• Playwire Ad Area

World Team Trials

9 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

what time do the finals start?  I thought it was at 4 EST

6:00 PM - US Eastern

4:00 PM - US Mountain (local time)

It has been underway for about twenty minutes.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

So what True 3rd matches will we see?

Fot Men's Freestyle today we should see Fox VS Desanto at 61 KG and Moore VS Jackson at 92 KG.  Gwiaz beat Bradley today, so no True 3rd there (badly want to see Hendrickson and Gwiaz... complete opposite styles).

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

So what True 3rd matches will we see?

Fot Men's Freestyle today we should see Fox VS Desanto at 61 KG and Moore VS Jackson at 92 KG.  Gwiaz beat Bradley today, so no True 3rd there (badly want to see Hendrickson and Gwiaz... complete opposite styles).

57 KG - Comacho VS Suriano

61 KG - Desanto VS Foc

65 KG - Kolodzik VS McKenna

70 KG - Pantaleo VS Sasso

74 KG - O'Toole VS Joseph

79 KG - McFadden VS Dieringer

86 KG - ??? Zahid went up and was supposed to have a true 3rd with Hall... does that mean Hall is now 3rd on the ladder by default?

92 KG - Jackson VS Moore

125 KG - No true 3rd - Gwiazdowski is 3rd outright

Bad day for Fix, I wonder if whatever injury he had that prevented him from entering the Open was still hindering him. Also Kollin Moore with his arm and leg wrapped, I have to think that he wasn’t 100% either. 

8 hours ago, de4856 said:

Bad day for Fix, I wonder if whatever injury he had that prevented him from entering the Open was still hindering him. Also Kollin Moore with his arm and leg wrapped, I have to think that he wasn’t 100% either. 

Fix was the three seed and got second.  He improved on his seed, so I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad day.  Gross had a bad day.  2nd seed to DNP at WTT.

Moore and Jackson both dropped a placement from their seeds, with one losing to the 7th seed.  Being as one was rather injured, I think the other had the worse day (Jackson).

Kollin Moore is the current embodiment of the wrestling universe's little brother and I feel for that dude. Other than Kyle Conel's no good very bad weekend and covid stealing his senior year when he was finally going to get his shine, Moore has only been behind some real hammers in Cox, Nickal, Snyder, now Zahid... 

i am an idiot on the internet

Good morning y'all.  Watchin' un wrastlin' this fine mornin.'

Them two fellas Hendrickson and Parris left it all on the mat. They were pantin' like a pair of worn-out mules, but boy, did they give us a show! It was a ruckus that'd make your mama's heart skip a beat and your grandpappy holler "Yeehaw!" from the front porch.

• Fire 1

Did Moore watch the tape on Valencia?  Valencia is a first-period virtuoso with slick take-downs and savvy finishes.  Down a few points, Moore was too eager to seize the moment and attacked when he should have defended.  If he bides his time into the second period, his endurance and skill would win the match.

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, jross said:

I love watching NG wrestle and his spirit of resilience.  Congrats to him for the dominance from start to finish... 

When he runs into Vito he's going to look flat as the earth

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Fix was the three seed and got second.  He improved on his seed, so I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad day. 

I get that some of these other guys had performances that they didn’t want, but Fix is a World Silver medalist and this will be the 2nd year in a row that he doesn’t make the team. 

Just now, de4856 said:

I get that some of these other guys had performances that they didn’t want, but Fix is a World Silver medalist and this will be the 2nd year in a row that he doesn’t make the team. 

wrestling is really hard...