• Playwire Ad Area

Is Cody Chittum the favorite next year at 157?

12 minutes ago, JVStateChamp said:

For the individual it may be better than Iowa, Chittum will be there as a 157 with Paniro Johnson below him and David Carr above him. Those are tougher training partners than at Iowa, as well as adding Brent Metcalf as another person who brings Iowa's background in a different environment.

Iowa State has a lot of really talented middle weights, Paniro, Swiderski, Chittum, Rojas, and Gaitan after David leaves

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Tough day to be a fan of the @BlacknGold. Iowa may struggle with the mid-tier Big 10 teams next season. At least R. Woods is happy. $$$$

Worst offseason in Iowa wrestling history. I'm about 1 more article of bad news away from saying we need to hire Jordan Burroughs as our next head coach

3 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Worst offseason in Iowa wrestling history. I'm about 1 more article of bad news away from saying we need to hire Jordan Burroughs as our next head coach

Roll up the Brink's truck to Kyle Douglas Dakes home. They've gotta spend all that money somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Roll up the Brink's truck to Kyle Douglas Dakes home. They've gotta spend all that money somewhere. 

Would Dake make a good head coach? What with his solar calluses and getting younger every day? 

I was going to say that would not make a good head coach, but then there is Askren. He has some strange ideas about some things, but he obviously knows how to coach.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

13 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

I would like Dake but he's still focused on competing. Burroughs seems primed for the next big coaching hire as his career is fading 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Would Dake make a good head coach? What with his solar calluses and getting younger every day? 

I was going to say that would not make a good head coach, but then there is Askren. He has some strange ideas about some things, but he obviously knows how to coach.

Depends how bold the AD Department is feeling. I think Iowa would still have a lot of NIL free Agency $$$ to spend if Dake came in. I think Dake could attract talent so all that money is actually being spent and not just laying around like it is now. 

54 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

JB wouldn't take the job.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, BlacknGold said:

I would like Dake but he's still focused on competing. Burroughs seems primed for the next big coaching hire as his career is fading 

Burroughs has said, multiple times, he doesn't want to coach.

TBD

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Who is the source for this rumor?  Mineo? HR?  and if HR which poster?  

I am not going through the 46 dozen tweets I read the last week to tell you that.  It was Twitter.  I follow damn near everybody except Minnow because his weak ass blocked me.

Edit: This sounded harsh.  It was not meant to be: My apologies.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me