• Playwire Ad Area

Penn State 23-24

CementMixer

I don’t believe he was not on Mizzou’s radar, given their history. Mizzou missing out on him not once, but twice now is perplexing to say the least. I wonder what the story is. 

This is the story:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

This is the story:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please spare me your PSU kool aid. If anyone knows that Mizzou is perfectly capable of developing world level talent, it’s Coach Mesenbrink. Where he may or may not choose to train post college is not the issue. PSU’s fan base has been collectively annoying, but now that they’ve bought themselves a historic team, I can see it’s gonna become absolutely insufferable. 

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

Please spare me your PSU kool aid. If anyone knows that Mizzou is perfectly capable of developing world level talent, it’s Coach Mesenbrink. Where he may or may not choose to train post college is not the issue. PSU’s fan base has been collectively annoying, but now that they’ve bought themselves a historic team, I can see it’s gonna become absolutely insufferable. 

True PSU fans since 2011...

• Clown 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

6 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

This is the reason HE gave for going to Penn State. 

He went to Cal Bap first because...as others have pointed out, they were the first ones who were really in on him. He wasn't a huge prospect until after beating Haines and some of the things he did his SR year. 

He choose PSU because he said that was the best place to accomplish his goals. That's not a story, and I'm not a PSU fan, that's just reality right now.

Tyler Kasak (wearing Levi Haines' singlet) beat Vince Cornella, the #7 seed from NCAAs, to advance to the U20 65kg finals. DT was his corner man.

I anticipate a RS and then a log jam at 133-141-149 for Penn State with three AAs at those weights in Nagao, BB and SVN, who have three, two and three years of eligibility left, respectively. 

He could take both an OLY and a regular RS, if he wanted to, to let Bartlett graduate and the weight open up. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Tyler Kasak (wearing Levi Haines' singlet) beat Vince Cornella, the #7 seed from NCAAs, to advance to the U20 65kg finals. DT was his corner man.

I anticipate a RS and then a log jam at 133-141-149 for Penn State with three AAs at those weights in Nagao, BB and SVN, who have three, two and three years of eligibility left, respectively. 

He could take both an OLY and a regular RS, if he wanted to, to let Bartlett graduate and the weight open up. 

I don't see him holding '41 very long, so you should probably look at Van Ness. 

That argument about the level of recruiting talent...that was a debate that ends with this '23 class and transfers. I could coach Penn State to 5 National Championships with Jimmy Cinnabon's as my "inspirational speaker." 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Could he defer a year after the Olyshirt?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 4/29/2023 at 6:47 PM, Idaho said:

True PSU fans since 2011...

Actually since 1971 and Andy Matter. Nice try. Pennsylvania is the Mecca of wrestling and has more fans than any other state. The reason it took Penn State so long to claim our dynasty is because of the atrocious athletic directors in charge of the University all those years.

On 4/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Tigerfan said:

I don’t believe he was not on Mizzou’s radar, given their history. Mizzou missing out on him not once, but twice now is perplexing to say the least. I wonder what the story is. 

Ben Askren stated on FRL  growing up he was a Penn State fan and it was always his first choice

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted