• Playwire Ad Area

who beat Demetrious Johnson in high school? he was runner up in WA state tourney senior year.

Bardamu911

shot in the dark here but does anyone know how to learn who defeated DJ in the WA state tournament? he was 3rd his junior year and runner up his senior year? Just curious about who they are, if they went on to have a college career, and what it's like having (on top of a high school state championship) a pretty badass claim to fame. I was reading an article about a guy who beat Jon Jones in high school and it got me wondering. Thanks!!

Might have been Nathan Decker - I thought Kirk White but that would have been too early. 

Washington has a pretty extensive website - Washington wrestling report - you could look there. 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Is there a Sunnyside HS in WA?  Contradiction in terms.

haha... Yes.... on the highway between Yakima and Tri-Cities...not the rainy part of Washington

• Fire 1

This is true.   My dad took me, my brother, and my friend to Sunnyside to watch the total solar eclipse in late 1970s.  We skipped school that day and my dad, unbelievably, went for it.   If we had stayed just outside seattle, we would never have seen it.   It was fantastic.   So when the last one happened a few years ago, I took my family to my brother's place in Boise and then we went to a place where there would not be crowds of people and had another fantastic time watching the eclipse.   Planning on going to TX or thereabouts in 2024 for the next one. 

mspart

On 5/17/2023 at 8:55 PM, Idaho said:

haha... Yes.... on the highway between Yakima and Tri-Cities...not the rainy part of Washington

I moved to the Seattle area in June and I've been told the east half of the state has sun.  I have yet to confirm it. 

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

I moved to the Seattle area in June and I've been told the east half of the state has sun.  I have yet to confirm it. 

Haha.... it does in fact have sun... If you stay in Seattle long enough you will get your quota of  67.8  minutes of sunshine per year. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Haha.... it does in fact have sun... If you stay in Seattle long enough you will get your quota of  67.8  minutes of sunshine per year. 

Who wants to stay they're that long? 2 days in a row and I'm ready to head back over the mountains lol.

37 minutes ago, DPJ said:

Who wants to stay they're that long? 2 days in a row and I'm ready to head back over the mountains lol.

Agree 100%.... you can only step on so much human feces before you head home and buy new shoes. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

Agree 100%.... you can only step on so much human feces before you head home and buy new shoes. 

If you like the smell of pot and piss Seattle is the place to be!

19 hours ago, mspart said:

This is true.   My dad took me, my brother, and my friend to Sunnyside to watch the total solar eclipse in late 1970s.  We skipped school that day and my dad, unbelievably, went for it.   If we had stayed just outside seattle, we would never have seen it.   It was fantastic.   So when the last one happened a few years ago, I took my family to my brother's place in Boise and then we went to a place where there would not be crowds of people and had another fantastic time watching the eclipse.   Planning on going to TX or thereabouts in 2024 for the next one. 

mspart

You and your dad went to Sunnyside to not see the sun?

• Clown 1

On 5/19/2023 at 11:49 AM, mspart said:

mspart

I have never heard of anyone who travels different places to see an eclipse. Nice tradition. If you like the star gazing thing, next time you come to Boise, go out to the Bruneau sand dunes and take in the observatory there. It's a pretty great place to visit. 

On 5/20/2023 at 5:50 AM, Plasmodium said:

You and your dad went to Sunnyside to not see the sun?

In a manner of speaking, yes.   It was pretty cool.  Skies were clear and as the eclipse started happening we could see off in the distance a shadow coming towards us at a rapid pace.   When it got to us, the eclipse was on.   It got overcast during that time for a short period but we could see the corona and my friend had a telescope with a  sun filter so we saw that.   Then the cloud went a way and we could see light coming towards us from way far away.   When it got to us, the moon was just barely off the sun, but it was blinding and full light, even with just a sliver of sun making it to us.   It was a great way to get out of school and see something a lot of people never see. 

mspart

• Fire 2

5 hours ago, mspart said:

In a manner of speaking, yes.   It was pretty cool.  Skies were clear and as the eclipse started happening we could see off in the distance a shadow coming towards us at a rapid pace.   When it got to us, the eclipse was on.   It got overcast during that time for a short period but we could see the corona and my friend had a telescope with a  sun filter so we saw that.   Then the cloud went a way and we could see light coming towards us from way far away.   When it got to us, the moon was just barely off the sun, but it was blinding and full light, even with just a sliver of sun making it to us.   It was a great way to get out of school and see something a lot of people never see. 

mspart

Last full solar thru our area, filed a flight plan for 11k GPS points along the best solar line, got to first fix ~20/30 min prior to arrival then turned SE on course & let the full eclipse catch us then pass us.  Above all clouds & haze so great viz and really cool plus lasted longer than on ground.  Have some video & pics but they don't do justice to the live visual.  😎 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Last full solar thru our area, filed a flight plan for 11k GPS points along the best solar line, got to first fix ~20/30 min prior to arrival then turned SE on course & let the full eclipse catch us then pass us.  Above all clouds & haze so great viz and really cool plus lasted longer than on ground.  Have some video & pics but they don't do justice to the live visual.  😎 

And here I though we were out there. And all we did was dance around a tree a sacrifice an avocado.