• Playwire Ad Area

Uncommitted top 100 flowrestling recruits, class of 2024

BlacknGold

37 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

3 Time Cali State Champ - Miguel Estrada flips commitment from Wisconsin to Iowa.  #28 on Matscouts, #24 on FLO. Class of 2024. Projected 149/157.

That's awesome! Great move for Iowa and for the young man. Estrada, Angelo, and a couple more 2024 guys with the class of 2023 will be an amazing group of young talent. Sheeesh.  #IowaAscending

1 hour ago, Laxhawk174 said:

3 Time Cali State Champ - Miguel Estrada flips commitment from Wisconsin to Iowa.  #28 on Matscouts, #24 on FLO. Class of 2024. Projected 149/157.

Isn’t that the second recruit flipping on Wisconsin this week? WTF is going on?

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

$s

Wisconsin future looks pretty grim outside of Hamiti and to a lesser extent, Amos and Mike Tal-Shahar.  Upper classmen Barnett and Gomez remain but the rest of the roster looks rough.  Meanwhile Wisconsin continues to get better on the youth scene while the Badgers don't get any consideration from these guys as they are spurned for Missouri and Penn State

9 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

What was the other recruit besides Miguel Estrada ? 

Willie posted on HR that Laird Root (the guy Estrada beat in the State finals) was also a Badger commit who recently flipped to N. Carolina. They also had a Cadet world medalist enter the portal recently. 

44 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Willie posted on HR that Laird Root (the guy Estrada beat in the State finals) was also a Badger commit who recently flipped to N. Carolina. They also had a Cadet world medalist enter the portal recently. 

Yeah I know about Rowley but that’s crazy to hear that Root also flipped his commitment. I wonder what happened? Wisconsin may be in trouble in the long run? 

to say the least I’m excited to see Estrada in Black and Gold! Hopefully we see him in more National tournaments so we can so how more of a prospect he is. 

but hey, maybe we are looking to continue that CA➡️IA pipeline?! Much more studs coming up from Cali ! @Laxhawk174

12 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

to say the least I’m excited to see Estrada in Black and Gold! Hopefully we see him in more National tournaments so we can so how more of a prospect he is. 

but hey, maybe we are looking to continue that CA➡️IA pipeline?! Much more studs coming up from Cali ! @Laxhawk174

Yeah why not. Add Angelo and a few more hammers to this class and the Iowa juggernaut will be official

App Deploy GIF

13 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

Yeah why not. Add Angelo and a few more hammers to this class and the Iowa juggernaut will be official

App Deploy GIF

Outside of Cody Merrill and Angelo Ferrari, I think we should go all in the next class (2025)! 

I am excited to see how Anthony Santaniello is as a prospect, we haven’t really seen how he stacks up against the national field; but I think he’s land at Pitt with his brother; but idk, we will see! 

22 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Outside of Cody Merrill and Angelo Ferrari, I think we should go all in the next class (2025)! 

I am excited to see how Anthony Santaniello is as a prospect, we haven’t really seen how he stacks up against the national field; but I think he’s land at Pitt with his brother; but idk, we will see! 

I'm sure there are still elite recruits out there or diamonds in the rough, T&T will get a some. Wouldn't write off 2024 because psu got some guys. 2025 should be in the works but 2024 class is more important at this time. 

Santaniello would be a nice piece to throw in the room, but I would be surprised if he doesn't choose Pit with his brother, unless they both want to come to Iowa 😀

On 5/1/2023 at 7:57 PM, BlacknGold said:

60. Daniel Boone (PA)- 184

This probably should be PA state champ Tucker Hogan from Daniel Boone HS.  Hogan committed to Lock Haven a few days ago.

Boone himself ran out of eligibility about 265 years ago.

Edited by Jefe
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

Time for a change in Madtown....if you can't land home grown kids there is something wrong.

Homegrown only by state boundaries. He lives much closer to U of MN than Madison and has trained with the Gopher RTC and Pinnacle club for years.

• Fire 1

52 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

Homegrown only by state boundaries. He lives much closer to U of MN than Madison and has trained with the Gopher RTC and Pinnacle club for years.

I agree with this commitment, why wouldn't you go to Heavyweight U 

However UW has a massive problem on their hands, you have a ton of instate talent and all of them are going elsewhere.... Thats bad leadership and development 

• Fire 2