• Playwire Ad Area

Cat fights and purse slapping over on the Iowa Board

PSUSMC

3 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Cover four full years and that's well over $10M.  WE ARE talking some serious baller status here!!!

You'd have to ask Bob Nicolls.  One of his talking points 

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

13 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

You'd have to ask Bob Nicolls.  One of his talking points 

I took that as simply an unsubstantiated/unverifiable counterstrike to Mineo's similar releases of Iowa NIL offers.

Iowa posters complained why only their offer numbers are leaked, further asserting they are incorrect amounts inflated and released for dishonorable purposes.

Some Iowa fans take offense to those posts, the credibility they appear to be given, and associated half-life, given Mineo's reach.

Saying $30K/mo is standard and allowing some audience participation by doing the math and comparing to Iowa's reported NIL offer to Nagao seems to me an excellent troll job.

Bob is on record that he doesn't shy away from a street fight and to some degree enjoys it.  It all makes perfect sense to me.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

3 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Bob is on record that he doesn't shy away from a street fight and to some degree enjoys it.  It all makes perfect sense to me.

Bob is embarrassing your program

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

He’s now stating, without proof (and demanding counter evidence to prove it is NOT happening) that PSU wrestlers are getting paid 30k/month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how he claims Nagao got more from PSU when Nagao explicitly said he didn’t take the highest offer (edit: although guess in theory the highest offer could have come from someone besides Iowa or PSaU)

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I like how he claims Nagao got more from PSU when Nagao explicitly said he didn’t take the highest offer (edit: although guess in theory the highest offer could have come from someone besides Iowa or PSaU)

There's a couple places halfway in between been throwing around a lot of coin.

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

You don't get it man. Bob is in a street fight against the dark forces. It's all one big conspiracy to fund the Mormon church.  Cael collects money from the donors and also takes a cut from his wrestlers NIL deals.  The money then gets deposited into an account at Zion Bank in Salt Lake City.  Cael gets his cut but to cover any paper trails $9k is withdrawn at a time in cash.  The bundles of money are then bundled up and flown back on a Cessna that lands on a donors air strip on private property just outside of Bellefonte 

Nagao also said he didn't plan to transfer after NCAA and then just woke up one day and wanted to test it out, but "no one offered him a bag" to go into the portal and that wasn't his motivation.  However, he ended up accepting a lucrative (even if not the highest) NIL deal and discussed $$ on his visits.  Funny how that works out.  

There hasn't been one transfer to yet come out and say "I transferred to this school because they offered me the most NIL money" 

Brooks keeps saying he might not come back next year.  Does anyone really think he is debating what classes to take next year and not using it as leverage to get a bigger NIL deal?  Or that 4 AAs just transferred to Michigan because the weather is so good in Ann Arbor during wrestling season?

Let's not be naive, money plays a big factor, and likely the biggest factor, even if kids don't feel comfortable admitting it publicly.

And to be clear, I am happy for all these guys for maximizing their value when possible and getting paid.  I am also fine with them down playing the money and claiming it was for the education, fit, culture, whatever.  I just take any quote they give with a grain of salt.

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yes but I doubt Michigan or tOSU would've been that hard after Nagao.

Why?? Do you think they wanted Cannon more?  They were clearing in the 133 market.

Edited by Dogbone

28 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Nagao also said he didn't plan to transfer after NCAA and then just woke up one day and wanted to test it out, but "no one offered him a bag" to go into the portal and that wasn't his motivation. 

well that would be against the rules and we know no one is breaking the rules!

• Fire 1

Big update.  They may have had their Eureka moment.  Common Sense says yes.  But I say most likely not

bluroptimo

HR MVP

After 56 pages here's what I think I know:

Ferrari's develop a connection to Iowa through a donor. Donor becomes involved in wooing Ferrari's to IC. Ferrari's start to look like they're Iowa bound. This catches a number of people off guard. Questions are raised about what's going on in IC, who's steering the ship. Truth comes out about what's going on in IC when Anthony gets stopped at admissions but its too late bc nervous types have already had too much of the Ferrari red carpet, they're out, and we're stuck with a 56 page thread that reads like the lost season of Jersey Shore.

• image.gif.8a18cc632fb95d52259b305cab4b6c2d.gif
 Reactions:el dub

Nagao has a vested interest in saying he didn't take the highest offer from a reputation perspective.  That said, I doesn't mean it's not true.  As I've stated,  I don't doubt people might take a discount to go to Penn state at this point. Man....Nicolls.

Russian Reaction GIF

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Nagao has a vested interest in saying he didn't take the highest offer from a reputation perspective.  That said, I doesn't mean it's not true.  As I've stated,  I don't doubt people might take a discount to go to Penn state at this point. Man....Nicolls.

Russian Reaction GIF

Welcome to Bag Man: Wrestling Edition. This has been happening for decades in FB, MBB, and WBB caught up about 12-14 years ago.

BN isn't the only one though - look no further than Oklahoma, another [formerly?] prestigious school that was caught up in a massive changing of the guard.

ETA: I am agreeing with your take. Some will choose the best program, some will choose the most money.

Edited by bnwtwg

i am an idiot on the internet