though Colon had a tremendous World tournament when he won his World Bronze, he did get in as an alternate. Does that make a difference in his mind, I doubt it. 
As for Cox vs Snyder, Snyder has been holding the advantage over Cox, and SnyderMan is a World and Olympic Champ, the guys Fix lost to weren’t. Anyway we’ll see how things work out here in a month. 

Well Gwiazdowski lost to a guy who isn't a Worlds or Olympic medalist.  He must surely feel worse because he has more Worlds medals than Fix.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Well Gwiazdowski lost to a guy who isn't a Worlds or Olympic medalist.  He must surely feel worse because he has more Worlds medals than Fix.

Yeah maybe, but Gwizz has lost to Parris before. Anyway, I guess my question is, does Gwizz call it a career or does he hang in there for 2024. 

8 hours ago, de4856 said:

Yeah maybe, but Gwizz has lost to Parris before. Anyway, I guess my question is, does Gwizz call it a career or does he hang in there for 2024. 

Assuming good health, I would guess he's around for the 2024 cycle, at least. He's only 30 years old and is a quality 125kg. 

I think he's the third-best in the US behind Gable and Parris, but he's only outclassed by Gable (like all the US HWTs are). If Gable calls it a career after 2024, Gwiz is 100% in the mix for the spot, even if he isn't the favorite. 

He's a competitive guy, like everyone at that level. He just has to decide how much he wants to grind for a spot he's unlikely to win. It's a mental competition for him. If he thinks he can do it, he'll keep going. If he has doubts, he'll likely retire after the next Olympic cycle. 

• Fire 1