• Playwire Ad Area

Uncommitted top 100 flowrestling recruits, class of 2024

BlacknGold

2 hours ago, HungusMungus said:

Time for a change in Madtown....if you can't land home grown kids there is something wrong.

Homegrown is still a thing... but not as much of a thing as it used to be. With the amount of travel these kids do with wrestling they are able to see schools, meet people, go to camps under coaches, etc. A lot kids do not want to stay home no matter what, so it's not always an indication of the program. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Homegrown is still a thing... but not as much of a thing as it used to be. With the amount of travel these kids do with wrestling they are able to see schools, meet people, go to camps under coaches, etc. A lot kids do not want to stay home no matter what, so it's not always an indication of the program. 

Helps a lot that Minnesota and Wisconsin have tuition reciprocity. They can really be treated like in-state recruits financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Helps a lot that Minnesota and Wisconsin have tuition reciprocity. They can really be treated like in-state recruits financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True... they have a program similar to that for schools in the West as well. 

Just now, Idaho said:

It helps if you read the tweet.... "on a visit with RU wrestling" 

Just seems serious with him taking a picture in a singlet. Or is it that typical for a recruiting visit?

Wouldn't make sense from a competitive perspective, they need to rebuild their roster 🤦‍♂️ Hope Iowa doesn't get screwed after they stood up for the family 😔

Just now, BlacknGold said:

Just seems serious with him taking a picture in a singlet. Or is it that typical for a recruiting visit?

Wouldn't make sense from a competitive perspective, they need to rebuild their roster 🤦‍♂️ Hope Iowa doesn't get screwed after they stood up for the family 😔

Pretty common practice these days for recruits to do a photo op in the gear of the school they are visiting. 

8 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Charlie Millard - 165

Hunter Lyden - 174

Mx McEnelly - 184

Gavin Nelson - 197

Koy Hopke - HWT

That sounds like a GREAT end of a lineup! 

I'm big on Ethan Riddle at 174.  He has a really good improvement curve over the last year.  When Millard committed, he said he would probably be 157 or maybe 165 if he grows.  Lyden has battled injuries, so hard to say where he'll be when and if healthy.

Well that was eventful. Now that Ferrari and Chittum are gone it would be nice to see Iowa get back on the horse and move in a positive direction. Iowa lost 2 top 25 recruits this week in their incoming class, and they only have 2 commits in 2024. They could use a late 2023 pickup, maybe 2. And they can easily add 4-6 more recruits in the 2024 class. There is room for more big name commits, especially after recent events. There is work to be done. Go Hawkeyes

2 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

Well that was eventful. Now that Ferrari and Chittum are gone it would be nice to see Iowa get back on the horse and move in a positive direction. Iowa lost 2 top 25 recruits this week in their incoming class, and they only have 2 commits in 2024. They could use a late 2023 pickup, maybe 2. And they can easily add 4-6 more recruits in the 2024 class. There is room for more big name commits, especially after recent events. There is work to be done. Go Hawkeyes

And, can you really count Keuter...

10. Dillan Johnson (IL)- 285 is off the board!

Committed to play football and wrestle at Northwestern! I'm to lazy to attach the picture from social media but its out there.  

I am super excited to see what he does at the next level in both sports. 

21 hours ago, Ferrignohh said:

10. Dillan Johnson (IL)- 285 is off the board!

Committed to play football and wrestle at Northwestern! I'm to lazy to attach the picture from social media but its out there.  

I am super excited to see what he does at the next level in both sports. 

Being a DI athlete is a grind both physically and mentally, I am curious as to how the human body will hold up to these 2 grueling sports after an extended period of time, I wish this young man the best of luck and hope he is able to pull this off. 

27 minutes ago, Ivan Stankowski said:

Being a DI athlete is a grind both physically and mentally, I am curious as to how the human body will hold up to these 2 grueling sports after an extended period of time, I wish this young man the best of luck and hope he is able to pull this off. 

I agree. add the high academic standards expected from NU and it will be a tough but very rewarding journey.  

• Fire 1

On 5/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, BlacknGold said:

Well then he is going to Va Tech, them dudes rented a Ferrari for his pics

On 5/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, BlacknGold said:

Ferrari is going to end up at Iowa in my opinion.  NO WAY Brands let's Chittum walk due to Anthony if he didn't think he was getting little bro.  That is my two cents anyway....

2 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Ferrari is going to end up at Iowa in my opinion.  NO WAY Brands let's Chittum walk due to Anthony if he didn't think he was getting little bro.  That is my two cents anyway....

Yeah, hoping Angelo doesn't ditch his brother like Chittum did. That would cause a stir on the internet and everyone would say Chittum was right... Besides, his blonde hair matches the black n gold singlet, who could pass on such an opportunity?

2 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Yeah, hoping Angelo doesn't ditch his brother like Chittum did. That would cause a stir on the internet and everyone would say Chittum was right... Besides, his blonde hair matches the black n gold singlet, who could pass on such an opportunity?

Why would you hope that?  The best thing that could happen to the Ferrari and any program silly enough to land them is if they are separated giving them a chance to grow up and be away from the Sr at least 50% to 67% of the time.  

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Why would you hope that?  The best thing that could happen to the Ferrari and any program silly enough to land them is if they are separated giving them a chance to grow up and be away from the Sr at least 50% to 67% of the time.  

Oh cause you know what's best for him and not his family right? Thanks dad